So I took out my classic and fired it up. I wanted to see if after 6 months of using Blackberry KEY² I still thought classic as good or better. Well to my surprise I hardly knew how to navigate the the old thing. Was funny really how much I have moved on with this device and now have to say without regret goodbye to bb10. Really comes down to what your used to and I was content for the most part for bb10 but I wanted a few apps and also to have something new. Typing on Classic is still very good but also surprised by how much smaller the keypad feels now. The hub is great but I really only used it for email much same as on here so I don't feel I'm missing a whole lot. So I won't or shouldn't be griping anymore about the bb10 experience. It was great to say I was part of it but now hopefully I will be able to have access to pkb phones for more years.

Goodbye bb10 and I am now an android user

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    03-15-19 11:02 AM
    Same here RegN, I still use my Classic as a bed side alarm as its vibration is by far superior than the K2's.. I still like the Classic's compact size, and also it's easier to type on it. However as you rightly say, time to move on.
    eiruvrav likes this.
    03-15-19 12:45 PM
    Same for me....

BB10 took some getting use to, far more than some want to admit. I remember when it launched some group did an ergonomic review of the major mobile OS out at the time... BB10 was rated poor. Granted that was with BB10.1 and all it's bugs, and there were many improvements made over the years. Once you got use to it... it FLOWED pretty well (expect for Android Apps working different). But to just pick it up cold... it was tough to figure out.
    03-15-19 01:46 PM
    I mean, oS7 was pretty cool, in my eyes far quicker to use than any today - with the BB button you just jumped right to the menu where you needed it, send, save etc. Ah, good old times..
    anon(10387168) and idssteve like this.
    03-15-19 03:29 PM
    I only missing Classic keyboard. Key2 keyboard is OK in general but not pleasure as keyboard on Classic.
    elfabio80 and hplovecraft like this.
    03-15-19 04:45 PM
    I for some reason can't let go of my Classic. I've tried all of the other BB10 and Android PKB phones and always come back this Classic I'm typing on now!

As of now, I'm using a iPhone XR as my daily but once I get home, it's the Classic until the next morning.

I'm still contemplating going back to a Classic as a daily and a iPad mini 4 with LTE for apps, pics and video. I think this combo is a match made in heaven.

Posted via CB10
    Eugen Unson likes this.
    03-15-19 05:26 PM
    I have come to the conclusion that the BlackBerry experience is mainly the pkb.
    I switched from a pkb 9870 to an iPhone5. Never got to like it, so got hold of the Passport. What a great feeling it was to type on a pkb again. Due to requirements that work bought along, I had to leave BB10. So bought a DTEK60. Noticed that I got used to Android quick... But every now and then I had to fire up that Passport again, just to experience the keys...
    So I switched to a KEY2 LE. Haven't touched the DTEK60 and the Passport ever since.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-15-19 05:34 PM
    Glad your BlackBerry KeyOnes and 2's are working out for you. If nobody be needin them Classics &Passports or other bb10's and they are nearly worthless as many point out here :-) , feel free to send them to me. I'll find them a nice home/use. :-)
    03-16-19 09:33 PM
    Glad your BlackBerry KeyOnes and 2's are working out for you. If nobody be needin them Classics &Passports or other bb10's and they are nearly worthless as many point out here :-) , feel free to send them to me. I'll find them a nice home/use. :-)
    If your serious where would they be sent to? I would be happy to pass mine on to someone who wanted to use it. Just don't know anyone or place. Always thought there could be countries or places where they would welcome such devices. I even tried to research which countries it might work in to see if I could send it along.

