Hey all, is it worth upgrading from PRIV to K2?
    06-12-18 12:24 PM
    In my opinion it’s worth upgrading from priv to KeyOne .... So yes, it should be worth to upgrade.

My wife had the priv and it always got hot. The Keyone, and surely Key2, is not doing that. Pkb is way better.
    06-12-18 12:54 PM
    I am upgrading myself, my wife and my daughter from our priv's to the key2. The only downside I see is the loss of display size which is annoying but the main use for my phone is communication and the secondary is watching movies while I wait somewhere. The priv's keyboard is just unusable for me so I am looking forward to the Key2 and the larger keys and not squishy keys both of which the Priv suffers from.
    06-12-18 01:29 PM
    I think it will depend on your reliance of a 16:9 screen. If you don't require that, you should be set!
    06-12-18 01:39 PM
    you may not like the screen quality, but everything else will be better. (I have PRIV for work and k1 for personal)
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-12-18 03:08 PM
    I use my Priv for everything and have never had an issue with it except the getting hot and that sometimes it's unresponsive or has a large lag time. At times when I'm outside or even indoors, I touch the screen and it won't turn off. What is happening to me now is that at times it deletes my saved contacts and I can only get them back when I look through my saved text messages and that way be able to store the number again. Aside from those issues, I'm very happy with the Priv but I feel it's time to change to something else. I was thinking about the Samsung Note 9 but I like BlackBerry, I need my keyboard. I like the look of the Key2 and it seems like the right device for me. I just wonder if it's really an upgrade from the Priv. Aside from its issues, the Priv is a very good device. I wouldn't mind keeping it for another issue if it wasn't giving me issues. The Key2 is the right device for me but I'm not going to lie, the price is a little high for what the phone packs.
    06-13-18 07:33 PM
    I agree. I also have a PRIV and use it all the time. Many people speak negatively about it but I wonder if these individuals only used it for a short time and did not truly experience the benefit of the device. Yes the keyboard is not as good as other BlackBerry devices but it is still awesome to have the pkb and VKB options. the key 2 looks like a nice device. I will likely continue using my PRIV. There are no options out there that provide a better experience for what I use the phone for. My ideal upgrade device would be the PRIV 2. Unfortunately that will never happen.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-24-18 11:51 AM
    I agree. I also have a PRIV and use it all the time. Many people speak negatively about it but I wonder if these individuals only used it for a short time and did not truly experience the benefit of the device. Yes the keyboard is not as good as other BlackBerry devices but it is still awesome to have the pkb and VKB options. the key 2 looks like a nice device. I will likely continue using my PRIV. There are no options out there that provide a better experience for what I use the phone for. My ideal upgrade device would be the PRIV 2. Unfortunately that will never happen.
    I'd jump to the KEY2 and keep the Priv as a backup/secondary or just to watch movies on
    06-24-18 01:45 PM
    the KEYone was a good update from the PRIV, so I'd say the K2 is gonna be an even bigger one. of course, the display is smaller, but an improved camera, better battery life, better keyboard and newer internals.
    06-24-18 02:18 PM
    the KEYone was a good update from the PRIV, so I'd say the K2 is gonna be an even bigger one. of course, the display is smaller, but an improved camera, better battery life, better keyboard and newer internals.
    Not to mention latest OS and security patches
    06-24-18 02:28 PM
    Well, yeah. That, too.
    06-24-18 02:30 PM
    I am so ready to upgrade from my PRIV to the Key2. My PRIV just has too many issues. It is a shame because it runs fast enough for me, packs in enough on the Android 6 and the blackberry software really shines. I really like my PRIV but WiFi, GPS and charging port are all busted or not working right.

I have been considering downgrading to my Classic because of my issues, but right now I am settling with switching my Sim back and forth between them when I need GPS and when the PRIV dies on me.

