I'm thinking of making my last blackberry the last blackberry, anyone know the best product number that works great on TMO USA?

My Keyone (PRD-63116-042) works well but I often miss calls (no ring or anything) then immediately get the voicemail icon. It's not the biggest of deals but it would be nice if my last blackberry worked seamless since I plan to keep it until it dies, dies, dies...
    02-14-20 01:32 PM
    I'm thinking of making my last blackberry the last blackberry, anyone know the best product number that works great on TMO USA?

My Keyone (PRD-63116-042) works well but I often miss calls (no ring or anything) then immediately get the voicemail icon. It's not the biggest of deals but it would be nice if my last blackberry worked seamless since I plan to keep it until it dies, dies, dies...
    Hey @Summer_Moon any thoughts on this for the OP ? How about you @the_boon if you can step off the ledge and come back inside the asylum?
    02-14-20 01:36 PM
    Hey @Summer_Moon any thoughts on this for the OP ? How about you @the_boon if you can step off the ledge and come back inside the asylum?
    T-Mobile uses bands 2/4/5/12/66/71 for LTE (I'll ignore 3G and below since pretty much all phones have global abilities for those)

(only listing T-Mobile bands, it has lots of others)

BBF100-1 has bands 2/4/5/12
    BBF100-2 has bands 2/4/5/12/66
    BBF100-6 has bands 2/4/5/12
    BBF100-4 has bands 2/4/5/12

BBF100-2 is the best option, but 66 is only speed, not coverage. Also, for what it's worth I'm using BBF100-2 on T-Mobile.
    02-14-20 01:48 PM
    T-Mobile uses bands 2/4/5/12/66/71 for LTE (I'll ignore 3G and below since pretty much all phones have global abilities for those)

(only listing T-Mobile bands, it has lots of others)

BBF100-1 has bands 2/4/5/12
    BBF100-2 has bands 2/4/5/12/66
    BBF100-6 has bands 2/4/5/12
    BBF100-4 has bands 2/4/5/12

BBF100-2 is the best option, but 66 is only speed, not coverage. Also, for what it's worth I'm using BBF100-2 on T-Mobile.
    Thanks for the info
    @Soapm hope this helps
    02-14-20 01:57 PM
    How about you @the_boon if you can step off the ledge and come back inside the asylum?
    Huh? Lol
    02-14-20 03:21 PM
    Is it working flawlessly for you?

I know 5G will be universally available soon but I can do without if it means keeping my physical keyboard...
    02-14-20 03:41 PM
    Is it working flawlessly for you?

I know 5G will be universally available soon but I can do without if it means keeping my physical keyboard...
    I'm in an area where there is already spotty service from T-Mobile, so sometimes I do not have the best signal (but that really depends on where you're at or where you travel to). Biggest issue is service in buildings (the Band 71 really helps with this, but pretty hard to find a phone that supports it). But I also have Wifi Calling enabled via rolling back the modem to ABA044 firmware version, which helps with the service in buildings and at home. Outside is great, no issues.

I can say that I have not had an issue like what you describe of it going to straight to VM without ringing. It works really well for me with my configuration of the device.
    02-14-20 03:48 PM
    I'm in an area where there is already spotty service from T-Mobile, so sometimes I do not have the best signal (but that really depends on where you're at or where you travel to). Biggest issue is service in buildings (the Band 71 really helps with this, but pretty hard to find a phone that supports it). But I also have Wifi Calling enabled via rolling back the modem to ABA044 firmware version, which helps with the service in buildings and at home. Outside is great, no issues.

I can say that I have not had an issue like what you describe of it going to straight to VM without ringing. It works really well for me with my configuration of the device.
    That's kind of where I am, downstairs in my man cave I have one bar maybe, but I keep cellular preferred because my WiFi doesn't hand off to cellular too well when I leave places. Plus I don't like having to be told when the phone switches from one to the other. I never understood that aggressive hand off in the developer options so I just stick with what I know works, sorta...
    02-14-20 04:03 PM
    That's kind of where I am, downstairs in my man cave I have one bar maybe, but I keep cellular preferred because my WiFi doesn't hand off to cellular too well when I leave places. Plus I don't like having to be told when the phone switches from one to the other. I never understood that aggressive hand off in the developer options so I just stick with what I know works, sorta...
    Yeah, I used ARDA (can access it through Shortcut Maker) to change up the timing of the handoffs from Wifi to LTE in the modem settings (and also to be less aggressive on LTE band switchover). It's working for me so far, at least what seems to be better than it was originally.
    02-14-20 04:09 PM
    Yeah, I used ARDA (can access it through Shortcut Maker) to change up the timing of the handoffs from Wifi to LTE in the modem settings (and also to be less aggressive on LTE band switchover). It's working for me so far, at least what seems to be better than it was originally.
    One last question for now, I found one that's an LE. What's up with LE?
    02-14-20 04:13 PM
    Nevermind, found it...

