So in your opinion, outside of the keyboard being improved did TCL really make improvements that warrant a higher price than what they charged for the KEYone? Because all reports seem to indicate that the camera is worse, the battery life is a little worse, and the build quality is not as high end as the KEYone. The speaker isn’t better, screen isn’t better either.

Outside of anecdotal “Oh call quality is so much better” nonsense what is the rational behind the higher price if they actually took a step back in some areas.
    I think build quality is better, it has a 660 instead of the 630 (new version of the 625), and it has more memory. The dual camera is much better, and software updates will show that. Definitely worth $100 extra.
    anon(10429275) and TCM01 like this.
    07-14-18 05:31 PM
    Is this a new way of typing sentences?
    It was probably written quickly and also maybe on his mobile. Either way, as a BB user of over 15 years. I agree completely with what he said.

**edit** I just watched the video & what he said is perfectly reasonable about the price, camera and everything else. The phone is just too damn expensive. There are so many better options for everybody who doesn't need a PKB. On top of that, I think there are many benefits to a VKB over a PKB. I just prefer typing on a physical keyboard.
    Mecca EL and melhiore like this.
    07-14-18 05:40 PM
    It hurts but it’s the truth.
    07-14-18 06:12 PM
    I can't stand to look at this guy. Looks like the typical dooshwash on the internet and on the streets.

Review integrity not withstanding. Shallow of me I know. Just something about him repulses me.
    anon(10429275), the_boon and Qorax like this.
    07-14-18 06:21 PM
    It was probably written quickly and also maybe on his mobile. Either way, as a BB user of over 15 years. I agree completely with what he said.

**edit** I just watched the video & what he said is perfectly reasonable about the price, camera and everything else. The phone is just too damn expensive. There are so many better options for everybody who doesn't need a PKB. On top of that, I think there are many benefits to a VKB over a PKB. I just prefer typing on a physical keyboard.
    Right the phone is for people who prefer pkb. I bet this review would have been the exact same if the phone was $400.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-14-18 06:33 PM
    Sure, but are there enough of us?

The KEY² will be a good test of the higher end price sensitivity.
    I'm pretty sure the KEYone already answered that test lol.
    07-14-18 06:48 PM
    They don't have a choice.

Their entire overhead has to be distributed over only 1-2 million devices a year.

Their component prices are high, as they are rather unique, and they get no quantity discounts. They have support, distribution, and sales infrastructure in over 50 markets around the world.

But you are correct in the sense that if the physical keyboard (and the added security) isn't a massive factor for you, then it would seem ludicrous when compared to a OnePlus 6 or something.
    Well - I don't mind the speakers sound or the subpar video watching experience, but the stuff pointed out in other reviews with rattling of the vibration motor, notification panel delays, dim screen, Bluetooth connectivity bugs - that's not acceptable to me, not for this price.

That stuff was present in the PRIV and back then I gave them a pass since it was their first launch into android.

They really gotta get their OS polished better.
    07-14-18 06:52 PM
    You can't expect anything less from slab lovers.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-14-18 06:57 PM
    Then who is allowed to review BlackBerry phones? Are only those who love and long for a pkb allowed to review it? Can BlackBerry not sway people away from a glass slab? Why is someone who reviews all kinds of Android phones from all corners of the globe not allowed to give an opinion on a phone without being seen as biased? He didn't say he picked up the phone, hated the keyboard, and put it down. He talked about hoping he'd like the keyboard, but didn't.

He also discussed the poor camera, and the tinny mono speaker as well. Speaking of mono speakers, in the BB10 heyday all people did was harp on how great the stereo speakers of the Z30 and Passport were and how essential they were.

And I don't want to hear a single person talk about YouTube in here being unimportant. One of the go to fanboy comments for BB10 was that you could listen to Youtube in the background while multitasking on the phones (which was incorrect but whatever). But now YouTube is childish and not for the productive individual. Give me a break.

