I don't have a problem with acknowledging that the smartphone I've chosen is different and quite weird. And I perfectly agree with anyone laughing to my K1. It's only my own inability to learn typing on glass, while the vast majority seems to handle it just fine. Seriously, PKB is the only reason why I paid so much money for a smartphone.

Therefore I strongly discourage anybody from buying a BlackBerry. I really think that if you handle typing on a glass well, the overall usability of a full glass smartphone is much better (and you get the same guts for much lower price).

I didn't call anyone like alien or so. But even if I did, yes, we are aliens in the eyes of the VKB users. Do you have problem agreeing that? I definitely not. There is NOTHING personal in this, at least I don't see anything.
    Why do you "strongly discourage" anyone that shows some interest from buying an Android Berry? If they're interested, wouldn't you want to put forward the good things first?
    07-22-18 11:16 AM
    More like going from a 50" TV to a 40" one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-18 03:17 PM
    Why do you "strongly discourage" anyone that shows some interest from buying an Android Berry? If they're interested, wouldn't you want to put forward the good things first?
    Because as he said, the ONLY reason anybody would want this phone is because of the PKB. I own a Key2 & understand it's positive's but BB phones now are ****ty & overpriced. My parents dropped BB are SO happy with their P20 Pro's. Theyre done with a PKB..

As to your previous post about anybody being able to use a PKB Berrydroid. Yes, they can use it just fine. It's not alien but once they realize how ****ty the camera & speakers are, on top of a small screen. They'll ditch the BB phone just like EVERY other smart phone user, which is why BB holds, what .3% market share?
    (This is coming from a lifelong BB user)
    melhiore likes this.
    07-22-18 05:54 PM
    Because as he said, the ONLY reason anybody would want this phone is because of the PKB. I own a Key2 & understand it's positive's but BB phones now are ****ty & overpriced. My parents dropped BB are SO happy with their P20 Pro's. Theyre done with a PKB..

As to your previous post about anybody being able to use a PKB Berrydroid. Yes, they can use it just fine. It's not alien but once they realize how ****ty the camera & speakers are, on top of a small screen. They'll ditch the BB phone just like EVERY other smart phone user, which is why BB holds, what .3% market share?
    (This is coming from a lifelong BB user)
    @the_boon, this is another possible point of view. BlackBerry is nice, but is going to stay a niche product. I don't see any demand for a PKB even in a circle of my friends, who are exposed to my love to BB quite often. All of them bought Apple, Samsung or any other unnamed brand.

It's like old ThinkPad keyboards vs the new ones. Despite the fact that the newer one have crippled layout of keys, people don't seem to really miss the former keyboards.

That's simply how things are and not about being/not being an alien. But as you had started with this, once again, yes, we are the aliens on the market.
    07-23-18 01:41 AM
    @the_boon, this is another possible point of view. BlackBerry is nice, but is going to stay a niche product. I don't see any demand for a PKB even in a circle of my friends, who are exposed to my love to BB quite often. All of them bought Apple, Samsung or any other unnamed brand.

It's like old ThinkPad keyboards vs the new ones. Despite the fact that the newer one have crippled layout of keys, people don't seem to really miss the former keyboards.

That's simply how things are and not about being/not being an alien. But as you had started with this, once again, yes, we are the aliens on the market.
    All they need is convincing as to why it's a better product, something i can easilly do. But they have to be cool with the idea of not fitting in with the crowd. People love going with the trend.
    07-23-18 03:55 AM

I agree. Along the years, I've seen lots of people intrigued and vaguely interested in my bb devices. Some had known a PKB, others not. But none expressed the desire to acquire a similar device. VKBs are just part of their lives. And once you've mentioned the price tag, it's all over.
    07-23-18 04:04 AM
    I agree. Along the years, I've seen lots of people intrigued and vaguely interested in my bb devices. Some had known a PKB, others not. But none expressed the desire to acquire a similar device. VKBs are just part of their lives. And once you've mentioned the price tag, it's all over.
    Hmm.... KEY lite may be the solution?

CNET opened a poll last week asking BB users why they stick to PKB and VKB users why they wouldn't use a BB in 2018.

The biggest reason PKB users stick to BB is the PKB (security a close second) and the biggest reason VKB users don't switch is because "BB's are too expensive"

Unbox Therapy 2 week review-screenshot_20180723-111153.jpg
    797 votes

Unbox Therapy 2 week review-screenshot_20180723-111201.jpg
    814 votes
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-23-18 04:14 AM
    any maker above Walmart burner level could crush BlackBerry Mobile PKB project... the PRE 3 from HP had a MUCH better PKB
    07-23-18 06:31 AM
    any maker above Walmart burner level could crush BlackBerry Mobile PKB project... the PRE 3 from HP had a MUCH better PKB
    And yet the Pre 3 barely saw the light of day. BBMo aren't selling the new PKB android devices on the PKB alone even if it is the primary reason to buy one. And I wouldn't underestimate the strength of brand loyalty.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    07-23-18 06:42 AM
    Seems BlackBerry brand loyalty is more of a Canadian thing. I travel a lot over 2 continents and have NEVER seen a BlackBerry phone other than mine. Counting on repeat customers in such a miniscule diaspora is not a business plan for success.

