1) install button mapper pro. Set a 100 ms delay on all the capacitive buttons to prevent accidental presses while typing.

2) I have a theory that the finger print sensor issues are due to the bigger size of the space bar.

To get round this issue I have set 4 fingerprints up all with different parts of the same thumb. This makes the finger print sensor completely reliable.
    footnote, gokulb and RLeeSimon like this.
    08-10-18 11:50 AM
    I might get one failed reading for every 10 attempts with the fingerprint sensor. No idea why people are having so much trouble
    slapusilly10x likes this.
    08-10-18 12:06 PM
    I might get one failed reading for every 10 attempts with the fingerprint sensor. No idea why people are having so much trouble
    One in ten is still pretty high in my books
    08-10-18 12:17 PM
    The fingerprint scanner, not really unsatisfied about it but I experience more problems on my right thumb scanning than my left thumb. Left thumb scans always on the first hit. Right thumb often at the second attempt... Unfortunately I'm right handed and often have to go a second time around on the fingerprint scanner... 😬
    08-10-18 12:51 PM
    how do you set the 100 ms delay on the capacitive buttons? I don't see any option for that on button mapper pro, and if I create a custom button with default action, I don't see anywhere to add a delay...
    08-12-18 08:40 PM
    my KEYᴼᴺᴱ fingerprint sensor works without failed attempts...
    08-13-18 07:55 AM
    how do you set the 100 ms delay on the capacitive buttons? I don't see any option for that on button mapper pro, and if I create a custom button with default action, I don't see anywhere to add a delay...
    Attached Thumbnails Two hacks to improve functionality-screenshot_20180813-180531.jpg   Two hacks to improve functionality-screenshot_20180813-180521.jpg  
    08-13-18 12:06 PM
    Goto "more options" then you will see the long press delay options.
    08-13-18 12:07 PM
    Got it thanks - wouldn't the long-press delay mean how long to wait before registering a "long press"? is long press the default press? wouldn't we want to increase the delay? maybe I'm just not understanding it right.
    08-13-18 03:47 PM
    Got it thanks - wouldn't the long-press delay mean how long to wait before registering a "long press"? is long press the default press? wouldn't we want to increase the delay? maybe I'm just not understanding it right.
    ok turn off single tap and double tap.

leave long press active and set to 100ms.

100ms is the time it takes for long press to activate so you want it low.

basically long press has now become your regular button, just with a teensy bit of delay for when ur typing
    08-13-18 05:28 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. would implement but I need long press to get split screen
    08-14-18 09:46 AM
    thanks for the suggestion. would implement but I need long press to get split screen
    Yeah it has its limitations. I thought about that but then realised I never use split screen .

I think blackberry need to consider setting a delay when it detects typing.

That way you retain all the functionality of the buttons.
    08-14-18 10:38 AM
    Same here. Set up 2 fingers on the fingerprint scanner. Both were 1 time set up on first try and no issues. The only time I get a missed scan is if I am at some yoga position angle on the print scanner. That's my problem for trying to be a contortionist w/ one hand, not BlackBerry's issue.
    08-14-18 11:55 AM
    Same here
    08-14-18 01:07 PM