Phone has been working perfectly up until it was squeezed into a cup holder for a car journey. On removal the front screen keeps giving the message "unlock for all features and data".
    Entering the usual four digits will not unlock the phone and I just see the message "Enter blackberry" again.

I am assuming that a series of random keys have been pressed during the car journey...... Is the only option a fully hard reset / wipe of device?

TIA
    12-30-19 03:03 AM
    Phone has been working perfectly up until it was squeezed into a cup holder for a car journey. On removal the front screen keeps giving the message "unlock for all features and data".
    Entering the usual four digits will not unlock the phone and I just see the message "Enter blackberry" again.

I am assuming that a series of random keys have been pressed during the car journey...... Is the only option a fully hard reset / wipe of device?

TIA
    Enter the word 'blackberry', then proceed to enter your password again. This is so the device doesn't inadvertently wipe itself if you keep it in your pocket - or in a cup holder for instance!
    Dewcal likes this.
    12-30-19 06:45 AM
    Enter the word 'blackberry', then proceed to enter your password again. This is so the device doesn't inadvertently wipe itself if you keep it in your pocket - or in a cup holder for instance!
    Many thanks for this - a new year spent adding contacts was not my idea of fun!! Pity it did not say "enter the word blackberry" for pedantic people like me!!
    Help very much appreciated! Have a great 2020.
    12-30-19 06:59 AM
    Many thanks for this - a new year spent adding contacts was not my idea of fun!! Pity it did not say "enter the word blackberry" for pedantic people like me!!
    Help very much appreciated! Have a great 2020.
    Glad to help, wonderful new year to you as well.
    12-30-19 07:10 AM