HP was managed by imbeciles then and NEVER brought Pre 3 to market aside short lived in UK. The OS was GREAT, design and quality were super, nobody bought it, the developers vanished, the OS Wound up in TV sets, they lost their shirt... sound familiar ?
    07-23-18 06:51 AM
    All they need is convincing as to why it's a better product, something i can easilly do. But they have to be cool with the idea of not fitting in with the crowd. People love going with the trend.
    Most still won't follow your convincing because the PKB may be nice, there are so many advantages to a VKB (changing letters for typing in different languages, size customization etc).

On top of that the Key2 is WAY too expensive for what it offers, the camera is terrible. The rest of the world has clearly decided they don't need a PKB anymore & they will take a better camera, more performing phone with a huge screen that a BB.

People love going with a reasonably priced smartphone with water resistance, amazing camera rather than an overpriced PKB phone with an unacceptable camera and speaker for 2018.
    I'm not a "hater" been using BB all my life.
    07-23-18 07:16 AM
    Most still won't follow your convincing because the PKB may be nice, there are so many advantages to a VKB (changing letters for typing in different languages, size customization etc).

On top of that the Key2 is WAY too expensive for what it offers, the camera is terrible. The rest of the world has clearly decided they don't need a PKB anymore & they will take a better camera, more performing phone with a huge screen that a BB.

People love going with a reasonably priced smartphone with water resistance, amazing camera rather than an overpriced PKB phone with an unacceptable camera and speaker for 2018.
    I'm not a "hater" been using BB all my life.
    Most people want one language, and at the end of the day, it's still an imitation keyboard. You don't get same satisfaction and love the physical keyboard gives.

As for the price, it's value for money. firstly the camera for most people will be good. The majority of shots taken will be in well lit areas, so those lower quality low light shots will be less often than usual. And a factor that seems forgotten is build quality. How does a phone feel in the hands, does it feel premium and like a real device of quality, instead of just loading a device and getting straight to the point. From the design of the phone, to the back grip, to the premium materials and keyboard, to the series 7 framing, this phone screams quality. This phone is designed to be held in the hands securely and every button placement and design has been well thought through. Then when you factor the battery size and that it has retained the audio jack, expandable storage, customisation features, software features on top of android, security, for that price point no one can offer the same product.

The audio is good for most people. But anyone serious about audio will be using headphones anyway. At the end of the day, This is the only android with the best keyboard and A1 build quality that will always feel premium to use and hold, does everything any flagship phone can do, but offers more features on top that other flagships don't yet offer.
    Laramie50 and the_boon like this.
    07-23-18 08:54 AM
    Most people want one language, and at the end of the day, it's still an imitation keyboard. You don't get same satisfaction and love the physical keyboard gives.

As for the price, it's value for money. firstly the camera for most people will be good. The majority of shots taken will be in well lit areas, so those lower quality low light shots will be less often than usual. And a factor that seems forgotten is build quality. How does a phone feel in the hands, does it feel premium and like a real device of quality, instead of just loading a device and getting straight to the point. From the design of the phone, to the back grip, to the premium materials and keyboard, to the series 7 framing, this phone screams quality. This phone is designed to be held in the hands securely and every button placement and design has been well thought through. Then when you factor the battery size and that it has retained the audio jack, expandable storage, customisation features, software features on top of android, security, for that price point no one can offer the same product.

The audio is good for most people. But anyone serious about audio will be using headphones anyway. At the end of the day, This is the only android with the best keyboard and A1 build quality that will always feel premium to use and hold, does everything any flagship phone can do, but offers more features on top that other flagships don't yet offer.
    Well put.
    07-23-18 08:59 AM
    The reviewer is completely mad and many who are reviewing the reviewer's review here in thread are also mad!

Read the latest comments under that video where you can see 90% of them are against that review as they are liking key2.

He should consider that intent of releasing key2 device before he started reviewing this. It's quite clear that he has posted that review with complete negative mindset, without having concern or respect of intended customer who buy BlackBerry devices.

For example, the photos taken from Blackberry KEY² in this video are not really good and one should put a lot of effort to take such a low quality pics. He tried his best to defame BlackBerry

In his initial review, he liked the Blackberry KEY². Anyone who is new to BlackBerry will initially hate the device and will start liking it as time progresses. But he is reverse. Hence, it's proved that he posted that review with very negative mindset just to defame BlackBerry brand.
    01-27-19 01:21 AM
    It really is quite simple. For the person who wants a PKB, the Key2 is the best phone in the world.
    01-27-19 03:21 AM
340 ... 121314