Hi, I am trying to uninstall all Google bloatware on my Key2. I sucesfully uninstalled all Google apps on my Priv using adb and command " Pm uninstall" . But unfortunatelly, this command seems not working on Key2 .

Could somebody help me with this ? Thank you.
    09-24-19 01:06 AM
    Hi, I am trying to uninstall all Google bloatware on my Key2. I sucesfully uninstalled all Google apps on my Priv using adb and command " Pm uninstall" . But unfortunatelly, this command seems not working on Key2 .

I believe one can only disable them. Here's a thread you might find interesting,
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1168996

Posted via CB10
    ab2x2 likes this.
    09-24-19 06:12 AM

About the Priv, you're a lifesaver. That's the answer I was looking for. You comfirmed it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-19 01:08 PM
    For anyone else reading, know that without root, the app doesn't actually get deleted off the device with this method - it only becomes inaccessible from the current user-space.
    09-28-19 03:49 PM
    You used the wrong command , the correct one is "pm uninstall -k –user 0 APPNAME"
    10-04-19 06:39 AM
    There's no way on the KEY2 without rooting. People claim that you can do it through
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube (for example).

You will get Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

It doesn't work without root and you can't get root by typing "su".

Google bloatware (and crappy Android 8) is here to stay on the KEY2 and there's nothing you can do about it except buying a rootable phone. There's only 1 rootable physical keyboard phone on the market soon that I know of and that's the Pro1 | F(x)tec (if it is ever released that is).
    11-17-19 02:37 PM
    Just disable the ones that won't uninstall, it's practically the same thing.
    A disabled app won't bother you or drain battery.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-19 03:26 PM
    Just disable the ones that won't uninstall, it's practically the same thing.
    A disabled app won't bother you or drain battery.
    Except, unfortunately when they still seem to run and kill the battery somehow.

For example, the TCL Preview app. It wont seem to die after the Sept security patch.

Since then, disabling it doesnt actually seem to kill it and for some reason it is brutal on the battery, like its caught in some sort of limbo where its disabled, but is using memory and battery.

Otherwise, all other apps will behave properly when disabled.

Anyone else tried disabling the preview app and noticed similar behavior?
    11-18-19 10:53 PM
    Except, unfortunately when they still seem to run and kill the battery somehow.

For example, the TCL Preview app. It wont seem to die after the Sept security patch.

Since then, disabling it doesnt actually seem to kill it and for some reason it is brutal on the battery, like its caught in some sort of limbo where its disabled, but is using memory and battery.

Otherwise, all other apps will behave properly when disabled.

Anyone else tried disabling the preview app and noticed similar behavior?
    I've never seen that app even register on my battery list - disabled or not.
    11-18-19 11:52 PM
    I've never seen that app even register on my battery list - disabled or not.
    It's really strange. It comes and goes too. When the preview app doesnt appear in the battery usage list, the phone lasts 1.5 days easy.

But as soon as it appears, 8 hours tops, even though the preview app itself shows only 5-10% usage.

I'm not sure what triggers it or makes it stop.

Why does a disabled app still build up a cache and user data? Kinda makes me worried what android is allowing apps to do, even disabled ones.
    11-19-19 01:07 AM