I had a Titan for a few days before selling it prior to purchasing my Red KEY2. I restored from a google backup and all of my BB apps functioned perfectly including the hub, keyboard, etc.
    03-09-20 07:56 AM
    don't understand why people are switching to titan. The key2 is definitely better allaround. I recently switched to OnePlus 6t because I want to test and I want to have a plan b if there's no key3
    03-09-20 09:08 AM
    don't understand why people are switching to titan. The key2 is definitely better allaround. I recently switched to OnePlus 6t because I want to test and I want to have a plan b if there's no key3
    If one is only looking at keyboard options, then I guess the Titan checks that box quite more than a slab.

However, the Titan's keyboard is tiring to type on, the springs are pretty stiff (especially the spacebar) and key travel is lacking.
    The overall weight of the device doesn't help.

It's an interesting for sure (Because everything else is bland looking piece of glass) but I wouldn't make it my daily
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    03-09-20 09:14 AM
    Not sure people are switching to Titan in numbers, however the Key2 is a hard sell at the moment... I have a KeyOne which is still working and bought a Titan for £265 on preorder to try it out and maybe ultimately use it as my daily driver (not arrived yet)... Can't bring myself to pay £519 for a Key2 when it runs the same operating system as my KeyOne BE... Undoubtedly it will be faster and have a better camera and keyboard, but I am happy with the performance and keyboard on my KeyOne...
    moosbb and TheBond like this.
    03-09-20 09:32 AM
    This thread sounds like a thinly veiled attempt to ask how one can pirate Blackberry Applications. Because installing them from the Playstore is literally the same as on any other device. If your asking about how to transfer your licence from a Blackberry device to a non-Blackberry device, then you can't. Your licence is tied to the Blackberry device you purchased.
    03-09-20 09:39 AM
    Still providing a product which they want to get paid for. They’re not getting paid any other way.
    Yes, I can even pay $ 5 for the Blackberry application package, but I need to know that these applications are still being developed, as they are no longer developed, it makes no sense to pay only for being on Google Play.
    03-09-20 11:24 AM
    I personally can care less about pretty much all BB apps, they offer nothing over Google's or other competitors. Some users have even lost all of their notes/memos because the BB Notes app decided to beserk.

Now I understand that acquiring BB's apps through cobalt can be seen as piracy therefore it would be stealing from BB Ltd.

But, has BB Ltd been fully honest with their customers too?

The flagship $799 Priv only got one OS upgrade to Android 6, and no Nougat (especially when it should have launched with Marshmallow in the first place)
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    03-09-20 11:31 AM
    Yes, I can even pay $ 5 for the Blackberry application package, but I need to know that these applications are still being developed, as they are no longer developed, it makes no sense to pay only for being on Google Play.
    Why? Just cancel the subscription the day you decide it isn't working for you anymore.
    03-09-20 11:36 AM
    I personally can care less about pretty much all BB apps, they offer nothing over Google's or other competitors. Some users have even lost all of their notes/memos because the BB Notes app decided to beserk.

Now I understand that acquiring BB's apps through cobalt can be seen as piracy therefore it would be stealing from BB Ltd.

The flagship $799 Priv only got one OS upgrade to Android 6, and no Nougat (especially when it should have launched with Marshmallow in the first place)
    So you CAN care less? (pet peeve)

Taking paid apps for free isn't "seen" as theft, it IS theft. Period.

Personally I still prefer the BlackBerry Launcher and the inbox email client - but I could easily survive without either.
    03-09-20 11:36 AM

You need to know better whether applications have also been abandoned, if so you really should not pay only Cobalt and have all this Blackberry LTD where the sun does not reach.
    03-09-20 11:38 AM
    Taking paid apps for free isn't "seen" as theft, it IS theft. Period.

Personally I still prefer the BlackBerry Launcher and the inbox email client - but I could easily survive without either.
    You left out the part where BB Ltd left Priv owners hanging...

Either way, their apps aren't worth much.

But hey, I guess in 2020, BB Ltd still has something to sell to consumers...
    But having Notes apps that randomly erase all your data because they feel like it doesn't inspire confidence.
    03-09-20 11:47 AM

I don’t ever think it’s ok to steal or at least own it and just admit ok to steal.
    03-09-20 11:52 AM
    You left out the part where BB Ltd left Priv owners hanging...

Either way, their apps aren't worth much.

But hey, I guess in 2020, BB Ltd still has something to sell to consumers...
    But having Notes apps that randomly erase all your data because they feel like it doesn't inspire confidence.
    Not being satisfied with the product still doesn't justify theft. However, I question the satisfaction part if one decides to pirate it and use it anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As far as the Priv was concerned, Marshmallow just wasn't ready at the time of launch. That was when all of the initial hardening work was developed.

