I've been given a Key2 as a work phone and have been using for the last two weeks. I didn't want to shell out myself for the upgrade from Key1 as for me the upgrade is reasonably incremental. Thoughts so far;

Good
    - Camera is better in good light. Focuses faster.
    - OS is faster. I didn't think I would notice a difference between Key1 to Key2 but there is. Very smooth.
    - Scrolling DOWN on the capacitative keyboard is better that Key1. Not so much up or side to side.
    - I like being able to turn down the keyboard brightness at night.
    - The unit is noticeably thinner. I'm not bothered either way but makes a difference with a case on.
    - Battery is good. Almost two solid days of moderate use (emails, calls, browsing and other apps like Garmin / Android Auto / Fitness pal.
    - Glass screen protector (Newzerol) and clear gel case from TopACE both from Amazon working well (I'd really like an official BB soft case if they ever release one though as it will likely be thinner).

Average
    - Screen is noticeably dimmer. It doesn't bother me much because I set it low anyway, but now have to turn it up on the Key2 (with or without adaptive brightness).
    - Keyboard while bigger than Key1 and easier to type on, feels a little less premium. I don't have the space issue.
    - Speed key; only use it for one or two apps. Meh! Currency for CTRL works fine and word substitution for £.

Not good
    - Recently I've been getting 'low memory' warnings. Any ideas why? I still clear recent apps (even though I shouldn't have to with Oreo), and every few days have <1gb memory clear and a warning which seems really unusual; I don't use memory intensive apps or games. No facebook or anything like that.
    - Any idea in hub how I can get notification light for emails but not sound? At the moment I have the default sound and it's bugging me - I want to know when I've got mail but work in a reasonably quiet office and don't want the audible tone to go with it. I don't seem to be able to select no tone.

Overall glad I've moved up to Key2, but truthfully had no issues with the Key1. If I can just iron out the last two issues I can see keeping this phone for a good few years. Input appreciated!

Also looking forward to the day the battery saver doesn't have that ugly red bar!!
    10-11-18 03:21 AM
    The low memory warning is supposedly a software bug within the Power Centre app. You can ignore or easily switch off this notification until they fix it.
    10-11-18 05:48 AM
    great review thanks for sharing.
    10-11-18 05:56 AM
    idk if this is what you mean however under the email settings there's a edit notifications option. if you select low it will give you no sounds and no interruption and there are settings below that that mention still blinking the light.
    10-11-18 05:59 AM
    I've been given a Key2 as a work phone and have been using for the last two weeks. I didn't want to shell out myself for the upgrade from Key1 as for me the upgrade is reasonably incremental. Thoughts so far;

Good
    - OS is faster. I didn't think I would notice a difference between Key1 to Key2 but there is. Very smooth.
    - Scrolling DOWN on the capacitative keyboard is better that Key1. Not so much up or side to side.
    - The unit is noticeably thinner. I'm not bothered either way but makes a difference with a case on.
    - Battery is good. Almost two solid days of moderate use (emails, calls, browsing and other apps like Garmin / Android Auto / Fitness pal.
    - Glass screen protector (Newzerol) and clear gel case from TopACE both from Amazon working well (I'd really like an official BB soft case if they ever release one though as it will likely be thinner).

Average
    - Screen is noticeably dimmer. It doesn't bother me much because I set it low anyway, but now have to turn it up on the Key2 (with or without adaptive brightness).
    - Keyboard while bigger than Key1 and easier to type on, feels a little less premium. I don't have the space issue.
    - Speed key; only use it for one or two apps. Meh! Currency for CTRL works fine and word substitution for £.

Not good
    - Recently I've been getting 'low memory' warnings. Any ideas why? I still clear recent apps (even though I shouldn't have to with Oreo), and every few days have <1gb memory clear and a warning which seems really unusual; I don't use memory intensive apps or games. No facebook or anything like that.
    - Any idea in hub how I can get notification light for emails but not sound? At the moment I have the default sound and it's bugging me - I want to know when I've got mail but work in a reasonably quiet office and don't want the audible tone to go with it. I don't seem to be able to select no tone.

Overall glad I've moved up to Key2, but truthfully had no issues with the Key1. If I can just iron out the last two issues I can see keeping this phone for a good few years. Input appreciated!

Also looking forward to the day the battery saver doesn't have that ugly red bar!!
    Nice quick overview.

Oh and to your last point about the red status bar in power saving mode, I also can't wait till that horrible thing is gone.

The good news ? Android Pie removes in, you get a permanent notification instead, which is much less intrusive (to me).
    10-11-18 07:34 AM

Good

Average

Not good

For the email problem you can try installing another email app not to use but to trigger the notification the way you want. So yes you will have an additional app congregating emails that you may not actually open and use but you will be able to configure a separate notification the way you want.

If the app you use like Outlook for example does not have the settings you need or like you can try also Liight Flow to add more customization to the mix.

Good luck
    10-11-18 10:26 AM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I tried all sorts bar factory reset. What has worked in the end is downloading a second of silence mp3 and setting the notification for emails to that so I still get the LED...
    webmeister likes this.
    10-11-18 04:45 PM
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I tried all sorts bar factory reset. What has worked in the end is downloading a second of silence mp3 and setting the notification for emails to that so I still get the LED...
    Clever!
    10-11-18 08:39 PM
    I never really had this problem. For my Hub, one of the ringtones available is "none" , so I correctly get the lights / no sound setup.
    10-11-18 09:11 PM
    I never really had this problem. For my Hub, one of the ringtones available is "none" , so I correctly get the lights / no sound setup.
    That wasn't an option for me unfortunately and for the life of my I couldn't find the default file path! Ah well.

Just the memory issue to sort now and I'll be a happy man...
    10-12-18 05:18 AM