I don't know what to believe anymore.

My unlocked KEY2 does not have VoLTE. My IMS setting says not connected.

Rogers swears I am fully provisioned on their network and that there is no IMEI black list for non-Rogers devices. They say IMS Not Connected is due to improper software configuration on non-Rogers devices.

Then I read elsewhere that IMS Not Connected is strictly a network block.

What is the truth?
    12-17-18 04:16 PM
    I don't know what to believe anymore.

My unlocked KEY2 does not have VoLTE. My IMS setting says not connected.

Rogers swears I am fully provisioned on their network and that there is no IMEI black list for non-Rogers devices. They say IMS Not Connected is due to improper software configuration on non-Rogers devices.

Then I read elsewhere that IMS Not Connected is strictly a network block.

What is the truth?
    There’s no blacklist but to my knowledge, a device has to be whitelisted to work on VoLTE. Confused?
    12-17-18 04:32 PM
    They say they add my IMEI to the system. is that White listing or is that some other covert database?
    12-17-18 04:35 PM
    No, they need to support the device. I think there were threads here about the KeyOne and VoLTE on Rogers.

On the Rogers website, it says that the device is supported. But I don’t think anyone was able to have it connected to VoLTE. Maybe someone else with the Keyone on Rogers can confirm?
    12-17-18 04:45 PM
    They say they add my IMEI to the system. is that White listing or is that some other covert database?
    No, they need to support the device. I think there were threads here about the KeyOne and VoLTE on Rogers.

On the Rogers website, it says that the device is supported. But I don’t think anyone was able to have it connected to VoLTE. Maybe someone else with the Keyone on Rogers can confirm?
    Pretty sure you need the Rogers PRD variant to get VoLTE.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    12-17-18 04:57 PM
    There’s a Rogers variant? 🤦*♂️
    12-17-18 05:08 PM
    What is a PRD variant? Is that the software build? Can it be loaded onto an unlocked device with an autoloader?
    12-17-18 05:14 PM
    What is a PRD variant? Is that the software build? Can it be loaded onto an unlocked device with an autoloader?
    https://www.phonemore.com/blackberry-keyone/models/1845

It’s the model that you have... you can’t change it with software.
    12-17-18 05:18 PM
    What is a PRD? Is that the software build? Can it be put on to an unlocked KEY2 with an autoloader?
    12-17-18 05:19 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion:

https://tclota.birth-online.de

KEY² and KEY² LE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

Rogers KEYᵒⁿᵉ is PRD-63116-005 (device model variant).

All BBMo devices except KEYᵒⁿᵉ AT&T and KEYᵒⁿᵉ Sprint are factory-unlocked.

Yes, you can load any OS you want that isn't CDMA, Chinese, or Indonesian.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    12-17-18 05:20 PM
    https://www.phonemore.com/blackberry-keyone/models/1845

It’s the model that you have... you can’t change it with software.
    I have a silver KEY2 unlocked from BlackBerry Mobile. When I first turned on the phone it connected with VoLTE twice calling voicemail. Then it started to switch to 4G.

My device has IMS Not Connected. Why is this not connected? Is this a software setting on the device or network issue?
    12-17-18 05:22 PM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion:

https://tclota.birth-online.de

KEY² and KEY² LE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354

Rogers KEYᵒⁿᵉ is PRD-63116-005 (device model variant).

All BBMo devices except KEYᵒⁿᵉ AT&T and KEYᵒⁿᵉ Sprint are factory-unlocked.

Yes, you can load any OS you want that isn't CDMA, Chinese, or Indonesian.
    So if I load a build with a Rogers PRD you think the IMS settings might work? If I autoload one of those Rogers PRD builds will my phone always get Rogers build updates from that point moving forward?
    12-17-18 05:31 PM
    So if I load a build with a Rogers PRD you think the IMS settings might work? If I autoload one of those Rogers PRD builds will my phone always get Rogers build updates from that point moving forward?
    No. That won't work. The PRD number itself is what is whitelisted at Rogers.
    12-17-18 05:52 PM
    Can you explain the PRD? Is that something hard built into the hardware and can't be changed?

