I mainly want it for the larger, 128GB internal storage, not for the second sim card slot.

1. Are there any downsides or missing features?
    2. Will the dual-sim version work in Australia?
    3. Does any version of the Key2 support pointer mode?

Thanks in advance for answering my question.
    10-24-18 04:10 PM
    I'm expecting my Dual-SIM Friday. I'll report back as to my experience and whether it works on the T-Mobile GSM network here in the US. If WiFi Calling and 4gLTE work on both lines, that will be AMAZING! As to any downsides, I can't imaging how you would have any negatives especially if you're just on one SIM. If you go to my Threads, look for those that I have created regarding Dual-SIM. There is a CB user from Australia that ordered his 128 Dual-SIM from HK and he stated that everything worked perfectly, only that his carrier over there does not provide WiFi Calling, so that could not be tested, but he was getting full 4gLTE.
    10-24-18 04:39 PM
    keep in mind that you can just insert a 128gb SD card as I currently have in my KeyOne and it works like a charm.

Here's the post from the gent I in Australia (Sydney). "TheBond"

QUOTE=TheBond;13292190]I've got a dual sim variant here in Australia and it works just fine.
    The variant I have was actually sourced from HKG (BBF100-6, to be precise).[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can message him through the forum.
    10-24-18 04:40 PM
    I mainly want it for the larger, 128GB internal storage, not for the second sim card slot.

I've got Dual Sim 64 GB variant BBF100-6.
    It works fine for me on Telstra here in Sydney, Australia (except for WiFi calling, which is thanks to Telstra). The video calling works in 4G areas.

By Pointer Mode, you mean mouse like feature from Developers Option, then it doesn't work in KEY² regardless of the variant. If you meant double tap to get pointer (aka cursor on text field for easy selection etc) then yes it works.

Make sure you don't get Chinese variant without Google Services. Rest you should be fine.
    10-24-18 04:48 PM
    It works fine for me on Telstra here in Sydney, Australia (except for WiFi calling, which is thanks to Telstra). The video calling works in 4G areas.

By Pointer Mode, you mean mouse like feature from Developers Option, then it doesn't work in KEY² regardless of the variant. If you meant double tap to get pointer (aka cursor on text field for easy selection etc) then yes it works.

Make sure you don't get Chinese variant without Google Services. Rest you should be fine.
    For pointer mode, you can install Reachability Cursor from the Play Store. Love that app!
    TheBond and Luke Beauchamp like this.
    10-24-18 05:19 PM
    For pointer mode, you can install Reachability Cursor from the Play Store. Love that app!
    Looks good but it doesn't work with the PKB, I guess that's what he was after. When I can touch the screen, I can pretty much click wherever I want. Perhaps there are some good useful things you can do with it.
    10-24-18 05:24 PM
    By Pointer Mode, you mean mouse like feature from Developers Option, then it doesn't work in KEY² regardless of the variant.
    I meant the mouse feature. It is unfortunate they didn't include it this time around. I'm aware of 128GB SD cards and I'll probably use an SD card anyway but Android.

Thanks for your answers so far. I have some follow up questions.

1. Does the wobbly space bar issue affect all/most Key2s?
    2. Is it true that the swipe up to autocomplete feature is much slower on the Key2 compared with the Priv?
    3. How's the build quality of the Key2?
    10-24-18 05:31 PM
    Keyone dual sim wifi calling never worked, so rolling the dice. 2nd sim was 3g only on keyone, dont know about key2. No sd card if 2nd sim inserted.
    10-24-18 05:35 PM
    Looks good but it doesn't work with the PKB, I guess that's what he was after. When I can touch the screen, I can pretty much click wherever I want. Perhaps there are some good useful things you can do with it.
    Well, my hands aren't that big, so I can't easily reach the top part of the screen without overstretching my fingers. Said app really comes in handy, but I also use it to click on things on the middle of the screen if I already swiped to activate 'cause why not.
    10-24-18 05:38 PM
    I was looking at a dual-version on ebay. I'm not sure if it's the Chinese version. It has a normal qwerty keyboard.

Does the Chinese version look different? Does it have Chinese characters on the keyboard?
    10-24-18 05:44 PM
    I was looking at a dual-version on ebay. I'm not sure if it's the Chinese version. It has a normal qwerty keyboard.

Does the Chinese version look different? Does it have Chinese characters on the keyboard?
    It looks same. You need to ask them the model version and then check on the Internet or here in Crackberry. For eg BBF100-4 is what you need to avoid.

More on this at https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...iants-1143314/
    10-24-18 05:50 PM
    I meant the mouse feature. It is unfortunate they didn't include it this time around. I'm aware of 128GB SD cards and I'll probably use an SD card anyway but Android.

Thanks for your answers so far. I have some follow up questions.

