Hello everyone,

I have managed to do something exceptionally silly, I have "lost" the locker app on my device. I thought I was only hiding it, but it seems to have completely disappeared. It is not in the app list in the settings menu. A Google search suggested a long press on the home screen, and then searching in the app appearance list, but I could not find it there either. I have no idea what to do now, and would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.
    06-14-19 12:50 PM
    would be grateful for any help.
    Did you set up a keyboard shortcut for it as advised when you set it to be hidden? If you didn't set up a keyboard shortcut for it, there's no way that I know of to launch it and you'll likely have to wipe your device to get it back which will, of course, wipe out whatever you had in there.
    06-14-19 02:45 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. Didn't do so at the time, but I got the tip from another user as well, and I have now set up a shortcut.
    06-14-19 02:55 PM
    thanks for the suggestion. Didn't do so at the time, but I got the tip from another user as well, and I have now set up a shortcut.
    Did you have to wipe your device to regain access?
    06-14-19 03:15 PM
    No, I did not have to do that.
    I did reset all my app preferences though because I was at a loss. That didn't seem to do much however.
    06-14-19 03:18 PM
    You should also be able to access via the play store if ever lost. Just search there and open from there

on the road with my BlackBerry
    06-14-19 03:54 PM
    You should also be able to access via the play store if ever lost. Just search there and open from there

on the road with my BlackBerry
    I had tried that, but the locker app didn't show up on the search results!
    06-16-19 02:55 AM
    Did you search in setting? Normally the locker app is belonging system. And you can't uninstalled but disabled.
    06-16-19 03:04 AM
    Can you get to it through opening the BlackBerry app launcher, tap on settings wheel (upper right), select app appearance, then tap on the eye symbol (upper right again)? That should show hidden apps.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-16-19 06:56 AM
    Hello everyone,

I have managed to do something exceptionally silly, I have "lost" the locker app on my device. I thought I was only hiding it, but it seems to have completely disappeared. It is not in the app list in the settings menu. A Google search suggested a long press on the home screen, and then searching in the app appearance list, but I could not find it there either. I have no idea what to do now, and would be grateful for any help.

Thank you.
    If it's not showing in your app list in Settings, make sure you have "show system apps" enabled in the drop-down menu or via the menu in the upper right. Alternatively, you can install Application Inspector from the Google Play Store and it should show up there if it's not removed somehow.
    06-16-19 08:42 AM
    Can you get to it through opening the BlackBerry app launcher, tap on settings wheel (upper right), select app appearance, then tap on the eye symbol (upper right again)? That should show hidden apps.
    thanks for your suggestion.
    I had tried that, but it didn't show up there.
    The method with setting a keyboard shortcut, as mentioned by some of the others worked.
    06-16-19 09:01 AM
    thanks for your suggestion

If it's not showing in your app list in Settings, make sure you have "show system apps" enabled in the drop-down menu or via the menu in the upper right. Alternatively, you can install Application Inspector from the Google Play Store and it should show up there if it's not removed somehow.
    Tried that, couldn't find it :/
    I didn't try to download the app you suggested, because the locker app showed up when I tried to set up a keyboard shortcut.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-16-19 09:06 AM

I didn't try to download the app you suggested, because the locker app showed up when I tried to set up a keyboard shortcut.
    That's interesting. If it showed up with a keyboard shortcut it would have to be in your apps list. At least you have access again.
    06-16-19 09:15 AM

When you go in to the apps list check that you can see the system apps then scroll down.
    I can also already be on keyboard short cuts.

Adding a app to short cuts will always show protected apps as well as locker.
    06-16-19 01:48 PM
    Lol,

"BlackBerry Locker.

So private, not even you can find it!"
    Doityourself likes this.
    06-16-19 07:37 PM
    hey. just wondering of BlackBerry Locker is available for other android devices?
    06-16-19 10:15 PM
    hey. just wondering of BlackBerry Locker is available for other android devices?
    No.
    06-16-19 10:22 PM
    Yes and No. "mie.alcatel" the makers of Locker, have a different file manager worth looking at.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.filemanager
    06-19-19 12:29 AM