Hi Everyone,

My Blackberry Key2, using the lastest update, is having issues with the "trusted Agent" platform.
    Normally I keep my phone unlocked using my Samsung Watch (latest model)
    As long as I don't shut down the phone... all works fine.
    Whenever I shut down the phone and restart, in "Smart-Lock" there are no options options to choose from anymore.
    I then have to switch off the Google Trust Agent, restart the phone and then switch on Google Trust Agent after which the options to select smart-lock options become available again.

This happened after the latest update and was descirbed as an "unwanted feature" but was supposed to be somthing that happened ONCE after the update was installed.
    Unfortunately it happens EACH time I shut-down and start the Key2

does anyone have a more permanent solution?

THX, Harpert
    11-09-18 07:37 AM
    This is an extremely frustrating OS bug I hope they fix in the next update.
    11-10-18 10:13 AM
    I confirm! Super frustrating given I shut my device down every night....
    11-18-18 01:36 PM
    This bug is not unique to the latest update, I've had this issue since around August.

To fix you have to go into settings => "Security & location" => "Trust agent". Then turn off "Smart Lock".

Reboot your phone, then follow the same procedure & turn "Smart Lock" back on. It should now work just fine. This always works for me & I've seen blaze mentioned this method prior to fix said issue
    11-18-18 02:16 PM
    And if the Bluetooth wasn't buggy enough to need rebooting every day or so, this bug would be a lot less annoying

maybe the next update will fix these things
    bobmoley likes this.
    11-18-18 03:34 PM
    Hi Everyone,

My Blackberry Key2, using the lastest update, is having issues with the "trusted Agent" platform.
    Normally I keep my phone unlocked using my Samsung Watch (latest model)
    As long as I don't shut down the phone... all works fine.
    Whenever I shut down the phone and restart, in "Smart-Lock" there are no options options to choose from anymore.
    I then have to switch off the Google Trust Agent, restart the phone and then switch on Google Trust Agent after which the options to select smart-lock options become available again.

This happened after the latest update and was descirbed as an "unwanted feature" but was supposed to be somthing that happened ONCE after the update was installed.
    Unfortunately it happens EACH time I shut-down and start the Key2

does anyone have a more permanent solution?

THX, Harpert
    I am experiencing the same. Fingerprint does not work regularly and have to do above to make it work again. But it does not stay for long. I am so annoyed by this considering buying a different phone.
    04-08-19 08:04 AM