Is TCL's mission to convert just KEYone users to the KEYtwo? How are they planning on winning people over to the pkb? Can a glass slab user who's never typed or hasn't typed on a pkb in a long time not pick up the phone and be wow'd by the almighty pkb on the KEYtwo?
    07-14-18 06:57 PM
    I need a phone that makes great phone calls, on which I can type on fairly long e-mails, and has a good calendar..................Every time she's driving and asks me to respond to a text message for her I can't type on the thing. It is horrific.....................So yeah, if you don't have a job and just sit around watching videos and sending emojis all day then a Key2 is not for you. For those of us funding your food stamps, it'll work just fine thank you.
    Absolutely agree. 👍
    07-14-18 07:02 PM
    Then who is allowed to review BlackBerry phones? Are only those who love and long for a pkb allowed to review it? Can BlackBerry not sway people away from a glass slab? Why is someone who reviews all kinds of Android phones from all corners of the globe not allowed to give an opinion on a phone without being seen as biased? He didn't say he picked up the phone, hated the keyboard, and put it down. He talked about hoping he'd like the keyboard, but didn't.

He also discussed the poor camera, and the tinny mono speaker as well. Speaking of mono speakers, in the BB10 heyday all people did was harp on how great the stereo speakers of the Z30 and Passport were and how essential they were.

And I don't want to hear a single person talk about YouTube in here being unimportant. One of the go to fanboy comments for BB10 was that you could listen to Youtube in the background while multitasking on the phones (which was incorrect but whatever). But now YouTube is childish and not for the productive individual. Give me a break.

Is TCL's mission to convert just KEYone users to the KEYtwo? How are they planning on winning people over to the pkb? Can a glass slab user who's never typed or hasn't typed on a pkb in a long time not pick up the phone and be wow'd by the almighty pkb on the KEYtwo?
    It's for the people who kept saying the KEYone was fast and had plenty of enough ram and then when the black 4GB came out suddenly they said it made a difference lol.

Virtually all the reviewers including Mr Mobile who used the KEYone as their daily driver last year, in the KEY2 reviews said the KEYone lagged and got slow to the point where they stopped using it as their daily driver loll.

But yea - I still remember all the people saying the KEYone was as smooth and even faster than the s8 and other comparable flagships loll.
    Fred Wu and donnation like this.
    07-14-18 07:03 PM
    It's for the people who kept saying the KEYone was fast and had plenty of enough ram and then when the black 4GB came out suddenly they said it made a difference lol.

Virtually all the reviewers including Mr Mobile who used the KEYone as their daily driver last year, in the KEY2 reviews said the KEYone lagged and got slow to the point where they stopped using it as their daily driver loll.

But yea - I still remember all the people saying the KEYone was as smooth and even faster than the s8 and other comparable flagships loll.
    Don't forget call quality. It was spectacular on the KeyOne but with the KeyTwo now we're seeing "The call quality is thankfully much better than the KEYOne."

LOL, why I love CrackBerry.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-18 07:07 PM
    some people don't understand that this amazing keyboard cost money. it's very difficult to compare the KEY2 price wise with other phones
    Carjackd, CarGuy1368 and the_boon like this.
    07-14-18 07:08 PM
    Okay well my point about multimedia and videos still stand. On 4.5 inch screen or a 5.5 in screen, it's still a phone you are watching on.
    Agree. The phone primarily uses for quick watching of videos and maybe listening the music, etc., and if you are interested more in that video, than the best thing is to have an bigger tablet and later, in the house or hotel room 😊 you can watch in much convenient way.

Is there anyone who uses 6" or 6,5" virtual keyboard phone on a trip, for a daily job? I believe if the would be honest, they would tell that it's like horror using.
    07-14-18 07:13 PM
    Don't forget call quality. It was spectacular on the KeyOne but with the KeyTwo now we're seeing "The call quality is thankfully much better than the KEYOne."

