07-14-18 11:36 AM
    Just finished watching it....brutal review...

BB Classic Q20 sent via CB 10
    07-14-18 11:46 AM
    Did you really expect any different?
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-14-18 11:47 AM
    Did you really expect any different?
    Well he is looking at the phone from a multi media user...so yeah no surprise...at the same time in this day and age can you really blame him as 99% of consumer will be doing exactly the same thing and with competition providing better hardware specs on paper and a better over all performance / features it should come as no surprise....if all you want is a physical keyboard and keyboard shortcuts.....knock yourself out!

07-14-18 11:56 AM
    Wait till you read the comments, brutal... From reading them you would think blackberry was still making bb10 phones
    07-14-18 11:57 AM
    brutal and honest. this should have had a bigger screen and better processor and top camera.
    07-14-18 11:59 AM
    I couldn't sit through it all. The big waving hands grated on me. His voice grated on me. The abundance of so much grey in such a small space grated on me. I feel like a pile of grated cheese. I'm off to melt myself back together.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    07-14-18 12:00 PM
    It's like a truck being reviewed by a sportscar guy, discussing track performance.

Don't dare ask where the sheet of plywood gets stored.
    07-14-18 12:02 PM
    It's like a truck being reviewed by a sportscar guy, discussing track performance.
    Absolutely

07-14-18 12:04 PM
    If Lew is anything, he's honest.
    melhiore, Mecca EL and Tsepz_GP like this.
    07-14-18 12:14 PM
    Oh shiiiiiizzzz, saw the title and died a little on the inside.

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    07-14-18 12:20 PM
    Brutal review but understandable. But at least he gave it a shot. Lew always complains about the lack of variety in phones but completely ignored the KeyOne. So at least he didn't ignore the K2

His channel is so big that at least it gave some exposure to BlackBerry. Many still think BB went out of business a long time ago. And he did say he didn't hate it and he probably didn't recommend it because of the insane price-tag. If it was more reasonable, I think he might have been a bit less critical.

But it is what it is, hopefully BB can improve this line of phones with each future iteration. They already made great progress from the K1 to K2...keep improving it. Eventually the form-factor will catch on again.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-14-18 12:22 PM
    If Lew is anything, he's honest.
    Biased sure.
    07-14-18 12:27 PM
    Biased sure.
    Couldn’t disagree more. He gave the device a shot, which is something he definitely didn’t have to do. The complaints he has are the complaints that are rampant from users on here.
    07-14-18 12:29 PM
    Couldn’t disagree more. He gave the device a shot, which is something he definitely didn’t have to do. The complaints he has are the complaints that are rampant from users on here.
    Any user on here who is complaining about screen size for example shouldn't have bought the device. I don't feel sorry for them. His keyboard complaints are also way off base. Just because he doesn't know how to use it or didn't learn, doesn't make it bad. I could have told you this was going to be his exact review the moment he stated he would put his Sim in it and use it for 2 weeks. Nothing surprising about it.
    TCM01 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    07-14-18 12:32 PM
    Refreshing honesty. hopefully they can get it right next year.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    07-14-18 12:33 PM
    Brutal but it is his honest review.. We've all got our take on what we think about the phone. Ultimately it's an opinion. I've read pretty much every Key2 website, blog and YouTube review when initially considering purchasing it and after having purchased it. At the end of it all I still rock a Key2 as my phone of choice. I would always recommend trying a handset regardless of which brand it is if you can. Unfortunately for the Key2 there isn't enough physical exposure and the units I have seen are dummies so can't always try it for yourself. I wouldn't be disheartened by all the reviews. The phone is evolving and hopefully the next iteration will address most of these concerns .
    krazyatom and Mecca EL like this.
    07-14-18 12:39 PM
    Refreshing honesty. hopefully they can get it right next year.
    Screen is 4.5" and it has a physical keyboard. No debate there. He just happens to hate those things. Kinda makes the whole thing a non-starter.
    07-14-18 12:41 PM
    Screen is 4.5" and it has a physical keyboard. No debate there. He just happens to hate those things. Kinda makes the whole thing a non-starter.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-14-18 12:48 PM
    Nice that at least he tried it but I didn't expect he was going to make the K2 his daily forever.

Let's hope a few of the camera issues will get resolved with a software update.
    07-14-18 01:02 PM
    @zer0ten, this form-factor is not going to win over anyone that doesn't already have a penchant for physical keyboards.

The best BlackBerry Mobile will ever do is to tap into the former keyboard users and maybe come away with 10% of them.

That would be about 8 million people - replacing devices about every 2 years or so.
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-14-18 01:05 PM
    Brutally honest. This review is one that BlackBerry should take into consideration.
    Enterprise users (for the most part) want the same thing as other users.
    As painful as it was to listen to this review. It could be helpful to BlackBerry, going forward.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and spantch101 like this.
    07-14-18 01:08 PM
    Brutally honest. This review is one that BlackBerry should take into consideration.
    Enterprise users (for the most part) want the same thing as other users.
    As painful as it was to listen to this review. It could be helpful to BlackBerry, going forward.

Posted via CB10
    What do you suggest?

He thinks a keyboard in 2018 is stupid. Where do you go from there?

Would TCL be better to put in an 845, a high-end camera, and high-end stereo speakers, and then be forced to sell it at $799 or higher?

Or do all that AND ditch the keyboard? Don't we already have plenty of those?
    07-14-18 01:22 PM
    What’s comical is that if his review was good, people would proclaim it as Gospel and post it dozens of times in here.

Bad review = biased.

A good phone is a good phone. If he liked the KEYTwo he would have adapted to the keyboard. The problem is that it has too many other shortcomings and because of that he doesn’t want to attempt to learn to type on a pkb again. It’s not like he started using it and all of the sudden realized that it had a pkb. He knew what he was in for but the phone fell short in too many other areas for him to recommend it.
    07-14-18 01:35 PM
    What’s comical is that if his review was good, people would proclaim it as Gospel and post it dozens of times in here.

Bad review = biased.

A good phone is a good phone. If he liked the KEYTwo he would have adapted to the keyboard. The problem is that it has too many other shortcomings and because of that he doesn’t want to attempt to learn to type on a pkb again. It’s not like he started using it and all of the sudden realized that it had a pkb. He knew what he was in for but the phone fell short in too many other areas for him to recommend it.
    It can't be the phone he wants unless he is prepared to pay north of $800 - which he also strongly implied would be too expensive. So, there we are.

The methodology for TCL is as follows:

1) Include an uncompromising, best possible physical keyboard experience.

2) Decide what price point above which would not likely get traction.

3) Pack in the best of the balance of components that they can at that price point.

If someone doesn't fully buy-in to step 1, it's over. Period.

There is no magic here. They have done the best they can at $649.
    07-14-18 01:49 PM
340 123 ...