This is a targeted question. I have read the posts on transferring between devices. My question is: I have a Key1 (silver, unlocked, currently on AT&T) and just purchased a Key2 (off Amazon, unlocked, silver, NOT LE).

Question: To get started on the Key2, is it as simple as taking the SIM card and SD card out of the Key1 and putting them in the new Key2, and then just powering on?

Meaning: AT&T doesn't have to do anything?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    11-01-18 02:57 PM
    This is a targeted question. I have read the posts on transferring between devices. My question is: I have a Key1 (silver, unlocked, currently on AT&T) and just purchased a Key2 (off Amazon, unlocked, silver, NOT LE).

Question: To get started on the Key2, is it as simple as taking the SIM card and SD card out of the Key1 and putting them in the new Key2, and then just powering on?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    I don't know about AT&T but that's the way it works for T-Mobile.
    11-01-18 06:35 PM
    I went from an AT&T branded PRIV to an unlocked Black KEY2 and I simply popped the AT&T SIM card from my PRIV into my KEY2.

Fired up just fine on AT&T 4G LTE... 👍

Bob
    11-01-18 06:45 PM

Thanks,
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    Correct.
    11-01-18 06:58 PM
    Thanks to all! I did it and it seems to be restoring. Logged in with gmail account, restored from a cloud back-up and it seems to be working.
    Cheers,
    Chris
    11-01-18 07:36 PM
    Thanks to all! I did it and it seems to be restoring. Logged in with gmail account, restored from a cloud back-up and it seems to be working.
    Cheers,
    Chris
    With wifi off, is your 4g LTE icon turning on, on the display bar up top?
    11-01-18 10:40 PM
    With wifi off, is your 4g LTE icon turning on, on the display bar up top?
    Yes. it works fine. I've used it for a few days without any problems. Simply pulled the SIM and SD cards from the Key1 and popped them into the Key2. Took 2-3 hours to download all apps (~130), but now works fine. Did not go to the AT&T store at all.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-03-18 12:22 PM
    That is how it worked and works, for me.
    11-04-18 07:35 AM