I was still using the Classic as my daily driver along with a cheap Android phone until now.
    Used the KEYᴼᴺᴱ briefly before passing it on to my dad.
    I am finally going to be moving past BB10.
    A little skeptical about the KEY² after reading all those spacebar and touch keyboard issues but will see how that goes.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-23-19 12:54 PM
    It's a good phone. Coming from a classic as well and I still prefer the balance of the classic but do enjoy the screen size and I can try out some apps I couldn't before. I do still prefer bb10 but have to look forward not back. I have been very satisfied.

Welcome to Blackberry KEY² world.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    01-23-19 01:14 PM
    I had the same issue coming from a classic. It took some time to get used to and I still miss my classic (and use it from time to time for emails). I did originally have the touch keyboard issue, but once I got comfortable with the keyboard it's fine. I believe the key2 overall is a very decent phone for the price and I have no regrets.
    01-23-19 01:58 PM
    The biggest change for me coming from the Classic to the Key2 was all of the menus and settings (Althought it was great being able to use the full/regular version of apps). I didn't realize how much customization was possible and how many options there were. I learned, but I wished I had asked more questions when I was getting it set up at the AT&T store.

Here are some other observations which might be helpful, but you also may know already most of this if you already using Android.
    The home screen starts off as a blank slate, so you can put exactly the apps/icons you want there. You can determine what each app has access to. You can turn on and off the app's ability to access your location, camera, and other stuff. Every app has settings, which took awhile to set up, but that's a one time thing. Also, I had a hard time getting customization for alert sounds, but that may have been because I was new to Android. Totally worth it. I'm very happy with my Key2.
    01-23-19 10:49 PM
    So been using it since 2 days.
    Yup the space bar sounds different and wobbles a little. Yes it does irritate me a lot.
    Have a July Manufacture date. And I don't think I can get hold of a later build date as I doubt BlackBerryMobileIndia has even managed to sell of It's initial batch of KEY²s.
    Still not sure whether I should get this replaced or not.
    Holding out for now.
    Love everything else about the phone.
    01-25-19 04:10 AM
    So been using it since 2 days.
    Yup the space bar sounds different and wobbles a little. Yes it does irritate me a lot.
    Have a July Manufacture date. And I don't think I can get hold of a later build date as I doubt BlackBerryMobileIndia has even managed to sell of It's initial batch of KEY²s.
    Still not sure whether I should get this replaced or not.
    Holding out for now.
    Love everything else about the phone.
    It just depends on what's your degree of OCD for the spacebar.

Mine is too high so I sold my KEY2's, but I should have kept my first one as it had a perfect spacebar but I was afraid it would develop later on, which is dumb of me. That build date was 06/24 I believe
    01-25-19 12:56 PM
    The KEY2 spacebar issue appears to be hit or miss... My KEY2 has a date of manufacture of August 3 and my spacebar has no loose/wobbly/height issues whatsoever and the fingerprint scanner works just fine too. I have read here from some that have KEY2's with a latter date of manufacture and they are reporting spacebar issues.

So from what I have read here on CB, whether it be an early build or a current build, the spacebar issue continues to pop up. Mine is a Black KEY2/PRD 003 and I'm curious if the issue is more prevalent with the Silver vs Black? I can't imagine it would make a difference, it shouldn't, but it is a something I'm curious about.

Bob
    01-25-19 01:41 PM
    It just depends on what's your degree of OCD for the spacebar.

Mine is too high so I sold my KEY2's, but I should have kept my first one as it had a perfect spacebar but I was afraid it would develop later on, which is dumb of me. That build date was 06/24 I believe
    I am extremely OCD about it.
    But dont have much of a choice.
    If it doesn't settle in after a week, I will try for a replacement.
    01-25-19 01:58 PM
    The KEY2 spacebar issue appears to be hit or miss... My KEY2 has a date of manufacture of August 3 and my spacebar has no loose/wobbly/height issues whatsoever and the fingerprint scanner works just fine too. I have read here from some that have KEY2's with a latter date of manufacture and they are reporting spacebar issues.

So from what I have read here on CB, whether it be an early build or a current build, the spacebar issue continues to pop up. Mine is a Black KEY2/PRD 003 and I'm curious if the issue is more prevalent with the Silver vs Black? I can't imagine it would make a difference, it shouldn't, but it is a something I'm curious about.

Bob
    Yeah lots of variables. Difficult to drill down the exact reason unfortunately.
    01-25-19 01:59 PM

