I'm trying to make my battery last longer.... really by cleaning up my own habits as well, and by being less reliant on my phone.

Is there some sort of battery saver mode, or sleep mode or something i can put the phone on at night? Short of actually turning it off.... what would be the next best thing to keep battery usage overnight at a minimum?
    06-11-19 01:39 PM
    Is there some sort of battery saver mode
    How have you used your device for as long as you have and not spotted the battery saver mode? I thought it was part of the initial things it alerts you about after setup. Go to Settings>Battery>Battery Saver Mode. Tap on it to view all options. Or swipe down from the Notification Shade and tap on Battery saver. If that's not sufficient there are other apps and such you can use like Greenify.
    06-11-19 01:57 PM
    There are many things that all help.

- Battery saver on as Blaize says (apps don't update as much and background data is restricted).
    - Lower brightness and screen timer (battery saver does this for you as well).
    - Reduce email sync intervals (I find once an hour is enough).
    - I use tasker to set night and day profiles with almost all connectivity turned off at night.
    - In dark situations I find the lowest screen brightness is still too bright, and use Screen filter to lower it further.
    - I use dark mode apps as much as possible. How much difference if any this makes is debatable as the screen isn't OLED but it sure looks better IMO.
    - Use power centre to optimise everything.
    - Turn down keyboard brightness and that of the home buttons.

Lastly I find Gsam / Accubattery or similar with deeper access granted via ADB helpful to further analyse battery stats.

Generally I keep cache clear, close apps when I leave them and use a system tuner every now and then. Having done a hard reset today that seems to have made a difference as well.
    06-11-19 02:14 PM

- Battery saver on as Blaize says (apps don't update as much and background data is restricted).
    - I use tasker to set night and day profiles with almost all connectivity turned off at night.
    - In dark situations I find the lowest screen brightness is still too bright, and use Screen filter to lower it further.
    - I use dark mode apps as much as possible. How much difference if any this makes is debatable as the screen isn't OLED but it sure looks better IMO.

Lastly I find Gsam / Accubattery or similar with deeper access granted via ADB helpful to further analyse battery stats.

Generally I keep cache clear, close apps when I leave them and use a system tuner every now and then. Having done a hard reset today that seems to have made a difference as well.
    How do I "close" apps... as in actually exit them, ive always wondered that about android. Is hitting the X enough?

Also how do I clear caches?
    06-11-19 02:22 PM
    How do I "close" apps... as in actually exit them, ive always wondered that about android. Is hitting the X enough?

Also how do I clear caches?
    Square button then clear all.

I've used button mapper to reassign long press of the back key to kill an app as well.
    06-12-19 03:32 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but i see a way to toggle "battery saver mode" on and off..... but how do I pick what battery saver mode does? Any way to customize it?
    06-13-19 12:45 AM
    no way to customise that I'm aware of
    06-13-19 02:18 AM
    I turn Wi-Fi and data off at night and put the phone on a charger on a timer plug so it's not charging all night. I also don't use the auto update for apps as I want to read the reviews on a app update before deciding whether to update it. I also use the DND set to priority calls only and the alarm clock to waken me.
    06-13-19 05:09 AM
    I've used button mapper to reassign long press of the back key to kill an app as well.
    sorry... what do you mean using button mapper... to kill an app?
    06-13-19 11:23 AM
    sorry... what do you mean using button mapper... to kill an app?
    This.
    Attached Thumbnails Is there sleep mode or something?-31033.jpg  
    06-13-19 12:12 PM
    @mikeath, downloaded some freeware noads mapper but they dont have "kill app" or similar action
    06-13-19 09:48 PM
    yeah sorry the one I use is paid like $4
    06-14-19 05:52 AM