LOL, why I love CrackBerry.
    I remember some Trusted Ambassador telling us the glossy KEYone keyboard was for your fingers to smoothly scroll. Like a slippery surface much better than the matte finish we had on the Passport.
    07-14-18 07:34 PM
    No need to get our panties in a knot! There were those who said Television was a fad, rock n'roll was a fad, computers were a fad, etc... There were always those who would criticize anything and everything! Just judge for yourself and Enjoy!
    Last edited by Crusader03; 07-14-18 at 10:12 PM.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-14-18 07:41 PM
    Watched the video cuz curiosity got to me. Geez I was right.

Overly dramatic hand slamming dumbed down doosh. How is this guy more popular than Flossy Carter?

Didn't even go over the most important reason for the keyboard (for me at least), which are the programmable shortcuts and the wonders they do for navigating around the Android environment.

I went back to a faster smoother slab with a much better camera than my KEYone for a week. Just hated to switch apps the non-shortcut way.

I'm not happy about the price or the average specs, but I'll get one eventually.
    the_boon and Qorax like this.
    07-14-18 07:47 PM
    I remember some Trusted Ambassador telling us the glossy KEYone keyboard was for your fingers to smoothly scroll. Like a slippery surface much better than the matte finish we had on the Passport.
    Wasn't me.
    07-14-18 08:21 PM
    This guy is complaining that you can't find emoji fast enough. The phone is clearly not targeted toward him or his viewers. Do you want to know how many emoji I have used on my Priv after 270,000 words typed? Only 97, and the majority are the thumbs up emoji. None of my friends use emoji, either. He also has no need for any of the added BlackBerry security features like DTEK and the Privacy Shade.

I agree with him in saying that the phone doesn't have the best camera and the display is small compared to other phones. Most other reviews said this. However, if you need a physical keyboard, then the Key2 is the only phone for you. If you don't need a physical keyboard, there are far better options available.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-14-18 10:00 PM
    That guy is an *****. lewie whatever his name is, from the start was already going into it without the worst mentality possible.
    Actually, he was very open to liking, and wanting to like the phone. That's obvious from both this intro video, and his review video. You clearly didn't watch this one, and then watched 30 seconds of his review.

It would help if you didn't already going into it without the worst mentality possible.

Mecca EL and Mike_WasTaken like this.
    07-14-18 10:01 PM
    Actually, he was very open to liking, and wanting to like the phone. That's obvious from both this intro video, and his review video. You clearly didn't watch this one, and then watched 30 seconds of his review.

It would help if you didn't already going into it without the worst mentality possible.

I watch the whole thing, and i stand by every word i said. Even from the pic he used for both his videos and the opening comment of his first key2 video. He was already setting himself up for death. And did it for the views. It was always going to be a negative, and if you think otherwise , you are just as deluded as he is.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-14-18 10:14 PM
    He's says the Key2 is too expensive but then he turns around to review a $4200 Galaxy S9 phone that's been customized with only an alligator back plate. Just ridiculous if you ask me. I do enjoy watching his videos, usually.

Posted via CB10
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-14-18 10:26 PM
    You guys and gals give me a giggle! It's like World Cup Football, we are team BlackBerry! All other teams and anyone who reviews our team suck! It's just a something! I too love it, but it's still just a thing! Who cares! Enjoy your choice or sell it, give to charity, what ever turns your crank!
    07-14-18 10:37 PM
    He's completely honest. I do think it doesn't worth to trade all those glory specs, camera, screen etc just for the physical keyboard that sometime get lags. I saw some reviewer complaining about the lag while scrolling with the keyboard. Scrolling in different web page has different experience and scrolling in the app has some weird issues. So that's it. You trade all those glories for the pkb. If it worth for you but maybe not for everyone else, so just blame the "everyone else".
    07-14-18 10:50 PM
    It's like a truck being reviewed by a sportscar guy, discussing track performance.

Don't dare ask where the sheet of plywood gets stored.
    Ah this "tool not toy" again
    07-14-18 11:41 PM
340 12345 ...