[QUOTE=AndroidFanboy8;13324402]
    It is PRD based.

However, there is apparently a way to further add other devices (as per your efforts).[/QUOTE @conite is correct.....it is PRD based!!!
    I guarantee you if you make enough noise about it and get the RIGHT person on the other end of customer support, you can get it working, Rogers PRD or not. But be prepared to be frustrated. How long will it last until it gets broken again? They can't even seem to figure out a way to make their "own" phones work. Expecting anything other than a "Rogers" phone (which is exactly the same in every other respect, Lol) to work reliably on Rogers is a tall order indeed.

And to think some here would have us believe this is a "premium" service, and an excuse to buy a phone from anyone. What a joke.

Front line support techs have been instructed to screen you out, treat you like a "grey market" customer. They want you to buy a carrier device because that makes a sale and secondly, it's a faster (and cheaper) way to solve the problem. They can fix it. It's already been documented. Just don't expect the first person you get on the phone at Rogers to be able to. Lucky if they even know what an IMS setting is, let alone getting it fixed for you.

Good luck!
    12-21-18 06:48 PM
    Stop spreading misinformation. I have both Wifi calling and VoLTE working on my Amazon.ca purchased Keyone Black Edition. It took a ton of work on my part to get it working however. Escalation after escalation, I fell on a tier 2 tech support manager out of Montreal that asked me to provide specific software and hardware information, and after about 7 business days of back and forth, was told to pull my sim card and reboot my phone. VoLTE was working and I was able to register for WiFi calling. Rogers is able to provision your Keyone and Keytwo to work on their network with VoLTE and Wifi calling, but the process is more involved than just whitelisting your IMEI. Whyy or how they make it this difficult to service paying customers, I have no idea, but it is possible, and it certainly isn't PRD variant based.
    After a complaint to CCTS I have had the president's office email me and was called by a Tier 2 technician to ask if my KEY2 was bought in the country or out of country. He said he was working on my issue and they will call me again. Let's see what happens.
    12-22-18 09:27 PM
    I don't know what fantasy you live in because I've spent HOURS corresponding with Roger's Office of the President and tier 2 technical support and the answer was always they have no way to whitelist non-Rogers equipment for VoLTE and WiFI calling.
    If I get that answer from them then I want a detailed technical explanation from them why a Rogers unit will work and a non Rogers won't.

Sorry. Pretty sure if you promised them eternal life if they can figure it out they'd have it done by the end of the work day. It's coding. We can nit pick whose coding and ease of implementation. But it's coding.
    12-22-18 09:43 PM
    Front line support techs have been instructed to screen you out, treat you like a "grey market" customer. They want you to buy a carrier device because that makes a sale and secondly, it's a faster (and cheaper) way to solve the problem.
    Good luck!
    If Rogers sold the silver version, I would buy it from them.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-18 09:58 PM
    If Rogers sold the silver version, I would buy it from them.

Posted via CB10
    Likewise.

I had originally bought a black Rogers unit and returned it. I could have bought the silver colour I wanted and way cheaper. I bought the black because I was assured by Rogers tech support that WFC would work. After buying the device I couldn't even find WFC settings. I had the black unit for four months and then noticed they removed WFC from the device features online. I called Rogers, put up a good fight, and got my black unit refunded. I'm stubborn. Bought my silver one and love it. I've noticed the back of the silver doesn't pick up oil the way the black units do. Not sure why. Anyways. I've lost VoLTE now but paid way less for my phone and got the colour I want. This silver unit is gorgeous.
    12-22-18 10:05 PM
    I just switched from Rogers to Telus and I now have Voice over LTE. Better deal per month too.
    12-29-18 02:25 PM
    No, they need to support the device. I think there were threads here about the KeyOne and VoLTE on Rogers.

On the Rogers website, it says that the device is supported. But I don’t think anyone was able to have it connected to VoLTE. Maybe someone else with the Keyone on Rogers can confirm?
    I'm pretty sure that you can force it onto the VoLTE setting - I was having problems with my TELUS Key2 and I recall going into an engineering screen (Elsewhere on this forum) to set it to "provisioned" and it worked well after that. There is also a tool on the AppStore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....quickshortcut - that can help override settings as well to see if you get lucky that way?

All that said - I can easily get VoLTE/IMS settings to work but my Key2 won't do Wi-Fi calling like my KeyOne and Priv can do, using the same SIM.
    12-30-18 03:14 PM
    I'm pretty sure that you can force it onto the VoLTE setting - I was having problems with my TELUS Key2 and I recall going into an engineering screen (Elsewhere on this forum) to set it to "provisioned" and it worked well after that. There is also a tool on the AppStore - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....quickshortcut - that can help override settings as well to see if you get lucky that way?

All that said - I can easily get VoLTE/IMS settings to work but my Key2 won't do Wi-Fi calling like my KeyOne and Priv can do, using the same SIM.
    How did you get your VoLTE working on your KEY2? Is it unlocked? Which carrier?
    01-01-19 04:51 PM
    Any updates on this? I am worried that Rogers will be repurposing their UMTS towers soon and I won't be able to use my Key2 anymore.
    06-02-21 10:48 PM
    I set up a SIM card on another phone and managed to use Wi-Fi calling for about 5 minutes on my Key2 before Rogers kicked me off the network.
    07-16-21 05:02 PM
60 123