Stop spreading misinformation. I have both Wifi calling and VoLTE working on my Amazon.ca purchased Keyone Black Edition. It took a ton of work on my part to get it working however. Escalation after escalation, I fell on a tier 2 tech support manager out of Montreal that asked me to provide specific software and hardware information, and after about 7 business days of back and forth, was told to pull my sim card and reboot my phone. VoLTE was working and I was able to register for WiFi calling. Rogers is able to provision your Keyone and Keytwo to work on their network with VoLTE and Wifi calling, but the process is more involved than just whitelisting your IMEI. Whyy or how they make it this difficult to service paying customers, I have no idea, but it is possible, and it certainly isn't PRD variant based.
    It is PRD based.

However, there is apparently a way to further add other devices (as per your efforts).
    BBuso77 likes this.
    12-19-18 01:00 PM
    Stop spreading misinformation. I have both Wifi calling and VoLTE working on my Amazon.ca purchased Keyone Black Edition. It took a ton of work on my part to get it working however. Escalation after escalation, I fell on a tier 2 tech support manager out of Montreal that asked me to provide specific software and hardware information, and after about 7 business days of back and forth, was told to pull my sim card and reboot my phone. VoLTE was working and I was able to register for WiFi calling. Rogers is able to provision your Keyone and Keytwo to work on their network with VoLTE and Wifi calling, but the process is more involved than just whitelisting your IMEI. Whyy or how they make it this difficult to service paying customers, I have no idea, but it is possible, and it certainly isn't PRD variant based.
    With the latest update ABM374, my NA Silver Edition K2 has lost the setting for WiFi Calling. Spent a few hours with Rogers prior and they were never able to enable Volte or WiFi Calling and now, it's not even an option. If you @silentbystander could kindly provide us with contact details that worked for you, then I am more than willing to attempt it again. Name, email and phone # would be great. Thanks,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 12-19-18 at 03:23 PM.
    12-19-18 02:56 PM
    I too have a NA (non-Rogers) Silver K2 with Rogers SIM. I am not aware of any non Rogers variant having WiFi or Volte working. I have spent a few hours with Rogers on the phone and at a store. They added all permissions and still no joy. I was told more than once that Rogers does not support WiFi calling or Volte on any non carrier Blackberry. This is something the CRTC needs to mandate.
    Canadian carriers seems to be doing it with all phones now. If you give them enough grief about it, and your account supports the feature, and you are using a phone they already support, you should be able to get it working. It's a matter of getting the right person on the other end who understands the issue and can connect with the right person / people internally to get your device registered. Even once that happens, it's not foolproof. For example a monthly update can break it and you need to start over. Not fun!
    12-19-18 03:22 PM
    Canadian carriers seems to be doing it with all phones now. If you give them enough grief about it, and your account supports the feature, and you are using a phone they already support, you should be able to get it working. It's a matter of getting the right person on the other end who understands the issue and can connect with the right person / people internally to get your device registered. Even once that happens, it's not foolproof. For example a monthly update can break it and you need to start over. Not fun!
    Mine is a NA unlocked Silver Edition (purchased at Walmart Canada) and that variant is not supported by Rogers, unfortunately. Kind of a mute point as WiFi calling has been removed with the new build ABM374.
    12-19-18 04:17 PM
    Mine is a NA unlocked Silver Edition (purchased at Walmart Canada) and that variant is not supported by Rogers, unfortunately. Kind of a mute point as WiFi calling has Benn removed with the new build ABM374.
    I know some say carriers are blocking these services on purpose to sell phones, but I'm not so sure about that. Based on the people I've spoken with it seems it's a very complicated issue for carriers with so many different Android phones (and variants) out there...it becomes more about the physical limitations of the carrier system than the device itself.
    rarsen likes this.
    12-19-18 04:27 PM
    I don't know what fantasy you live in because I've spent HOURS corresponding with Roger's Office of the President and tier 2 technical support and the answer was always they have no way to whitelist non-Rogers equipment for VoLTE and WiFI calling.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    12-19-18 05:38 PM
    I know some say carriers are blocking these services on purpose to sell phones, but I'm not so sure about that. Based on the people I've spoken with it seems it's a very complicated issue for carriers with so many different Android phones (and variants) out there...it becomes more about the physical limitations of the carrier system than the device itself.
    Definitely to sell more phones and more importantly, specific premium lines of certain OEMs instead of mid-tier or low-priced hardware. My AT&T carrier locked KEYone does not support WFC and never has, and with Oreo 8.1 update, no longer supports VoLTE service.

If you look across North American carriers, you’re beginning to see a uniformity of, iPhone, Google Proprietary Device, Google Licensed OEM Flagship, Google Licensed Flagship OEM Competitor Runnerup and some low-end device.

Accessories have become uniform and standardized including chargers and cases. This allows the entire supply chain to reduce inventory costs. Just another part of the evolution of the mobile industry.
    12-19-18 06:06 PM
    If you look across North American carriers, you’re beginning to see a uniformity of, iPhone, Google Proprietary Device, Google Licensed OEM Flagship, Google Licensed Flagship OEM Competitor Runnerup and some low-end device.
    Actually, I don't see that at all. Just iPhone and a literal avalanche of Android phones; too many for any carrier to ever fully support, realistically.
    12-19-18 06:18 PM
    I don't know what fantasy you live in because I've spent HOURS corresponding with Roger's Office of the President and tier 2 technical support and the answer was always they have no way to whitelist non-Rogers equipment for VoLTE and WiFI calling.

