Hello

I have two Key2 devices and one is acting weird. Apparently they are the same model (BBF100-2) and both run Android 8.1.0.

I synced my date to my new Key2 from my Google backup and everything went well. I was surprised to see that apps which were not working on my older device were now working on my new Key2. So I thought I should try a factory reset on my older device to see if it could fix the issue.

First, it didn't fix the issue. But I also found out that the device was not able to sync perfectly with it's own backup. The layout for exemple was ''factory'' like, while the new device kept the customizations I had made on my homescreen, etc.

I tried to sync my older device in different way to see if this could be fixed but it didn't work. And something weird kept happening after I picked a backup to restore : the phone was rebooting quickly and then coming back to the syncing window, asking me to continue.

Two last, I realised two things were different with the two device. First, the older device on first startup shows me a ''Device Log Collection'' that allows ''Shareable with Third Party Partner'' and gives me the ''ability to trigger a ''Bug report''. Second, when I go in configuration Display, the new device allows me to change Keyboard brightness and Navigation button brightness, as the older one doesn't have it.

So is there a different software on both devices? Is there a way to fix that?
    Attached Thumbnails two Key2 devices, same but different, issues with one-device-log-collection.jpg   two Key2 devices, same but different, issues with one-raw-memory-capture.jpg   two Key2 devices, same but different, issues with one-brightness.jpg  
    10-19-22 10:47 AM
    Hello

I have two Key2 devices and one is acting weird. Apparently they are the same model (BBF100-2) and both run Android 8.1.0.

I synced my date to my new Key2 from my Google backup and everything went well. I was surprised to see that apps which were not working on my older device were now working on my new Key2. So I thought I should try a factory reset on my older device to see if it could fix the issue.

First, it didn't fix the issue. But I also found out that the device was not able to sync perfectly with it's own backup. The layout for exemple was ''factory'' like, while the new device kept the customizations I had made on my homescreen, etc.

I tried to sync my older device in different way to see if this could be fixed but it didn't work. And something weird kept happening after I picked a backup to restore : the phone was rebooting quickly and then coming back to the syncing window, asking me to continue.

Two last, I realised two things were different with the two device. First, the older device on first startup shows me a ''Device Log Collection'' that allows ''Shareable with Third Party Partner'' and gives me the ''ability to trigger a ''Bug report''. Second, when I go in configuration Display, the new device allows me to change Keyboard brightness and Navigation button brightness, as the older one doesn't have it.

So is there a different software on both devices? Is there a way to fix that?
    Which specific software build are on each unit?

It should read something like ACW142.
    10-19-22 10:55 AM
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't know about these.

AAW876 on the old one.

ACW142 on the new one.

Is it possible to change that?
    10-19-22 10:58 AM
    Thanks for your reply, I didn't know about these.

AAW876 on the old one.

ACW142 on the new one.

Is it possible to change that?
    There you go. The old one is on pre-release software!

You can run the recent autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...patch-1191609/
    10-19-22 11:17 AM
    Sorry to ask that, but how do i run the autoloader? I didn't find instructions for it. I am using a Mac.
    10-19-22 11:50 AM
    Sorry to ask that, but how do i run the autoloader? I didn't find instructions for it. I am using a Mac.
    You have to use a PC.

Download autoloader and unzip to your computer, get your phone to the bootloader screen, connect with USB, and then run flashall.bat.

Install the USB drivers on your PC first:

https://mega.nz/file/YVI0VKpR#38iPAM...Q2t1X-Ro2M82WI
    10-19-22 12:06 PM
    I tried to download USB drivers but it is asking me for a password.

I tried to get it from another source but I am not sure if it was the right drivers neither if I have to run these after having extracted it to local disk C.

However I got to the bootloader screen and tried to run flashbat. But once flashbat was open nothing happened after. Is it supposed to run automatically?
    01-06-23 03:21 PM
    Also, when I run flashall, a message says something like ''if your device is not on fastboot, press volume and power 30 seconds to run in fastboot''.
    01-06-23 03:29 PM
    Also, when I run flashall, a message says something like ''if your device is not on fastboot, press volume and power 30 seconds to run in fastboot''.
    It's not connected to the phone.
    01-23-23 11:32 PM
    I tried to download USB drivers but it is asking me for a password.

I tried to get it from another source but I am not sure if it was the right drivers neither if I have to run these after having extracted it to local disk C.

However I got to the bootloader screen and tried to run flashbat. But once flashbat was open nothing happened after. Is it supposed to run automatically?
    There is no password. You have to tap the link as opposed to trying to copy and paste it.
    01-23-23 11:33 PM