Of course it is. BlackBerry made a deal with TCL for the apps, and TCL priced them into the price of their own phones. BlackBerry got nothing from you from that exchange. If you now want to use the apps on another phone, then you need to pay BlackBerry for their work - not TCL.

So we're changing the topic to TCL? Ok.

First, they never promised anything for the KEY² and KEY² LE, as they probably knew at launch time that things could go either way.

Second, if you are unhappy with TCL, then don't buy any more of their products in the future.
    But last year you said to wait for an upgrade for Key2 from what I remember, and you even said that if you don't see it until September, you will have to worry, and now you say that they didn't say anything, so where did the previous information say that you said to wait?
    the_boon likes this.
    03-09-20 12:33 PM
    Didn't even the Stupid Dtek phones get two full years of security updates?

Hard to believe that the KEY2 would get even less.

It means it would have been the least supported DroidBerry ever...

Oh wait, no that would be the LE, because it came out after the 2 and yet also stopped getting patches after December.
    The difference with all of the prior models to the KEY²/LE was that there was a future business to maintain.
    03-09-20 12:33 PM
    But last year you said to wait for an upgrade for Key2 from what I remember, and you even said that if you don't see it until September, you will have to worry, and now you say that they didn't say anything, so where did the previous information say that you said to wait?
    My previous suggestion to not panic until Sep was based on the timeline established by the KEYᵒⁿᵉ - not on an official commitment published by TCL.
    03-09-20 12:35 PM
    We all inferred a lot of things, for sure (quite reasonably). But as far as length of updates and letter upgrade commitments - crickets.
    It would be enough for me to block a pop-up window in the Blackberry Hub, i.e. upcoming events, which brings me to my shoemaker's passion
    03-09-20 12:45 PM
    In 2010-2012 range, I purchased my last two BBOS devices with the understanding that BlackBerry was failing according to AT&T store reps. I didn’t care because if they failed and didn’t function anymore, then AT&T would have to give me something else.

I waited for AT&T BB10 hardware into 2013 knowing it was a year delayed and was epic failure. In 2013, BlackBerry Limited, was living with the Grim Reaper as hospice provider. Anything purchased from that point was purchased with expected carrier replacement or BlackBerry operational risk and cheap price. TCL and BBMo in no practical or credible way, changed that expectation.

For 7-9 years, that been reality of purchasing and supporting BlackBerry Limited and BlackBerry Mobile as operating entities. It’s really that way concerning all companies but with BlackBerry, eyes wide open for years now.
    03-09-20 01:22 PM
    I don't think you get what i mean.

You get them free because you bought a BB device right?
    If i use my titan, and still have my BB device as a backup, i still have bought a BB device and the apps should be free right? So why do i have to pay again for the apps when i already did that with buying a BB device?

I think as long as you signed in with a BB device, the apps should be free for your other devices too, be it a tablet, another phone or what else. Or at least for up to 3 devices.
    Microsoft office does it too to have an uniform ecosystem. It will be annoying to always have different apps to use when you use multiple devices
    Yes When BlackBerry licensed the phone to TCL part of the deal was HUB and alike. Not on a stand alone Android you have to pay a monthly fee, I will tell you it works great and tech support is first rate.
    03-09-20 04:29 PM
    Surprisingly, it wasn't.

The only thing ever discovered in this regard (and I posted it), was a slide from an early insider event that went up briefly, but then disappeared forever.
    Did TCL actually state what they would deliver in writing when they released the Key2?
    03-09-20 06:02 PM
    Did TCL actually state what they would deliver in writing when they released the Key2?
    They said nothing at all.
    Grungni likes this.
    03-09-20 06:27 PM
    I had a Titan for a few days before selling it prior to purchasing my Red KEY2. I restored from a google backup and all of my BB apps functioned perfectly including the hub, keyboard, etc.
    Hey. I purchased the BB App Suits for my Titan but Hub+ Inbox is not syncing. It shows only emails and don't show any other app messages like call long, SMS etc.

Any guidance can you give me for this?
    03-10-20 12:39 AM
    So, borrow someone's BBMo device for 5 minutes, add your own Google account to the phone, and then get free access to those apps for all time?

