As the title states, is it too late? From what I hear a K3 isn't on the horizon this year.

Miss QWERTY and am thinking of coming back.
    03-28-19 08:08 PM
    Spend as little as possible by buying a K1. Wait another 3 - 4 months to see if something is coming....if you hear nothing get a K2 for better performance.
    03-28-19 08:19 PM
    Would not purchase a K2, go for the K2 LE.
    PantherBlitz and the_boon like this.
    03-28-19 08:33 PM
    If you can find it for cheap I’d go for it. I got mine for $450 CAD off eBay a couple weeks ago. Just know that the camera isn’t so great...
    TomasBelch likes this.
    03-28-19 09:12 PM
    I actually just purchased the K2 (arriving on Monday) for $450 CAD from eBay. I went with the K2 due to the capacitive keyboard and it was priced close enough to a K2 LE. The price was right, in my opinion. After some reading it looks like they're not looking to put out a K3 until 2020.
    03-28-19 09:20 PM
    Spend as little as possible by buying a K1. Wait another 3 - 4 months to see if something is coming....if you hear nothing get a K2 for better performance.
    At this point, unless real limited budget or super cheap, avoid 3/32 KEYone and get the 4/64 KEYone for the little extra.
    03-28-19 10:24 PM
    it is well worth the purchase.
    03-28-19 10:58 PM
    It's never too late....

If the KEY2 is what you like of the existing PKB options, I'd say go for it.
    03-29-19 08:05 AM
    mixed responses, want to try it for myself
    03-29-19 09:05 PM
    Try it out for yourself indeed. When you are planning to use swiping on the keyboard while typing to select suggested words (like many of us do) or scrolling using the keyboard then you are going to miss that on the LE I guess.

There is no indication a Key3 is on the way soon. If a key3 will be produced my idea is that it will be released Q3 of 2020.

I would not buy second hand unless it's a production date later than October or November 2018.

Owners of the earliest models have reported issues with sensor or space bar.
    03-30-19 01:40 AM
    For anyone considering a blackberry at this point,, the first option should be the key2. Awesome keyboard and desgin, doesn't slow down like keyone after few months of heavy use and better specs than the LE devices along with capacitive keyboard. LE is great option under $500 for budget conscious section plus those who use a pkb blackberry for office use for handling emails and texting. Le devices are far better than keyone at this point, anyone trying to upgrade and wanna try android for first time can consider the keyone, it's under $300 now or even under 200 for used ones in good conditions.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    03-30-19 02:15 AM
    +1 for KeyOne BE.

Sounds like you want to wait for a Key3 if there is one which won't be some time yet. KeyOne is a solid choice until then and the 3 will be more of an upgrade if and when it comes.
    03-30-19 02:23 AM
    As the title states, is it too late? From what I hear a K3 isn't on the horizon this year.

Miss QWERTY and am thinking of coming back.
    I think it depends what timeframe one plans for. For a phone that one wants to use 3+ years? Yes. A phone that has a minimum use of 1 year? No.

I was contemplating a Key2 in December - and spend around 3-4 months contemplating... I finally got one via Amazon to replace my Priv after 3 years and 2 months. (Incidentally, the model sold is the Indian version, hence the lower price. Then again, there is no difference here in Europe with respect to frequency bands and the dual SIM is a plus too, a benefit even. Slower updates will be the downside.)

A Key3 is expected around the end of 2019 at the earliest given the suggestions of a longer release cycle. But then nobody really knows...
    Even if the phone is released, waiting 2-3 months for first price reductions and or bug fixes can make it worthwhile to wait for later production runs.
    My Key2 has an end of December production date. So if I they fixed something, it should be fixed in the model I got. If they didn't and it is luck/tolerance then the date doesn't matter.

...now I could start a complaints list on how irritating and annoying Android is, but I don't think it helps, so I'll leave that...
    One "interesting" experience was the observation that apparently one cannot use a web restore over mobile data to set up a new phone... And an android hotspot doesn't work either, so expect to require a wifi connection...
    03-30-19 02:43 AM
    I got mine since a couple weeks ago, and I can't be more happy.
    Bought the 6/64 dual SIM on eBay for 500EUR, and yeah... camera is not the best... but who are we? Some punk in their 20s uploading duck faces to Instagram? There's your answer.
    03-31-19 05:07 PM
    If you can find it for cheap I’d go for it. I got mine for $450 CAD off eBay a couple weeks ago. Just know that the camera isn’t so great...
    This. Lol. Just got mine on amazon and love it, but the camera is awful. Coming from an iPhone X, so it'll be an adjustment.
    04-01-19 08:37 PM
    Hi Y'all.
    I was searching the forum, and would like to sell an extra unit (sealed) of the Key2. Where can I post the offer?
    Thanks Mods in advance for moving the post
    04-25-19 09:45 AM