But, despite that, BlackBerry promised 24 months of patches and one letter upgrade - and they delivered.
    03-09-20 11:52 AM
    Not being satisfied with the product still doesn't justify theft. However, I question the satisfaction part if one decides to pirate it and use it anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If someone purchased one or several BB devices straight from BB and TCL (such as say, a Priv, a KEYone and a KEY2) is it really considered "theft" if they cobalt them on say one Pixel or one Samsung phone?
    I mean they have those apps simultaneously on their BB phone.

But, despite that, BlackBerry promised 24 months of patches and one letter upgrade - and they delivered.
    Something TCL failed at miserably with the KEY2/LE.
    03-09-20 11:59 AM
    If someone purchased one or several BB devices straight from BB and TCL (such as say, a Priv, a KEYone and a KEY2) is it really considered "theft" if they cobalt them on say one Pixel or one Samsung phone?
    Of course it is. BlackBerry made a deal with TCL for the apps, and TCL priced them into the price of their own phones. BlackBerry got nothing from you from that exchange. If you now want to use the apps on another phone, then you need to pay BlackBerry for their work - not TCL.

Something TCL failed at miserably with the KEY2/LE.
    So we're changing the topic to TCL? Ok.

First, they never promised anything for the KEY² and KEY² LE, as they probably knew at launch time that things could go either way.

Second, if you are unhappy with TCL, then don't buy any more of their products in the future.
    03-09-20 12:08 PM
    First, they never promised anything for the KEY² and KEY² LE, as they probably knew at launch time that things could go either way.
    I'm pretty sure it was in writing somewhere that the KEY2 would get the Pie update.

Second, if you are unhappy with TCL, then don't buy any more of their products in the future.
    Well that goes without saying, because nothing with a QWERTY seems to be on the Horizon from that company now.
    03-09-20 12:19 PM
    Of course it is. BlackBerry made a deal with TCL for the apps, and TCL priced them into the price of their own phones. BlackBerry got nothing from you from that exchange. If you now want to use the apps on another phone, then you need to pay BlackBerry for their work - not TCL.
    You have to ask the question whether these applications are still being developed or have been abandoned like Key2?
    03-09-20 12:20 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was in writing somewhere that the KEY2 would get the Pie update.
    Surprisingly, it wasn't.

The only thing ever discovered in this regard (and I posted it), was a slide from an early insider event that went up briefly, but then disappeared forever.
    03-09-20 12:21 PM
    You have to ask the question whether these applications are still being developed or have been abandoned like Key2?
    As I asked earlier, why?

Use them for as long as you want to, and then cancel the subscription the day you wish to move to something else.
    03-09-20 12:22 PM
    Surprisingly, it wasn't.

The only thing ever discovered in this regard (and I posted it), was a slide from an early event that went up briefly, but then disappeared forever.
    So it was a random TCL employee that typed it up? Lol

Also, I'm fairly sure that when promoting the KEY2, they claimed something along the lines of "industry leading updates" but I don't see what's industry leading about a year and a half of updates and no OS upgrade on a $650 device.
    03-09-20 12:24 PM
    So it was a random TCL employee that typed it up? Lol

Also, I'm fairly sure that when promoting the KEY2, they claimed something along the lines of "industry leading updates" but I don't see what's industry leading about a year and a half of updates and no OS upgrade on a $650 device.
    We all inferred a lot of things, for sure (quite reasonably). But as far as length of updates and letter upgrade commitments - crickets.
    03-09-20 12:25 PM
    As I asked earlier, why?

Use them for as long as you want to, and then cancel the subscription the day you wish to move to something else.
    I asked a simple question are these Blackberry applications still being developed or abandoned like Key2?
    03-09-20 12:27 PM
    I asked a simple question are these Blackberry applications still being developed or abandoned like Key2?
    I said last summer that I wouldn't assume the KEY² wouldn't get Pie until Sep went by without it - at which point I was vocal that the licencing relationship was likely over.

Obviously we all had our concerns well before that - and some were actually prepared to put the final nail in the coffin before I felt comfortable doing so.
    03-09-20 12:28 PM
    We don't know for sure, but we haven't seen an update in over 3 months. I would guess that it's over. Of course, that doesn't mean that it won't continue to work as designed for a long time to come.
    03-09-20 12:29 PM
    We all inferred a lot of things, for sure (quite reasonably). But as far as length of updates and letter upgrade commitments - crickets.
    Didn't even the Stupid Dtek phones get two full years of security updates?

Hard to believe that the KEY2 would get even less.

It means it would have been the least supported DroidBerry ever...

Oh wait, no that would be the LE, because it came out after the 2 and yet also stopped getting patches after December.
    Chernobyl likes this.
    03-09-20 12:31 PM
201 1234 ...