Confirmed living in fantasy land.
    12-19-18 07:15 PM
    That my Freind is a K1, please show us a K2 with WiFi calling! Thank you,
    12-19-18 07:43 PM
    Thread title is pretty straight forward.
    12-19-18 07:46 PM
    Is this not the K2 discussion section??? Perhaps should be moved to the K1 area? If there is no relevance to K2 WiFi calling and Volte, then it should be moved, as my K1 Rogers bought phone did absolutely have these features. Cheers,
    12-19-18 07:49 PM
    Is this not the K2 discussion section??? Perhaps should be moved to the K1 area? If there is no relevance to K2 WiFi calling and Volte, then it should be moved, as my K1 Rogers bought phone did absolutely have these features. Cheers,
    I'll be sure to put you on my moderator ballot next vote.
    12-19-18 07:59 PM
    I'll be sure to put you on my moderator ballot next vote.
    Hahaha, OK. I'm just saying we have different sections to keep the noise down and on point. When I had my K1 I would post to that section. If you have or know of a K2 that has these features enabled, please by all means share and we shall all rejoice! Nothing personal. Cheers,
    12-19-18 08:08 PM
    Actually, I don't see that at all. Just iPhone and a literal avalanche of Android phones; too many for any carrier to ever fully support, realistically.
    Not sure where you’re at, but walk into AT&T or VZW and you’ll see they don’t carry many different models.
    12-19-18 09:04 PM
    Not sure where you’re at, but walk into AT&T or VZW and you’ll see they don’t carry many different models.
    That doesn't prove consolidation. And it certainly doesn't prove carriers are trying to push sales by only offering certain services on certain devices. It proves carriers have limited capabilities in terms of the number of devices they can realistically (and reliably) support on their network, which is the exact point I was making.
    Chuck Finley69 and rarsen like this.
    12-20-18 07:16 AM
    I said it before and I’ll say it again: BB should seriously consider simplifying their phone versions. We won’t have any of these issues if there’s only one or two KeyOne or KeyTwo models
    12-20-18 04:01 PM
    I said it before and I’ll say it again: BB should seriously consider simplifying their phone versions. We won’t have any of these issues if there’s only one or two KeyOne or KeyTwo models
    BlackBerry Mobile would be the first one to want less models. They exist only because they have to.

Different keyboards, different colours, different memory configurations, different regions, different languages, Etc.

Otherwise, ALL updates would have to wait until the very last certification is granted.
    12-20-18 04:08 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile would be the first one to want less models. They exist only because they have to.

Different keyboards, different colours, different memory configurations, different regions, different languages, Etc.

Otherwise, ALL updates would have to wait until the very last certification is granted.
    I understand the keyboard... but I believe the most recent iPhones only have two models, one of the world and one for China.

This would simplify life so much!!!
    12-20-18 04:23 PM
    I understand the keyboard... but I believe the most recent iPhones only have two models, one of the world and one for China.

This would simplify life so much!!!
    BlackBerry Mobile has chosen to distribute via local channels and distributors. As such every model is subject to the local regulatory agencies and distribution rules.
    12-20-18 04:32 PM
    That doesn't prove consolidation. And it certainly doesn't prove carriers are trying to push sales by only offering certain services on certain devices. It proves carriers have limited capabilities in terms of the number of devices they can realistically (and reliably) support on their network, which is the exact point I was making.
    Carriers are consolidating by carrying fewer models than in previous times. Nothing unusual as that's played out before with other retail technology sold to consumers.

If carriers like AT&T weren't using Enhanced Services to encourage sales of certain devices, why require certification or block certain devices?
    12-20-18 05:37 PM
    No. That won't work. The PRD number itself is what is whitelisted at Rogers.
    Agreed! Loading an autoloader wont work! The PRD has to be updated! m a bit confused also WHY Rogers onkly whitelists there branded K2's!?
    12-21-18 11:53 AM
    I also questioned VoLTE at a local Bell office having bought the phone unlocked full price at Bell. Was told that independent of the <IMS Not Connected> message, all LTE is functional. Even with the KEY2 specifically quoted as compatible on their Web sire for VoLTE technology but not Wi-Fi Calling. I remain skeptic at the level of knowledge of store sales people and plan to contact their tech service.
    You are wasting your time!!!Let what we went thru to save you the headache!!!Not to sound pessimistic but rogers store staff just dont have the indepth knowledge. Required to "fix" this issue. @conite has alot of knowledge about the "ims" issue. And unless the prd is whitelisted for non rogers variants, wifi calling, ims and VOLTE is basically moot!!!
    rarsen likes this.
    12-21-18 11:57 AM
    [QUOTE=conite;13323586]It is PRD based.

However, there is apparently a way to further add other devices (as per your efforts).[/QUOTE @conite is correct.....it is PRD based!!!
    12-21-18 11:59 AM
    YES please show us with a K2 with wificalling!!!???
    12-21-18 12:01 PM
60 123