Bob
    See this concerns me. It's always something with this keyone series. First it was the screen lift and now this nonsense with the space bar. We shouldn't have to worry about these quality issues when we are paying a premium for a phone with a PKB. I don't mind paying the money but don't give us this garbage where when we order we just have to hope we get a great unit.
    01-25-19 04:55 PM
    See this concerns me. It's always something with this keyone series. First it was the screen lift and now this nonsense with the space bar. We shouldn't have to worry about these quality issues when we are paying a premium for a phone with a PKB. I don't mind paying the money but don't give us this garbage where when we order we just have to hope we get a great unit.
    Yes, it is very concerning that there have been manufacturing issues with the KEY series. I deliberately passed on the KEYone because of the screen issue. I waited a few months before getting my Black KEY2 and I appear to be one of the lucky ones to get a KEY2 that doesn't have a spacebar issue. I have often wondered if I had purchased a Silver KEY2 if I would be dealing with a loose/wobbly spacebar. In any event, I feel for those that are dealing with this issue but on the other hand I'm very happy I am not. I have been very pleased with my Black KEY2 since purchasing it in October.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-25-19 at 06:15 PM.
    01-25-19 05:32 PM
    Absolutely true. The keyboard is the reason we are buying this phone and I want that to be perfect.
    anon(10573286) likes this.
    01-26-19 06:42 AM
    Absolutely true. The keyboard is the reason we are buying this phone and I want that to be perfect.
    Hopefully my key 2 silver arriving today has 0 issues I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    01-26-19 12:54 PM
    Hopefully my key 2 silver arriving today has 0 issues I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    Mine too... 🤞

Bob
    01-26-19 01:02 PM
    Mine too... 🤞

Bob
    Nice! When is yours suppose to arrive? Got mine off amazon says before 9pm eastern tonight
    01-26-19 01:03 PM
    Mine too... 🤞

Bob
    And what are you currently using?
    01-26-19 01:03 PM
    Nice! When is yours suppose to arrive? Got mine off amazon says before 9pm eastern tonight
    Oh no... I have had my Black KEY2 since October and my spacebar is perfectly fine.

I was crossing my fingers for you in the hopes yours is without the spacebar issue... 😁 👍

Bob
    01-26-19 01:07 PM
    Oh no... I have had my Black KEY2 since October and my spacebar is perfectly fine.

I was crossing my fingers for you in the hopes yours is without the spacebar issue... 😁 👍

Bob
    Lol thanks! Yeah I'm worried lol..but it's brand new and it's 2019 so I'm sure I'm getting a newer build if not I can just send it back. I had the black key 2 for a week and that wobbly space bar and weak finger print sensor turned me off the device
    01-26-19 01:17 PM
    Lol thanks! Yeah I'm worried lol..but it's brand new and it's 2019 so I'm sure I'm getting a newer build if not I can just send it back. I had the black key 2 for a week and that wobbly space bar and weak finger print sensor turned me off the device
    As I have posted previously... there is definitely an inconsistency from all I have seen posted here on CB with regard to the space bar. My Black KEY2 has a build date of August 3 and my space bar is fine and the fingerprint sensor works as it should. It doesn't appear to make a difference if it's Black or Silver or an early build or latter build to have this space bar issue show up on a KEY2. Makes no sense to me why this would be the case.

Other than my KEY2 space bar being clicky when I first got mine that soon went away from hammering out a lot of emails and text messages.

Keep us posted on your new Silver KEY2's space bar and the manufacture date.

Bob
    01-26-19 01:32 PM
    As I have posted previously... there is definitely an inconsistency from all I have seen posted here on CB with regard to the space bar. My Black KEY2 has a build date of August 3 and my space bar is fine and the fingerprint sensor works as it should. It doesn't appear to make a difference if it's Black or Silver or an early build or latter build to have this space bar issue show up on a KEY2. Makes no sense to me why this would be the case.

Other than my KEY2 space bar being clicky when I first got mine that soon went away from hammering out a lot of emails and text messages.

Bob
    Will do..im getting giddy :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Took the plunge finally. Ordered a KEY²-1780.jpg  
    Bob80220 likes this.
    01-26-19 01:46 PM

Bob
    Come to papa :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Took the plunge finally. Ordered a KEY²-1793.jpg  
    Bob80220 and Karan Riar like this.
    01-26-19 06:29 PM
    Congratulations!!! Now give us the update regarding the space bar and date of manufacture.

Bob
    01-26-19 06:45 PM
    great buy have fun
    01-26-19 06:53 PM
    Congratulations!!! Now give us the update regarding the space bar and date of manufacture.

Bob
    Space bar is flawless. It is not wobbly at all and I don't notice the sound of it either. How do I look up the build date? This phone is just beautiful. I love the feel of it and I can't believe how silent the space bar this is it is the complete opposite of the key 2 I first bought in the summer that sounded so cheap. This is the best blackberry built ever period and it definitely has a more premium built than my key 2 Le. I am extremely happy with my purchase and I'm glad I bought it new too. I definitely lucked out with the one I bought this phone rocks!
    Last edited by Bravestar79; 01-26-19 at 07:09 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-26-19 06:53 PM
    Space bar is flawless. It is not wobbly at all and I don't notice the sound of it either. How do I look up the build date? This phone is just beautiful. I love the feel of it and I can't believe how silent the space bar this is it is the complete opposite of the key 2 I first bought in the summer that sounded so cheap. This is the best blackberry built ever period and it definitely has a more premium built than my key 2 Le. I am extremely happy with my purchase and I'm glad I bought it new too. I definitely lucked out with the one I bought this phone rocks!
    Very nice regarding the space bar... you can fine your date of manufacture following the procedure below.

Bob

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu
    1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    01-26-19 07:26 PM
53 123