How can I get my IMS Connected? Some people here in forums are saying they have gotten Rogers to get it working on network side for their unlocked non Rogers devices. But Rogers is saying it's a phone software setting. Which is it?
    12-17-18 05:58 PM
    Can you explain the PRD? Is that something hard built into the hardware and can't be changed?
    It can't be changed.
    12-17-18 08:14 PM
    It can't be changed.
    So is VoLTE not working a software issue or a network issue? And how are people getting IMS Connected by calling Rogers?
    12-17-18 09:00 PM
    So is VoLTE not working a software issue or a network issue? And how are people getting IMS Connected by calling Rogers?
    I'm not sure they are unless they have the Rogers variant.
    12-17-18 09:09 PM
    I too have a NA (non-Rogers) Silver K2 with Rogers SIM. I am not aware of any non Rogers variant having WiFi or Volte working. I have spent a few hours with Rogers on the phone and at a store. They added all permissions and still no joy. I was told more than once that Rogers does not support WiFi calling or Volte on any non carrier Blackberry. This is something the CRTC needs to mandate.
    12-17-18 10:15 PM
    I too have a NA (non-Rogers) Silver K2 with Rogers SIM. I am not aware of any non Rogers variant having WiFi or Volte working. I have spent a few hours with Rogers on the phone and at a store. They added all permissions and still no joy. I was told more than once that Rogers does not support WiFi calling or Volte on any non carrier Blackberry. This is something the CRTC needs to mandate.
    MHW100 claims Rogers got his silver unlocked going. Bought from Staples.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ogers-1151870/
    12-18-18 08:12 AM
    MHW100 claims Rogers got his silver unlocked going. Bought from Staples.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ogers-1151870/
    I'm confused, his quote says it's not working on Rogers.
    12-18-18 09:26 AM
    I'm confused, his quote says it's not working on Rogers.
    Initially but down the thread he says Rogers got it working for him.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    12-18-18 05:07 PM
    BB should seriously consider cutting down on the number of variants. It would make things so much easier!
    12-18-18 11:38 PM
    I also questioned VoLTE at a local Bell office having bought the phone unlocked full price at Bell. Was told that independent of the <IMS Not Connected> message, all LTE is functional. Even with the KEY2 specifically quoted as compatible on their Web sire for VoLTE technology but not Wi-Fi Calling. I remain skeptic at the level of knowledge of store sales people and plan to contact their tech service.
    12-19-18 07:20 AM
    I also questioned VoLTE at a local Bell office having bought the phone unlocked full price at Bell. Was told that independent of the <IMS Not Connected> message, all LTE is functional. Even with the KEY2 specifically quoted as compatible on their Web sire for VoLTE technology but not Wi-Fi Calling. I remain skeptic at the level of knowledge of store sales people and plan to contact their tech service.
    This is similar to my AT&T carrier locked KEYone that never had WFC and with the Oreo 8.1 update lost VoLTE capabilities. I was told by AT&T that only certain high-end flagship devices will be supported with Enhanced Calling Features going forward. It’s to give people incentive to buy premium over midtier phones.
    rarsen likes this.
    12-19-18 07:26 AM
    Stop spreading misinformation. I have both Wifi calling and VoLTE working on my Amazon.ca purchased Keyone Black Edition. It took a ton of work on my part to get it working however. Escalation after escalation, I fell on a tier 2 tech support manager out of Montreal that asked me to provide specific software and hardware information, and after about 7 business days of back and forth, was told to pull my sim card and reboot my phone. VoLTE was working and I was able to register for WiFi calling. Rogers is able to provision your Keyone and Keytwo to work on their network with VoLTE and Wifi calling, but the process is more involved than just whitelisting your IMEI. Whyy or how they make it this difficult to service paying customers, I have no idea, but it is possible, and it certainly isn't PRD variant based.
    macberry33 and Midnightflyer like this.
    12-19-18 12:13 PM
60 123