Key2 can't come fast enough.
    06-24-18 02:53 PM
    I upgraded from a Priv to the Motion. Was a good decision.
    06-24-18 06:54 PM
    PRIV 2 had so much potential. I hated the the battery and the overheating. I believe they could have upgraded it and made it a fantastic phone. The screen was awesome with beautiful color. My wife refuses to get the keyone or the motion. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to put her in once the PRIV quits on her. She's not a big fan of the keyboard or the motions screen.
    06-24-18 07:14 PM
    I have used my Priv for 2 years and I have hated it for about a year. The phone is randomly horribly slow, I feel like I am always putting it on a charger. Then while driving with the phone in a holster, it won't charge because it's overheating. Beautiful screen, cool slide out keyboard but as a person who has only ever used blackberry's the phone is a piece of **** in my opinion. My parents got fed up Blackberry's finally and bought Huawei's.
    06-24-18 08:45 PM
    I've long been a die-hard BB guy, from way back, day one, pre-2000. That said, I am a tech *****, and my BB Priv stinks. VZW IT tech support stinks and so does my own IT department. So, with so many people loving the Priv, I have to believe my troubles are me and my IT people.

I am waiting for the new Key2 and seeing if it will come to or work with VZW. The "smaller" non-full body screen makes me a bit nervous. I am used to and use the full screen on the Priv. Oh well. We'll see. Thanks.
    Rowe6 likes this.
    06-24-18 10:43 PM
    PRIV 2 had so much potential.
    There's a Priv 2?? How did I miss that!?
    06-25-18 04:29 AM
    I’m intrigued a lot of you using the Priv. Having been a BB fanatic for many years the Priv was the only phone that sent me away from BlackBerry temporarily
    06-25-18 06:28 AM
    Being an ex owner of a PRIV and currently user of a KEYone I would definitely recommend the upgrade !
    06-26-18 06:33 PM
    I have used my Priv for 2 years and I have hated it for about a year. The phone is randomly horribly slow, I feel like I am always putting it on a charger. Then while driving with the phone in a holster, it won't charge because it's overheating. Beautiful screen, cool slide out keyboard but as a person who has only ever used blackberry's the phone is a piece of **** in my opinion. My parents got fed up Blackberry's finally and bought Huawei's.
    Totally agreed !
    Two weeks ago my KEYone was broken ( my fault, it dropped down from 4 meters high ) and looking forward to buy the Key two I I decided to use in the meantime my "retired" PRIV which I have kept as spare phone.
    Unfortunately I couldn't live with it for more than a week , the phone lags a lot and the battery life was terrible . Between Saturday morning and Monday morning I had to re charge it 4 times while one time was enough for the KEYone.
    I didn't have the patience to wait few weeks for the key two , I gave up an order a new KEYone black edition .
    I am now again a happy user , I am only sad that I will not jump to the key two as I intended, at least for the next few months ...
    06-26-18 06:44 PM
    Totally agreed !
    Two weeks ago my KEYone was broken ( my fault, it dropped down from 4 meters high ) and looking forward to buy the Key two I I decided to use in the meantime my "retired" PRIV which I have kept as spare phone.
    Unfortunately I couldn't live with it for more than a week , the phone lags a lot and the battery life was terrible . Between Saturday morning and Monday morning I had to re charge it 4 times while one time was enough for the KEYone.
    I didn't have the patience to wait few weeks for the key two , I gave up an order a new KEYone black edition .
    I am now again a happy user , I am only sad that I will not jump to the key two as I intended, at least for the next few months ...
    I am going through something similar, even though I am fine with my PRIV performance wise. I know it lags tremendously, but I just hit the box and close whatever app I am using automatically now and even using Hub a lot it is moving pretty well for me.

My issue is that darn charge port. It has other issues that I can manage okay while I wait for the Key2, but the charge port only works sometimes, and I find myself taking the Classic to work because I wake up to a dead phone. The wait for the Key2 is gonna be annoying as heck, but since I only do this every 2 years or so it makes sense to me to be patient.

It's funny because I did like 3 months with an old bold 9930 and I didn't even care after that experience. I just used PC and laptop for connection. Then when my kid broke that one, I grabbed the Classic for a better GPS and booted up the PRIV and got hooked. Now it refuses to charge.

Oh well, I'll forget it ever happened in a month.
    06-26-18 07:08 PM
    Big times !
    06-26-18 08:05 PM
    Throw your priv in the garbage where it belongs lol
    06-27-18 06:53 AM
    It can make a decent backup device, not worthless enough to get "garbage" status.
    06-27-18 06:57 AM
    haha, I HATE my Priv. It's such a piece of crap & to believe BB charged so much for this phone.

My parents got rid of theirs, they got so fed up.
    06-27-18 07:35 AM
31 12