It's the device that gets the free software - not the Google account.
    There aren't enough blackberry users to do that lol.

And also i have said that you need to be signed in, not just one time logging in. So they can check your license periodically
    03-10-20 12:58 AM

Hey. I purchased the BB App Suits for my Titan but Hub+ Inbox is not syncing. It shows only emails and don't show any other app messages like call long, SMS etc.

03-10-20 01:21 AM
    don't understand why people are switching to titan. The key2 is definitely better allaround. I recently switched to OnePlus 6t because I want to test and I want to have a plan b if there's no key3
    I don't understand why people switched to the Titan also since the Passport and it's intelligent keyboard has it outclassed and unGoogled

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    03-10-20 07:19 AM

I never downloaded it, it restored automatically from a backup with all accounts intact. Did you try the account settings in the hub? SMS and call logs don't work great even on BB devices right now due to google changing some things a few months back.
    03-10-20 07:43 AM
    I don't understand why people switched to the Titan also since the Passport and it's intelligent keyboard has it outclassed and unGoogled

You don't understand why someone wouldn't want to use a outdated, 6 year old device? Don't get me wrong, BB10 is my favorite OS of all time and the Passport is my favorite device, but it is basically unusable now outside of basics.
    03-10-20 07:44 AM
    In that case they have done quite well then given how much money they must have lost... The hardware was great just a shame there wasn't enough demand... For me TCL captured the look and feel of Blackberry devices very well and I am grateful for their efforts... My KeyOne BE is a joy to use... I have a slab type phone but my KeyOne is my daily driver...
    bibbula likes this.
    03-10-20 11:49 AM
    Just installed Keyboard File from Google Play Store on my Oneplus 3T and it looks and feels just like the BB10 file manager. Here is the link to try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.keyboardfile

03-13-20 10:28 PM
    And it has dark mode Unihertz Titan and BlackBerry applications.-screenshot_20200314-103849.jpeg
    03-14-20 03:27 PM
    Can you get somewhere about the Hub app version where sms and phone calls came to Hub ???
    03-20-20 12:47 PM
    Can you get somewhere about the Hub app version where sms and phone calls came to Hub ???
    Sure. But it's ancient, and likely has security holes. You also need to downgrade to an insecure version of WebView.
    03-20-20 03:29 PM
    Sure. But it's ancient, and likely has security holes. You also need to downgrade to an insecure version of WebView.
    Yes, but what Hub version do you need to download for sms and phone calls?
    03-20-20 04:08 PM
    Yes, but what Hub version do you need to download for sms and phone calls?
    So the heck with the security issues?
    03-20-20 04:12 PM
    So the heck with the security issues?
    As I wrote, I have security on Iphone and this is my phone for sensitive tasks after I got rid of the dead Key2. And you said that Unihertz Titan is not a very secure phone, so why use secure applications on a dangerous phone?

So read with understanding and don't look for the bottom
    03-20-20 04:18 PM
    As I wrote, I have security on Iphone and this is my phone for sensitive tasks after I got rid of the dead Key2. And you said that Unihertz Titan is not a very secure phone, so why use secure applications on a dangerous phone?
    Go on apkmirror and download the whole app suite (services, inbox, calendar, contacts) with the version just prior to v2.

You will then have to find an old version of Chrome from the same time to use as your WebView implementation.
    03-20-20 04:22 PM
    Go on apkmirror and download the whole app suite (services, inbox, calendar, contacts) with the version just prior to v2.

You will then have to find an old version of Chrome from the same time to use as your WebView implementation.
    Since the address bar has returned to the top again, I don't use Chrome anymore because I don't like someone imposing what is best for me, so I only use Kiwi Browser, I set the address bar at the bottom, as it was in the BB10 browser.

And what does chrome need in a hub? will it not work without it?
    03-20-20 04:31 PM
    Since the address bar has returned to the top again, I don't use Chrome anymore because I don't like someone imposing what is best for me, so I only use Kiwi Browser, I set the address bar at the bottom, as it was in the BB10 browser.

And what does chrome need in a hub? will it not work without it?
    You don't have to use Chrome as a browser, but it has a WebView implementation that the HUB requires.
    03-20-20 04:36 PM
201 12345 ...