10-12-18 12:13 PM
27 12
tools
    I love typing on my KeyOne keyboard... but for one thing!
    The problem I have is I regularly catch one of the Android buttons (immediately above the keyboard) so my message suddenly disappears or is minimized and I then have to break off to retrieve it before resuming typing.
    Can anyone tell me is this a less frequent occurrence while typing on the Key2? If so, I'm going to make the switch!

Many thanks in advance,
    Gil Riley
    10-07-18 03:12 PM
    You are not the only one. This could have been easily prevented if BlackBerry Mobile would have gone for on screen navigation buttons, rather than capacitive.

It's a matter of training yourself to avoid them; really hard to do, for me as well.
    moosbb and FF22 like this.
    10-07-18 05:41 PM
    I didn't encounter this much on the KEY². I think they have improved it a lot from that perspective.

One of the improvements is the sensitivity of the swiping on the capacitive keyboard and it's height too. You don't need to swipe that hard or the keys aren't that cramped that'll make you falsely hit the home button. It's still isn't perfect but I have hardly experienced falsely invoking the navigation bar yet.
    10-07-18 06:10 PM
    I've hit almost every capacitive button up there. It's annoying as all he'll.
    10-07-18 06:37 PM
    Ever since I've put my Key2 on LE mode I'm hitting the home button and multi task more than usual! Since I now have to press on the predictive word with my thumb 👍 I have been pressing the home button and multi task button more than usual.
    10-07-18 06:55 PM
    many thanks for all your comments - doesn't solve the problem but have to confess I'm glad I'm not the only one bugged by this!
    Mamaluka likes this.
    10-08-18 12:02 PM
    many thanks for all your comments - doesn't solve the problem but have to confess I'm glad I'm not the only one bugged by this!
    As time goes on, I'm doing it less and less. I also find I'm somehow invoking the virtual keyboard. I want to disable it but I need it for some of the symbols. I guess I should just download a button remapper and end this nonsense.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-18 12:05 PM
    I've never had a KEYone but it's never happened to me on the Key².
    10-08-18 12:07 PM
    I also find I'm somehow invoking the virtual keyboard
    A swipe down on the physical keyboard invoke the VKB in SYM mode. This gesture is by design.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    10-08-18 02:38 PM
    Simple fix guys.

Install button mapper then set 100ms delay to the capacitive buttons.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-18 03:06 PM
    10-08-18 03:09 PM
    Simple fix guys.

Install button mapper then set 100ms delay to the capacitive buttons.
    *facepalm*
    Slinks away slowly to settings. Lol
    Thanks!!
    10-08-18 03:14 PM
    Thank you!! Wow, it's so great to be back here after all these years.
    10-08-18 03:19 PM
    Heres your settings. Just repeat for the back and square buttons.
    Attached Thumbnails Unintentionally catching Android buttons-screenshot_20181008-212927.jpg   Unintentionally catching Android buttons-screenshot_20181008-212918.jpg  
    Mamaluka and FF22 like this.
    10-08-18 03:30 PM
    This is my first time typing with Mercuryuser's suggestion for Button Mapper Pro (I bought the pro). Thank you! Now to figure out how to disable swipe down for invoking the VKB yet retain the ability to double tap for bringing up the text selection/movement arrows. I like that feature. Any suggestions on that Mercuryuser?
    10-08-18 03:56 PM
    Ohhhhh, I just enabled the "swap back and recent" buttons before my muscle memory even got used to it being reversed from my years of Note usage. Lol. Unbelievable app, game changer indeed.
    10-08-18 04:35 PM
    Hmm, this app is a bit wonky. For some reason my back and recent buttons reverted to default and I had to reset them twice now. Tried rebooting and resetting, hope that works because I enjoy what this app does.
    10-08-18 05:30 PM
    What ashame, this app works, unfortunately it's wonky as all he'll. The recent button, no matter how long or short I set the delay keeps wonking out on me. Sometimes a long press brings a recent app to the front, sometimes the long press splits the most recent app to split screen, and a few times its closing the app all together and when I go to reopen said app, the app closes right out.
    Home button and back button work just fine with the settings you recommended. But I need that recent apps button to function as intended when I long press it, and it wont.
    As soon as I disable the mapper everything goes back to normal. I dont think this app was meant for my Key2. Ah well. I'll figure out other ways to use it on my android. I see it remaps the useless Bixby button without root.
    10-08-18 05:54 PM
    Your recent button should be set up like this. Works perfectly for me. It is worth mentioning you do lose some of the functionality of the recent button with my method. ie you won't be able to use the split screen function. For me that's not an issue cos I never use it.

Essentially with my method, long press becomes like a single press.
    Attached Thumbnails Unintentionally catching Android buttons-screenshot_20181009-072057.jpg  
    Mamaluka likes this.
    10-09-18 01:22 AM
    Your recent button should be set up like this. Works perfectly for me. It is worth mentioning you do lose some of the functionality of the recent button with my method. ie you won't be able to use the split screen function. For me that's not an issue cos I never use it.

Essentially with my method, long press becomes like a single press.
    I'm just gonna have to be more careful typing. I've tried long press as default and long press as recent and both behave very unstable and if held too long, strange things happen lol
    Gotta be my phone itself if it's working for you.
    10-09-18 01:40 AM
    I'm just gonna have to be more careful typing. I've tried long press as default and long press as recent and both behave very unstable and if held too long, strange things happen lol
    Gotta be my phone itself if it's working for you.
    Very strange. Go into "more options" and Try toggling on "alternative input method"

If that fails then I'm at a bit of a loss. Shame cos it's a brilliant workaround for me.
    10-09-18 01:52 AM
    Instead of going through this button mapper thing, why not just get a tempered glass screen protector that does not curve around the capacitive keys, but instead covers them up just like the KEYone protectors with the black contours.
    10-09-18 03:36 AM
    Great suggestion! That's what I'm going to do! Many thanks! Gil
    10-10-18 01:21 PM
    Instead of going through this button mapper thing, why not just get a tempered glass screen protector that does not curve around the capacitive keys, but instead covers them up just like the KEYone protectors with the black contours.
    Not sure I understand this. Can you elaborate? Thx.
    10-11-18 06:53 AM
    Not sure I understand this. Can you elaborate? Thx.
    Get one of these and it should reduce the amount of accidental hits of the capacitive back/home/recent keys.

Unintentionally catching Android buttons-822273566.jpeg

In your case, avoid those where the bottom part goes up and around the 3 capacitive buttons.
    10-11-18 07:26 AM
27 12