For a year I have used a K1. I tried the K2 at the NY meetup
    I can not find reasons to 'upgrade' to K2

The main differences between K1 and K2:
    > KEYS: The slightly raised keys and soft key surface. If you are used to the K1 KB then there is little + for the K2 KB.
    > CHIP SET: K2 has a 'newer' higher speed chip set. There is nothing wrong with the K1 operating speed. Most of my speed problems are related to Network speed, not phone speed.
    > BATTERY CHARGE: There is a claim for longer charge time on the K2. I never run out of K1 charge when charges overnight.
    > QUICK KEY: There is an extra quick key on K2. I never use K1 quick keys.
    > ANDROID 8.0: K2 comes with factory installed 8.0 Android OS. K1 is said to get that OS upgrade soon.
    > FORM FACTOR: The form factor is almost identical .. slight differences:
    -SIZE: Size is virtually the same
    -BAR: Top metal trim bar on K1 is removed on K2
    -SCREEN EDGE: K1 has a slightly beveled screen edge, K1 is flat to the screen edge.
    > CAMERAS: K2 has higher resolution cameras. If your photo need is for recording events (not HD) then K1 is adequate
    cyberdoggie and bbone99 like this.
    06-12-18 10:57 AM

> KEYS: The slightly raised keys and soft key surface. If you are used to the K1 KB then there is little + for the K2 KB.
    > CHIP SET: K2 has a 'newer' higher speed chip set. There is nothing wrong with the K1 operating speed. Most of my speed problems are related to Network speed, not phone speed.
    > BATTERY CHARGE: There is a claim for longer charge time on the K2. I never run out of K1 charge when charges overnight.
    > ANDROID 8.0: K2 comes with factory installed 8.0 Android OS. K1 is said to get that OS upgrade soon.
    -SCREEN EDGE: K1 has a slightly beveled screen edge, K1 is flat to the screen edge.
    > CAMERAS: K2 has higher resolution cameras. If your photo need is for recording events (not HD) then K1 is adequate
    I'm getting it. But I agree I can see a lot of people skipping it and staying with the keyone which is a great device
    06-12-18 11:13 AM
    Plain and simple... buying a new phone every year isn't the norm. So don't feel bad if you feel the KEYone is good enough for your needs.

I expect a good number of hardcore fans on CrackBerry, will spring for the latest and greatest. But I think majority of sales would come from those that have not yet made the jump to the KEYone yet, and want something a little more premium. But how big that market is.... that remains to be seen.
    06-12-18 11:26 AM
    And you need to add the price difference, $650 for the K2 but only $350 for the K1 at Best Buy.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    06-12-18 11:35 AM

Ok.
    06-12-18 11:44 AM
    Plain and simple... buying a new phone every year isn't the norm. So don't feel bad if you feel the KEYone is good enough for your needs.

I expect a good number of hardcore fans on CrackBerry, will spring for the latest and greatest. But I think majority of sales would come from those that have not yet made the jump to the KEYone yet, and want something a little more premium. But how big that market is.... that remains to be seen.
    Yup I agree it's getting to be like iPhones that are released every year with minor changes that people fir ktheir money over for like mindless zombies looking for the latest and greatest. My plan with this key2 is to have it for 2 years. This is the only time I'm changing phones after a year and the only reason is I'm getting the phone for free. You can easily keep the keyone for 3 years or more imo
    06-12-18 11:46 AM
    Honestly for me, I'm upgrading because I love how the silver KEY2 looks. I upgraded from the OG KEYone to the BE KEYone for looks too. The extra RAM was nice too obviously. I always wanted the Passport SE but never upgraded. Now's my chance!
    06-12-18 11:50 AM

These two points also got my attention:

The addition of a quick key is not to my personal likening as I do not use shortcuts, and it removes the much used right Shift key. So that is a loss, not a plus, for me.

The design of the silver edition, while reminiscent of the Passport Silver Edition (in my opinion the most elegant BlackBerry phone), is “giving and taking” compared to the KEYone. On the plus side, the ugly plastic black bar on the chin of the KEYone has finally been removed. On the negative side, why remove the silver bar on the top of the phone? The Key2 would have looked so much more elegant if, like the Passport SE, it had both silver trims on the top and the bottom of the device. I am afraid I do not understand why BBMo went this way.
    06-12-18 12:40 PM
    I had the Keyone and sold it. It did feel incomplete and the pkb was to small for me. With the new PP SE like design and look they really got me excited. Already pre ordered here in Germany.