The entry-level version of the Key2, the Key2 LE, was introduced with a $399 US base price, a significant markdown from the $649 Key2. The Key2 LE features many of the same amenities of its upscale brethren, although it lacks the touch-sensitive keyboard and aluminum body (instead having a plastic construction). The Key2 LE also has the less powerful Snapdragon 636 processor and only four GB of RAM compared to the original six. As well, the Key2 LE is equipped with a smaller 3,000 mAh battery.[4] The Key2 LE is available with either 32 or 64 GB of internal storage space.
    02-14-20 04:19 PM
    Another last question for now, blackberry did an update to the HUB which only allows you to see one side of a text conversation. Some of us found on the KeyOne that by leaving certain apps at default (not updating them), the hub still works as expected and you can see both sides of a conversation.

Is this same thing possible with the Key2? It really ignored me when I couldn't tell if I responded and what I said if I did respond. That update never sat well with me...
    02-14-20 04:22 PM
    More friendly with regards to budget. Not as good of camera (not great to begin with on Key2). Keyboard lacks the capacitive touch (no flicking or scrolling), but it doesn't have issues with the space bar compared to the Key2 from what I've heard. Other than that, it's basically the same phone other than spec differences
    LE - SDM636, Key2 - SDM660
    LE - GPU Adreno 509, Key2 - GPU Adreno 512
    LE - RAM 4GB, Key2 - RAM 6GB
    LE - Battery 3000mAh, Key2 - Battery 3500mAh plus quick charge
    LE - USB type C 2.0, Key2 USB type C 3.0
    LE - weight 156g, Key2 weight 168g
    02-14-20 04:24 PM
    Nevermind, found it...

The entry-level version of the Key2, the Key2 LE, was introduced with a $399 US base price, a significant markdown from the $649 Key2. The Key2 LE features many of the same amenities of its upscale brethren, although it lacks the touch-sensitive keyboard and aluminum body (instead having a plastic construction). The Key2 LE also has the less powerful Snapdragon 636 processor and only four GB of RAM compared to the original six. As well, the Key2 LE is equipped with a smaller 3,000 mAh battery.[4] The Key2 LE is available with either 32 or 64 GB of internal storage space.
    whoops missed this before I responded.
    02-14-20 04:25 PM
    Another last question for now, blackberry did an update to the HUB which only allows you to see one side of a text conversation. Some of us found on the KeyOne that by leaving certain apps at default (not updating them), the hub still works as expected and you can see both sides of a conversation.

Is this same thing possible with the Key2? It really ignored me when I couldn't tell if I responded and what I said if I did respond. That update never sat well with me...
    hmmm, do you have a link to what people were doing on the KeyOne? I can give it a try on the Key2. I didn't really care that much about seeing both sides of the conversation in the hub as long as I could see something come in so I never bothered researching anything about that.
    02-14-20 04:26 PM
    hmmm, do you have a link to what people were doing on the KeyOne? I can give it a try on the Key2. I didn't really care that much about seeing both sides of the conversation in the hub as long as I could see something come in so I never bothered researching anything about that.
    Thanks, I can't find the link to where RLee (I think it was) explained the process but it's not hard for me to list it for you here.

Disable the following apps so they'll revert back to factory...

Blackberry Hub + Services
    Blackberry Hub + Contacts
    Blackberry Hub + Inbox
    Blackberry Hub + Calendar

Then do the same with Google Chrome to stop the "Website not Available" error in HTML emails and that's it. Now re-enable them all but don't let them update and you should be able to see the phone logs, both parts of text conversations etc...

Note, I will understand if you don't want to do this as you do lose all your settings, contacts, calendar etc...
    02-14-20 07:22 PM
    Thanks, I can't find the link to where RLee (I think it was) explained the process but it's not hard for me to list it for you here.

Disable the following apps so they'll revert back to factory...

Blackberry Hub + Services
    Blackberry Hub + Contacts
    Blackberry Hub + Inbox
    Blackberry Hub + Calendar

Then do the same with Google Chrome to stop the "Website not Available" error in HTML emails and that's it. Now re-enable them all but don't let them update and you should be able to see the phone logs, both parts of text conversations etc...

Note, I will understand if you don't want to do this as you do lose all your settings, contacts, calendar etc...
    Well... sweet. That worked. Think I might just leave like this now lol.

Text messages work like how they did initially. Can see what I sent and what I receive. Miss dark mode on Contacts though oh well.

Note, I didn't do any disabling or re-enabling. I just went to the app in settings and used the three dots in the upper right corner and chose uninstall updates.
    02-14-20 08:42 PM
    Good to know, so you didn't loose your setting or messages.

Learn something everyday and glad it works on this one also.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    02-15-20 12:54 AM
    Good to know, so you didn't loose your setting or messages.

Learn something everyday and glad it works on this one also.
    I should note that I did have to setup my email account again in Hub. But that wasn't a big deal for me because I only have one (all my other email accounts route into my single account).

I did not lose any contacts or messages though (which I wouldn't expect to happen with just a reset of the app since that data is stored elsewhere, but it might just be my setup too).

Also, I don't use Chrome (I'm using the chromium Edge browser from Microsoft) so I didn't do anything with it either.
    02-15-20 09:06 AM