Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So the KEY2 screen is not the biggest, I don't care. But the default settings didn't feel optimal for me as they didn't really optimize the content for the screen real estate. So with a few simple tweaks, I made the screen feel much bigger than it actually is and decided to share it with you guys

1 Go to Settings -> About phone and tap on the build numer 5 times to enable Developer Options.
    2 Go to Settings -> System -> Developer options and scroll down to the Smallest width setting.
    3 Change it to a different value. I have it set it to 520dp, but make it a bit bigger if it's too small for you.
    4 Go to the Play Store and install SystemUI Tuner (an app made by an XDA member).
    5 Open the app and follow the instructions to enable the correct permissions for it.
    6 Go to Immersive Mode and enable FULL immersive mode.
    7 Open up some of your favorite apps and optionally, add a few apps to the Immersive Mode blacklist if they don't work right with Immersive Mode. I personally found that BBM didn't play well with Immersive Mode (text input was a bit buggy), so I added it to the blacklist, but all of my other installed apps work just fine.
    8 Enjoy your new experience

Before:

After:
    Last edited by Vistaus; 11-26-18 at 12:13 PM.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-25-18 04:22 PM
    What...No screen shot...
    arkenoi likes this.
    11-25-18 08:18 PM
    Agreed some before/after screenshots would be helpful and much appreciated!
    11-26-18 06:51 AM
    Added screen shots. In the CrackBerry app, text looks a bit blurry on the screen shots, but I can assure you that it's just as crisp as always in real life.
    11-26-18 12:14 PM
    Added screen shots. In the CrackBerry app, text looks a bit blurry on the screen shots, but I can assure you that it's just as crisp as always in real life.
    Basically we just gain the space that's in the top status bar.

Man your font is set to so damn small!
    11-26-18 01:00 PM
    Basically we just gain the space that's in the top status bar.

Man your font is set to so damn small!
    And more text on the screen. Also, it's not small in real life, the screen shot is a bit off (that's why I hate screen shots). But like I said: you can make it a bit bigger (and even skip Immersive Mode). The point is that you gain space anyway. Try it out for yourself to see what you really gain.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 11-26-18 at 01:32 PM.
    11-26-18 01:18 PM
    any risks to doing this?
    11-26-18 03:01 PM
    any risks to doing this?
    None.
    11-26-18 04:41 PM
    None.
    its asking me to connect my phone to laptop. is that normal?
    11-26-18 05:19 PM
    its asking me to connect my phone to laptop. is that normal?
    Yes, to give the needed permission to write secure settings.
    11-26-18 05:20 PM
    Ah OK.

I don't have a standard usb connector on my laptop. Will have to find a different laptop
    11-26-18 05:24 PM
    Yes, to give the needed permission to write secure settings.
    Why is immersive mode needed anyway? All of this works just by changing the DP. You don't need SystemUI Tuner app to enable SystemTuner. The app, in this case, is only needed for Immersive Mode and the blacklist.
    11-26-18 09:18 PM
    Why is immersive mode needed anyway? All of this works just by changing the DP.
    I use immersive mode just to hide this hideous colorful app dependent Android status bar

I find notification tone or vibrate mode sufficient to alert me of a new message! I really don't need to see this icon/s in the status bar everywhere I go....my mind is like "OK, I got a message...now go away, not now!"

But that's just me. Android. Choice.
    11-26-18 09:24 PM
    I use immersive mode just to hide this hideous colorful app dependent Android status bar

I find notification tone or vibrate mode sufficient to alert me of a new message! I really don't need to see this icon/s in the status bar everywhere I go....my mind is like "OK, I got a message...now go away, not now!"

But that's just me. Android. Choice.
    Sure, but what I'm saying is in this case it's not *needed*. As you stated yourself, Android. Choice. It's additional, optional step here. @Mecuryuser asked if it was normal for it to need a laptop, which it is, but step itself is optional.
    11-26-18 09:25 PM
    Sure, but what I'm saying is in this case it's not *needed*. As you stated yourself, Android. Choice. It's additional, optional step here.
    Yup! I agree with you.
    11-26-18 09:26 PM
    I had my KEYone set to 520, but not for a bigger screen "feel". It alters the rendering on browsers, providing a desktop view without begging for it. The font is much smaller, and that I do also appreciate, with the exception of a couple apps, who's text size become minuscule.

SystemUI Tuner doesn't come without risk. You can really muck things up if you start playing around, and there's no default to return to. If used for several settings, I suggest documenting the original settings, and returning to them if you decide to uninstall the app. Personally, I've never felt the need to go beyond what's available in the native options.
    11-26-18 10:55 PM
    I had my KEYone set to 520, but not for a bigger screen "feel". It alters the rendering on browsers, providing a desktop view without begging for it. The font is much smaller, and that I do also appreciate, with the exception of a couple apps, who's text size become minuscule.

SystemUI Tuner doesn't come without risk. You can really muck things up if you start playing around, and there's no default to return to. If used for several settings, I suggest documenting the original settings, and returning to them if you decide to uninstall the app. Personally, I've never felt the need to go beyond what's available in the native options.
    I never experience forced desktop mode on the KEY2 and I've yet to come across an app where the font size is miniscule. But like I said in the OP: you can always increase the font size a little bit, you'll still gain space.

I agree about SystemUI Tuner though, but it's the only easy way I know of to enable Immersive Mode *and* control the blacklist. So just use it for that and nothing else and you're fine.
    11-27-18 12:12 PM
    I never experience forced desktop mode on the KEY2
    Try FireFox in landscape mode on CrackBerry.

I've yet to come across an app where the font size is miniscule.
    My Verizon is the worst.
    11-27-18 08:08 PM