But if Keyone still works for you ...yeah why upgrade.
    06-12-18 12:51 PM
    I think if you wait for the Key 3 you will be happy you saved the money and being you will be at the second update cycle the features will be even cooler! I have a Priv I didn't buy the Key one because I use my phones for two years and then see what is out or coming out and make a decision. I was about to buy a Key one when the rumors got strong for the Key 2 so I waited and now going from my Priv to a Key 2 will be a nice bump in all specs.
    06-12-18 01:41 PM
    I had the Keyone and sold it. It did feel incomplete and the pkb was to small for me. With the new PP SE like design and look they really got me excited. Already pre ordered here in Germany.

The form size of the K2 KB is almost like the K1. The main differences: K2 with satin finish (K1 shiny), K2 keys are slightly higher.
    If you did not like the K1 KB due to key size, the K2 will not be good for you.
    06-12-18 06:48 PM

The K1 and K2 are essentially the same form factor. If K1 was too small, the K2 will be the same
    06-12-18 06:51 PM

But did you get a chance to test the speaker quality/volume? A nicely improved speaker combined with the other tweaks might be enough to warrant an upgrade.
    06-13-18 01:04 AM
    And you need to add the price difference, $650 for the K2 but only $350 for the K1 at Best Buy.
    350 where? Cause bestbuy has it for $499 on their site
    06-13-18 01:18 AM
    350 where? Cause bestbuy has it for $499 on their site
    If you activate the phone with them, it's $350. That was on their website.
    06-13-18 01:27 AM
    The form size of the K2 KB is almost like the K1. The main differences: K2 with satin finish (K1 shiny), K2 keys are slightly higher.
    If you did not like the K1 KB due to key size, the K2 will not be good for you.
    As you said : the main difference in design are the keys. All reviews I read/saw said that they were improved and better to type on.

So I'll see for myself if K2 "is good for me".
    06-13-18 01:33 AM
    I think the difference between key height and surface smoothness is a matter of getting used to. While writing this, I noticed I mostly hit the key with my short nails. In that case the surface is not an issue.

If there is a choice between the K2@$650 and K1@$400 then it is financial issue not a phone issue
    06-13-18 12:52 PM
    The K1 never seemed very convincing for me. Especially after screens started dropping out. The K2 is definitely more tempting, even at that steep price.
    06-13-18 02:32 PM
    Why I would stay with the KEYone? I'm poor... Plus I don't know yet if the speedkey can be customized as I love the CTRL shortcuts too much.
    06-13-18 10:48 PM
    Why I would stay with the KEYone? I'm poor... Plus I don't know yet if the speedkey can be customized as I love the CTRL shortcuts too much.
    While I love the fact that the currency key can be programmed to pull down the notification tray.
    But the loss of Ctrl key is bad.
    Couldn't they have added the speed key as a new key instead of replacing the shift key!? They do have the space.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    06-14-18 04:17 AM
    My impatient side wants to pick up the CDMA Keyone and get a prepaid line, but I'm going to wait until the holidays to see what deals is out there for the Keytwo.

But I wouldn't be surprised if I get the Keyone next month
    06-14-18 08:47 AM
    While I love the fact that the currency key can be programmed to pull down the notification tray.
    But the loss of Ctrl key is bad.
    Couldn't they have added the speed key as a new key instead of replacing the shift key!? They do have the space.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Yep, I agree, don't know why when BlackBerry adds a new feature they must take another one away first...
    06-14-18 09:37 AM
    Yep, I agree, don't know why when BlackBerry adds a new feature they must take another one away first...
    There seems to be quite a big backlash over the ctrl key... I say give it a few months and I bet they will add a setting to toggle the functionality.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-18-18 05:14 PM
    I wished they released a KEYone Silver edition with 4gb.

I prefer the look of the K1 and i'm used to type on smaller keys. I've noticed i'm faster on small keys than big ones.

I don't like the bulky look of the k2 and the way they handled frettes this time.

There's no real major improvement.

Bah.

Oh, i did not know for the control key. Mehhhh !
    06-20-18 03:34 AM
    I plan on upgrading to the KEY² though I have to have a case with a belt clip first for durability and ease of use. I've contacted Seidio to see if they are going to make a Surface Combo for the KEY² and they said they have no plans to make any KEY² accessories at this time.

Still looking though it is early.
    06-20-18 04:38 AM
26 12