My following personal experience ditching the PRIV in favour of the KEY2 might interest somebody.

• What amazed me most was the huge leap in battery life time. My PRIV was prone to be recharged every 24 hours, the KEY2 just doubled up the usage time. This already made the decision worth it.
    • Some of the new Android features like being able to use mobile data while being connected to a WiFi are very comfy - but those are Android aspects.
    • When I plus a headset into the cinch port, the sound seems a bit low compared to the PRIV, but there might be a setting that I missed so far.
    • It happens often, that I hit the middle button (the circle in the middle for the home screen) while typing. I wish there were a better recognition of "user is typing" in order to prevent this.
    • I had problems mapping the Google Assistant to the convenience key: after every update of "Google" the assistant stopped working and had to be rebound to the key. I managed to work around this by switching from "Google Assistant mode" to "Normal mode" and applying "Voice search" to the convenience key.
    • The screen is of course smaller than PRIV's screen, but I almost never have the impression that it is too small for the things I am doing.
    • The camera is much better than PRIV's and I like how Google Lens is working (rather an app issue).
    • The shortcut key is a winner. Period. Being able to switch between the most used apps saves a lot of time!
    • The dynamic wallpapers are a nice gadget.
    • I wish there were a setting to let double-tapping either produce an uppercase letter or the matching Umlaut; I still think that the insertion of umlauts is cumbersome and time-consuming.
    • I do not miss the folding case, although it had this nice little window, where the most important stuff has been displayed, but I definitely miss the docking station. It is inexplicable that no such thing is available for the KEY2.

Cheers
    Vince
    the_boon and bd69 like this.
    01-09-20 01:34 PM
    I also made the switch from a PRIV very recently.

I'm enjoying the better battery life, faster charging, fingerprint scanner, overall speed of the device and it's camera.

Build quality is also very nice.

I feel, the KEY2 falls short on earpiece loudness/audio quality. It's not bad at all but it's like like the BlackBerries of the past. The keyboard isn't as fine tuned for swipe up typing. Perhaps this will be improved via an update.

It's a great device and I'm happy I purchased it before it was too late.
    Last edited by surgeon1919; 01-09-20 at 04:04 PM.
    01-09-20 03:44 PM

I'm enjoying the better battery life, faster charging, fingerprint scanner, overall speed of the device and it's camera.

I feel, the KEY2 falls short on earpiece loudness/audio quality. It's not bad at all but it's like like the BlackBerries of the past. The keyboard isn't as fine tuned for swipe up typing. Perhaps this will be improved via an update.

prescribing I find it better to use the virtual keyboard
    01-09-20 04:09 PM

I totally agree to all the points that I forgot to mention.
    01-09-20 04:13 PM
    My following personal experience ditching the PRIV in favour of the KEY2 might interest somebody.

• What amazed me most was the huge leap in battery life time. My PRIV was prone to be recharged every 24 hours, the KEY2 just doubled up the usage time. This already made the decision worth it.
    • Some of the new Android features like being able to use mobile data while being connected to a WiFi are very comfy - but those are Android aspects.
    • When I plus a headset into the cinch port, the sound seems a bit low compared to the PRIV, but there might be a setting that I missed so far.
    • It happens often, that I hit the middle button (the circle in the middle for the home screen) while typing. I wish there were a better recognition of "user is typing" in order to prevent this.
    • I had problems mapping the Google Assistant to the convenience key: after every update of "Google" the assistant stopped working and had to be rebound to the key. I managed to work around this by switching from "Google Assistant mode" to "Normal mode" and applying "Voice search" to the convenience key.
    • The screen is of course smaller than PRIV's screen, but I almost never have the impression that it is too small for the things I am doing.
    • The camera is much better than PRIV's and I like how Google Lens is working (rather an app issue).
    • The shortcut key is a winner. Period. Being able to switch between the most used apps saves a lot of time!
    • The dynamic wallpapers are a nice gadget.
    • I wish there were a setting to let double-tapping either produce an uppercase letter or the matching Umlaut; I still think that the insertion of umlauts is cumbersome and time-consuming.
    • I do not miss the folding case, although it had this nice little window, where the most important stuff has been displayed, but I definitely miss the docking station. It is inexplicable that no such thing is available for the KEY2.

