Hello,

My Q10 has finally given up the ghost - I can't complain because it's had heavy use for more than half a decade, so it owes me nothing.

I'm about to make the leap to the Key2, but I've got just two questions. Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, and I apprecaite they may be silly questions...

1) Does having an Android OS phone mean Google will start getting loads more data and info about me?

2) Does the Contacts app on the Key2 pull in LinkedIn contacts, like the Q10 used to do when LinkedIn still supported it?

Thanks.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    12-01-18 06:02 AM
    I'm really glad you asked this. I enjoy reading some of the "android blackberry" members post up how they've thwarted Google and their spying eyes.
    With my Key2, the Google account was made for this phone, so it only knows what I do on the device itself. Which isn't much to see. You'll get great tips and advice from the pros here. Welcome aboard!
    12-01-18 06:25 AM

1) Does having an Android OS phone mean Google will start getting loads more data and info about me?
    Hello,

This thread discusses what can be done to limit google collection:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...esome-1114355/

And this thread discusses setting up a firewall while running tor
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...orbot-1134676/

Cheers
    12-02-18 07:13 PM
    Hello,

My Q10 has finally given up the ghost - I can't complain because it's had heavy use for more than half a decade, so it owes me nothing.

I'm about to make the leap to the Key2, but I've got just two questions. Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere, and I apprecaite they may be silly questions...

2) Does the Contacts app on the Key2 pull in LinkedIn contacts, like the Q10 used to do when LinkedIn still supported it?

Thanks.
    If you want optimal performance with apps such as LinkedIn then embrace Google and let the permissions do what's really needed to optimize your experience in 2018 now.
    12-02-18 07:17 PM
    The fear of apps collecting data about us confounds me. All electronic interaction collects data, even if you hover over something data is collected let alone clicking on it. Insulation unless you are 100% off the grid is just not possible today. And this argument about minimizing exposure is pure folly. Good luck and learn to embrace big brother with the limited tools we have at our disposal. Cheers,
    12-02-18 08:26 PM
    if you send a letter, who sent it and who it went to is scanned and the stored. If you make a phone call, it is recorded by the NSA. all your banking transactions are recorded as is all your reported income. If you send a text, yep, they have that too. If you use your credit cards, all purchase data and locations are collected. if you walk down the street, numerous cameras record you. it never ends. if I have come to realize that Google is one of just many entities gathering info on me and have learned to live with it. the pros outweigh the cons IMHO.
    12-03-18 08:49 AM