Reg
    03-16-19 11:59 PM
    But to just pick it up cold... it was tough to figure out.
    No home button was difficult to figure out.
    03-17-19 12:48 AM
    I only missing Classic keyboard. Key2 keyboard is OK in general but not pleasure as keyboard on Classic.
    Do you sometimes need a second swipe up to hit a suggested word or not? Especially the center words seem to be affected by this or do you never need to swipe more than once?
    03-17-19 02:02 AM
    Do you sometimes need a second swipe up to hit a suggested word or not? Especially the center words seem to be affected by this or do you never need to swipe more than once?
    No, I don’t use that and close all relate function. Even that, I still have un expected pop up.
    03-17-19 05:33 AM
    In the Key2 LE that I had sometimes the space bar button was having a delayed feedback. The keyboard of the Classic is still much better for me.
    03-17-19 05:56 AM
    Glad you're happy with the Android experience in your KEY2. I sincerely wish I could say the same. I'm very used to my KEYone after a year and a half with it, but still prefer BB10 on my daily driver. I just find it simpler and less obtrusive. I'll keep trying to game Android notifications, but for me nothing in Android can replace the BB10 LED notifications and custom notification profiles.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-17-19 07:30 AM
    Glad you're happy with the Android experience in your KEY2. I sincerely wish I could say the same. I'm very used to my KEYone after a year and a half with it, but still prefer BB10 on my daily driver. I just find it simpler and less obtrusive. I'll keep trying to game Android notifications, but for me nothing in Android can replace the BB10 LED notifications and custom notification profiles.

The BB10 led notification was also something I used a lot - although I think when the current color selection would be less limited I would already have enough benefits.

Never really used the extensive options of multiple colors or patterns. Too confusing when multiple notifications are active.

I noticed that a single led blinking just triggers me to have a look. For instance I have WhatsApp with a green led and my business mail account with a blue one so if I see one of those colors I pick up the phone to take a look
    03-17-19 08:27 AM
    I noticed that a single led blinking just triggers me to have a look. For instance I have WhatsApp with a green led and my business mail account with a blue one so if I see one of those colors I pick up the phone to take a look
    That's my exact problem with my KEYone. I want to avoid looking at my phone as much as possible and want to rely on specific LED colors to notify me that a specific account has a message waiting.

The LED color on BB10 would rotate through all accounts with messages pending and was 100% reliable, so if I was only waiting for a message on an account with a blue notification, I could wait until the LED blinked blue to pick it up. But in the Android Hub, the LED represents the most recent message only and does not rotate. Since it's not reliable, I have to check my phone constantly when I'm waiting on a response for a single account, which interrupts my flow too much.

03-17-19 08:55 AM
    Funny. I did the exact same thing a week ago. but it was with my Passport. I still believed that's the best BlackBerry device ever to be released. But when I navigated through it, I immediately felt like the same as as you did. I moved on. While i thought in the beginning it was a problem switching to Android, I believe BlackBerry migrated enough of the BlackBerry 10 sauce to make it a solid experience. I am using an KEY 2 LE now
    03-17-19 09:22 AM
    That's my exact problem with my KEYone. I want to avoid looking at my phone as much as possible and want to rely on specific LED colors to notify me that a specific account has a message waiting.

The LED color on BB10 would rotate through all accounts with messages pending and was 100% reliable, so if I was only waiting for a message on an account with a blue notification, I could wait until the LED blinked blue to pick it up. But in the Android Hub, the LED represents the most recent message only and does not rotate. Since it's not reliable, I have to check my phone constantly when I'm waiting on a response for a single account, which interrupts my flow too much.

Yes I agree the fact that the notification are not cumulative is indeed a crucial missing feature. Otherwise it's pretty useless to attribute different colors to different things.
    03-17-19 09:30 AM
    As android is you have to find an app for that. Which was always my argument for bb10 it just had good basic stuff built in. I have a led app that helps. But (of course but) I cannot have different emails different colors. I know when you first set them up you can do this but I think the app I use might defeat the cause. It's something I put up with. I was going to say "got used to" but that really is not the case. I miss the good led from bb10. Now I get a blue if I get email in hub but not sure if it's from crackberry telling me some one posted or actual work email. I don't have my notifications cranked way up in volume so rely on the light a lot. But for navigation between apps and getting my work done I am pretty pleased with my learned system now and how productive it is.
    I was doing same work an bb10 and found it easy but it comes down to using the tools you have and change can be hard. Six months and I realized I made the change. If I would have kept going back every few weeks maybe I would still be griping. Quite enjoying a few apps I never was able to have before other then using a tablet.