1. Does the wobbly space bar issue affect all/most Key2s?
    2. Is it true that the swipe up to autocomplete feature is much slower on the Key2 compared with the Priv?
    3. How's the build quality of the Key2?
    Honestly if someone didn't tell me, I wouldn't care about the spacebar. Either ways, I don't actually feel it or even think about it any more. The spacebar feels different to other keys since its different material, has fingerprint sensor and doesn't have capacitive touch. If you aren't that picky, you wouldn't notice (of course after initial observations thanks to Crackberry)

KEY² in any definition is an upgrade from previous BlackBerry Android PKB devices, period. I have felt no lag, multi tasking works pretty well, keyboard is probably the best in Android and swiping gesture has improved a lot. It's nothing closed to Passport though.

The worst thing about the phone is the camera. Rest you can live with.
    10-24-18 05:54 PM

Have dual SIM Key2 but tested only with one SIM so far. Most obvious drawback is that SIM2 takes the place of microSD card.

Hence the dual SIM usually has 128 Gb storage, because you must choose between SIM2 and microSD.
    10-24-18 06:13 PM
    The worst thing about the phone is the camera. Rest you can live with.
    How bad is the camera? Is it at least fast? The camera on my Priv is very slow.
    10-24-18 11:23 PM
    How bad is the camera? Is it at least fast? The camera on my Priv is very slow.
    I can't recall the camera on my PRIV to be honest but the keyboard quality was a little better on PRIV.

With the current software, I wouldn't say the camera is anything to brag about. It's below par at best. Unless BlackBerry releases software patch to fix it (the hardware itself is neat), you will be disappointed
    10-24-18 11:30 PM
    Got a bbf100-4 128GB working in Sydney on Optus. Reception is excellent, seeing as it supports all of the optus frequencies. VoLTE works too (as long as i clear phone services data, then reboot) Wifi calling does not work. Get one with 128GB internal, firstly so the flash memory takes longer to wear out and slow down, secondly because you'll lose the sd capability whe using a second sim.

As others have said, get one with google services installed.
    Otherwise you'll have to install them manually like I have, and re-enable them after some firmware updates. FYI my spacebar doesn't wobble, or have any flaws I can see. Camera at night is not as good as K1.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-25-18 05:43 PM
    So that was great info from everyone. I'll add in my 2 cents...

I was part of the select few trying to get the KeyOne Dual-SIM variant to work here in the US. We could only get 4G to work, but VoLTE and WiFi Calling features could not be activated. After speaking to a high tier T-Mo engineer, who in turn communicated directly with BlackBerry Mobile, they stated that the settings were hard coded into the firmware and there not changeable. Even when we tried using alternate methods, it was just reset upon reboot.

That said, after some of my own tech research, it seems on the Key2, all features may just work in the US. It MUST be a BBF100-6 variant, (Not Chinese BBF100-4 or other), which is QWERTY. This version is usually available through BlackBerry Mobile in Germany and UK, but not sure about anything coming from the East (HK, China, etc). I will be receiving mine tomorrow and will start the setup and testing. Upon my findings, I will immediately communicate here and on another thread on CB. I will also state that I inquired (and communicated, or at least tried) as to various resellers of this specific variant from Ebay and Amazon. I will also comment on this experience as well this weekend, with my recommendation as to a reseller I found to be knowledgeable and exceptional on not only answering as best possible my questions, but actually answered the phone!!

As for PRIV to Key2, I had the PRIV for over 2 years, and I will tell you that the KeyOne was a huge improvement on camera speed and overall performance, I can only imagine what the Key2 will be like.
    10-25-18 06:38 PM
    That said, after some of my own tech research, it seems on the Key2, all features may just work in the US.
    No matter. I don't live in the US.

Got dual sim Key2 and installed Reachability Cursor. It works pretty good. With this app I could even use a phablet one handed.
    11-05-18 07:53 PM
    on another thread someone said Hotspot doesn't work for them on the dual-sim, but it works on same network with single Sim variant.
    11-05-18 10:45 PM
    on another thread someone said Hotspot doesn't work for them on the dual-sim, but it works on same network with single Sim variant.
    Once I get mine repaired under warranty (I Hope!), I'll post here and let you know.
    11-09-18 08:27 AM
    Once I get mine repaired under warranty (I Hope!), I'll post here and let you know.
    Oh no... you dual Sim keytwo is broken? I was waiting on this report...
    11-20-18 12:33 PM
    No real issues here....dual WhatsApp the other sim does not always provide me with notifications. Other than that 👌
    11-20-18 01:54 PM
    Is BlackBerry planning to release a DualSim Key2 in the USA? What's the point of releasing a Key2 LE option but not the main Key2? I've been waiting, but holding off because I'm not sure of the reliability of purchasing an "international" version (which is only available in black unfortunately). Can anybody share a link to a reputable purchase area for the Key2 dual sim (128gb) version that will work in the USA on ATT?
    11-20-18 02:15 PM

Other than not having the play store pre-installed what's the downside here? I've never had an android without Google services but I can imagine there wil be less tracking and less advertising.
    11-20-18 03:19 PM
    I believe that the biggest issue with Dual Sim is that it takes room. Otherwise it’s very useful for someone who has a second business line or who travel a lot.

BB bought a company that did virtual sims... I wonder why they never pushed that technology. Now that esim is on the way and has support from the latest Pixel and iPhone, hopefully blackberry don’t wait too long!
    11-20-18 05:47 PM
33 12