Hi,
    How do I transfer my SDcard to my new phone?
    When I put it in my new phone, I get a message that the SDcard is not compatible and need to be formated.
    Any suggestions, I do not want to lose all my data (11gig of photo and music)
    10-27-18 11:30 AM
    Decrypt it in your old phone first.
    Soapm likes this.
    10-27-18 01:29 PM
    Hi,
    How do I transfer my SDcard to my new phone?
    When I put it in my new phone, I get a message that the SDcard is not compatible and need to be formated.
    Any suggestions, I do not want to lose all my data (11gig of photo and music)
    I don't know if this is possible. The only way an SD card is encrypted is if it is set as internal memory. Once this is done, I don't think there is a way to go back.

I would suggest putting it back in your old phone, then transfer the media to a computer. Then format the SD card, put in new phone and transfer back.

Whatever you end up doing, make a backup by transferring to a computer in case things go sideways.
    10-27-18 01:47 PM
    Would the "Content Transfer" App not work?
    10-27-18 02:11 PM
    I don't know if this is possible. The only way an SD card is encrypted is if it is set as internal memory. Once this is done, I don't think there is a way to go back.

I would suggest putting it back in your old phone, then transfer the media to a computer. Then format the SD card, put in new phone and transfer back.

Whatever you end up doing, make a backup by transferring to a computer in case things go sideways.
    This
    10-28-18 03:55 AM
    i thought it does matter, as long as your new key 2 with the same password, you will be able to view your encryption sd card, as it would encrypted with your your password key? I might be wrong though.
    10-28-18 05:49 AM