Cheers
    Vince
    Welcome to the KEY2 users! I went from the Priv to the KEYone and then the KEY2, but in a way went from the Priv to the KEY2 because I used both the Priv and the KEYone together (2 lines with T-Mobile digits).
    Yours is a good assessment. I haven't had trouble with the sound though. For me the snappyness is the biggest improvement, as my Priv had started to lag.
    For the uppercase I hold down the key till it appears. If I hold longer still the other options for the letter appear included the Umlaut and I click on the needed one.
    I always loved the Priv camera especially for scenery photos but with practice and given the better tools in the software, I have been quite satisfied with the KEY2 camera.
    I hope the OP drops some photos into the KEY2 photo thread.
    01-09-20 04:23 PM
    For the uppercase I hold down the key till it appears. If I hold longer still the other options for the letter appear included the Umlaut and I click on the needed one.
    This is exactly what costs time and annoys me since I own BB devices. It is so easy to have uppercase and so terribly cumbersome to get an umlaut. If you are writing in English you will probably never realize this, but when you are using a language with umlauts, it makes life really hard. And it would be so easy: Just add a setting that will turn a letter by double-tap into its umlaut.

Just my two cents, as it has been annoying me for years 'n' years ...
    01-09-20 04:36 PM
    OP, regarding the accidental hit of the circle button while swiping, I found that using a tempered glass screen protector will greatly help in preventing that.
    Vince42 likes this.
    01-09-20 04:52 PM
    This is exactly what costs time and annoys me since I own BB devices. It is so easy to have uppercase and so terribly cumbersome to get an umlaut. If you are writing in English you will probably never realize this, but when you are using a language with umlauts, it makes life really hard. And it would be so easy: Just add a setting that will turn a letter by double-tap into its umlaut.

Just my two cents, as it has been annoying me for years 'n' years ...
    I do write in Norwegian which uses a few of these letters. I guess I have just put up with it.
    01-09-20 05:23 PM
    OP, regarding the accidental hit of the circle button while swiping, I found that using a tempered glass screen protector will greatly help in preventing that.
    Nice tip, thx!
    01-09-20 05:24 PM
    Nice tip, thx!
    Not only that, but it's a must for any device that has a glass screen (which is just about every single one of them)
    01-09-20 08:16 PM
    Oh, I forgot to mention one more thing: I love it that the average app update does only take a few seconds. On my PRIV I always had to wait ages compared to the KEY2.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-09-20 10:02 PM
    Not only that, but it's a must for any device that has a glass screen (which is just about every single one of them)
    I never used a screen protector before as it feels less comfortable than using the glass screen - but who knows, one fine day I might.
    01-09-20 10:04 PM
    I never used a screen protector before as it feels less comfortable than using the glass screen - but who knows, one fine day I might.
    I quit the screen protector on my Priv because it never looked good. So I did not use one on my KEYone or KEY2.
    01-10-20 01:30 AM
    I quit the screen protector on my Priv because it never looked good. So I did not use one on my KEYone or KEY2.
    I had one on my PRIV till it peeled off shortly after.

On my KEY2, I'm using a glass screen protector from supershieldz and it's very nice.

I even used my friend's KEY2 as a guinea pig a while ago based on the comments from CB and so far so good for him.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-10-20 09:10 AM
    Oh, I forgot to mention one more thing: I love it that the average app update does only take a few seconds. On my PRIV I always had to wait ages compared to the KEY2.
    I find it's the other way around and my priv downloads updates faster.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-10-20 02:53 PM
    A generic USB-C dock works well enough. I have a couple of them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z61QVS/

You're messing with us, right? Or you mean just the "download" and not the "install" portion. 30min per app on the Priv vs 30 seconds per app on the Key2.
    01-10-20 07:02 PM

Posted via my beautiful priv
    I'm with Vince on this. The KEY2 downloads and installs app updates at least 2-3x faster
    01-10-20 07:02 PM
    I'm with Vince on this. The KEY2 downloads and installs app updates at least 2-3x faster
    I once had 18 updates and the whole process was finished after one minute and something ... five seconds per download and install are quite normal.

On my PRIV every update took way longer ... the aforementioned update would have taken something like ten to twenty minutes ...

Well, everybody's mileage might vary: guess, it depends on many factors ...
    01-10-20 07:33 PM
    I once had 18 updates and the whole process was finished after one minute and something ... five seconds per download and install are quite normal.

On my PRIV every update took way longer ... the aforementioned update would have taken something like ten to twenty minutes ...

Well, everybody's mileage might vary: guess, it depends on many factors ...
    Yes at the moment the priv downloads and installs playstore apps faster than the K2. I'm not sure why this is and have tried various fixes as advised by other CB members. I don't use auto update apps on either device as I prefer to pick and choose which ones to update and when I want them to do so.
    Yesterday I updated a YouTube app on the priv and K2 and with the priv I was finished while the k2 was still doing the circle of nothing.
    01-11-20 12:52 AM

I use both and find the screen on the Priv far superior to the key two. That said the key two loads software faster and updates faster.
    01-11-20 09:32 AM
    I use both and find the screen on the Priv far superior to the key two. That said the key two loads software faster and updates faster.
    I also enjoy the screen on the priv and think the slider works well for me.
    01-11-20 09:49 AM