Reg
    03-17-19 10:03 AM
    Used classic nearly for 2 years before moving to keyone and now on black key2. Even if I'm using an android device now, it still feels more blackberry and less android or a new operating system to me. Sent my Q10 and Classic back to India for my cousins and surprisingly my grandfather as he wasn't willing to move away from an old Nokia phone cause he just make and receive calls,, I wanted him to use classic because of the toolbelt but he chose a q10 instead and is rocking it now and learned pretty quickly how to use touch screen as he never touched any touch screen phone before ever.
    03-17-19 12:46 PM
    As android is you have to find an app for that. Which was always my argument for bb10 it just had good basic stuff built in. I have a led app that helps. But (of course but) I cannot have different emails different colors. I know when you first set them up you can do this but I think the app I use might defeat the cause. It's something I put up with. I was going to say "got used to" but that really is not the case. I miss the good led from bb10. Now I get a blue if I get email in hub but not sure if it's from crackberry telling me some one posted or actual work email. I don't have my notifications cranked way up in volume so rely on the light a lot. But for navigation between apps and getting my work done I am pretty pleased with my learned system now and how productive it is.
    I was doing same work an bb10 and found it easy but it comes down to using the tools you have and change can be hard. Six months and I realized I made the change. If I would have kept going back every few weeks maybe I would still be griping. Quite enjoying a few apps I never was able to have before other then using a tablet.

Reg
    I also haven't found a Led app on Android with the same quality as the ones on BB10.

Is it actually possible for an app to change the limitation of only the last notification being shown?

Of course Android now has a whole different way to deal with an display alerts but at least they should fix the limitation of only the last led notification being shown.
    03-17-19 12:58 PM
    No home button was difficult to figure out.
    The Q10/Classic/Passport may have been less jarring for those of us coming from BBOS, but to go from pressing the back and End buttons to reaching all the way to the bottom on the Z10 and Z30 (especially after ribbing iOS and Android users back then) took a little getting used to. Nowadays I consider it quite natural and I'm quite pleased OnePlus includes it natively, plus there's a few apps for any Android that doesn't. No Home buttons on my Androids, sucks that the KEY* users are stuck with them.
    03-17-19 01:33 PM
    I also haven't found a Led app on Android with the same quality as the ones on BB10.

Is it actually possible for an app to change the limitation of only the last notification being shown?

Of course Android now has a whole different way to deal with an display alerts but at least they should fix the limitation of only the last led notification being shown.
    I found light flow and light manager both will cycle led colors. I use light manager now. I started with it then went with flow and now back to manager. Not really sure which is better of the 2. Still bb10 leads them all in notification settings. It's a matter of trying to get something to work for you. I use sound profile for sounds. Which light flow I think does sounds to if you want it.

Reg
    03-17-19 02:45 PM
    I found light flow and light manager both will cycle led colors. I use light manager now. I started with it then went with flow and now back to manager. Not really sure which is better of the 2. Still bb10 leads them all in notification settings. It's a matter of trying to get something to work for you. I use sound profile for sounds. Which light flow I think does sounds to if you want it.

Reg
    Those apps won't cycle colors for accounts in the Hub, because they seem it as a single app and assign it a single color. They will do a great job of cycling colors for different apps.

03-17-19 03:52 PM
    If I had the energy I would try to delete those light apps and then redo my accounts and see if the colors would stick. I have other apps that seem to have built in options for colors so maybe I could get it working more like bb10. Like has been mentioned in other threads. Pixel phones and older nexus ones never had led lights. So android has no interest it seems in making it a feature. Phones without led lights seem ridiculous to me. Such a part of my daily use.

Reg
    03-17-19 05:47 PM
29 12