I'm facing this strange issue. When I connect to Mobile data, twitter works flawlessly but when I'm on wifi connection, it can't retrieve tweets.

I have never faced this issue with my earlier Android phone.

Any clue about the issue and resolution?
    12-29-18 11:30 AM
    Any advise pls

I will extensively use twitter and I'm on mobile network for this reason.

As Mobile data is costly here, I wanna use wifi

Any help will be greatly appreciated
    12-29-18 11:50 AM
    Makes no sense. You're sure the WiFi is working okay? If it's just Twitter exhibiting the issue, delete and reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-18 07:58 PM
    The Twitter app on my Key² and my wifi works just fine.
    12-29-18 08:25 PM
    Makes no sense. You're sure the WiFi is working okay? If it's just Twitter exhibiting the issue, delete and reinstall?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, doesn't make sense but it is true! Wifi is working fine. I have reinstalled many times but no luck
    12-30-18 12:57 AM
    Yes, doesn't make sense but it is true! Wifi is working fine. I have reinstalled many times but no luck
    I realise this doesn't solve the problem but in the interim you could use browser version when on wifi.

Alternatively try downloading one of the 3rd party twitter apps.
    12-30-18 08:24 AM
    This is beauty of Android ecosystem and it’s support. Contact via instructions on Twitter support page. Could be something account related on Twitter end..
    12-30-18 08:32 AM
    This is beauty of Android ecosystem and it’s support. Contact via instructions on Twitter support page. Could be something account related on Twitter end..
    It is working fine on other Android devices with same wifi and account
    12-30-18 08:49 AM
    I realise this doesn't solve the problem but in the interim you could use browser version when on wifi.

Alternatively try downloading one of the 3rd party twitter apps.
    Same issue with browser version and lite app
    12-30-18 08:50 AM
    Same issue with browser version and lite app
    So, you're telling us that Twitter in the browser doesn't work on WiFi. But every other site does?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-18 09:04 AM
    So, you're telling us that Twitter in the browser doesn't work on WiFi. But every other site does?

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly
    12-30-18 09:05 AM
    Yes exactly
    Sorry but that's hard to believe. Unless your device somehow blacklists Twitter, but that's a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-18 09:06 AM
    It is working fine on other Android devices with same wifi and account
    So what... contact Twitter. Let them earn their money. Could be some quirk your Key2 creates in their system. What’s to lose?
    12-30-18 09:06 AM
    Have you tried a third party client?

If not, do so.

If yes, contact the Twitter support team, as this sounds like a API-malfunction when used with your device.

Also, please state your model number, android version, your Build, your kernel and your update level, which cab all be found in your about phone section in settings.
    12-30-18 09:10 AM
    Have you tried a third party client?

If not, do so.

If yes, contact the Twitter support team, as this sounds like a API-malfunction when used with your device.

Also, please state your model number, android version, your Build, your kernel and your update level, which cab all be found in your about phone section in settings.
    Thanks, will contact them.
    12-30-18 09:38 AM
    I have contacted twitter support and will update here as soon as I hear from them
    12-30-18 11:42 AM
    Any updates?
    01-06-19 09:39 AM
    No updates, still no luck
    01-06-19 10:56 AM
    I read in another thread you did do a factory reset. Did it help?
    01-06-19 01:01 PM
    I read in another thread you did do a factory reset. Did it help?
    No
    01-06-19 01:32 PM
    I was just searching for this exact problem, as I have it too, I'm on a KeyOne, but if I use WiFi then Twitter will not work, can't send messages, can 'sometimes' read tweets (think it must cache them), but defiantly can't post, turn wifi off, and all is good, same at work, so not my router. very very odd, it's the only app it happens on.
    02-13-19 05:55 PM
    For me it seems the problem was my home wii, I needed to move the channel to 'auto' and this seems to have fixed the issue.
    03-15-19 02:12 PM
    If this didn't happen to me, I'd never believe it.

I switched from a Priv to the Key2 today. Logging into my google account was problematic via wifi, set up took me a long time, so long I thought there was something wrong with the phone) so I tried cellular and it seemed to work. Everything worked really well. That should've been my first clue something was different, though, because then, the twitter thing.

It just won't load tweets properly and is totally sluggish. As like the original poster, when I switch to cellular data, it works like a charm.

I've tried a dozen things. I tried "auto" on my router, reboots, reinstalls. My Priv is sitting beside me loading up tweets like a charm.

Anyway, long story short, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen with a phone. Totally confused.
    04-07-19 01:39 AM
    I had to give up the phone, and even tried another.

On slower wifi's the Key 2 didn't seem to catch the signal as well on more than just twitter, as far as I saw. It was amazing to see my old, banged up Priv work fine, Key 2 work poorly, right beside each other.

For the first time since I think 1999 or 2000 I'll own something other than a BB*. I never thought I would, but I have slower wifi at the cottage and spend a lot of time there. I could not find a solution.

* It won't be an iPhone. I. Just. Can't.
    04-15-19 10:14 PM
    I had to give up the phone, and even tried another.

* It won't be an iPhone. I. Just. Can't.
    Windows Phone next then, eh?
    04-15-19 10:30 PM
27 12