I'm by no means a power user so when the attached showed up I went to settings trying to find a reason why all of a sudden the original text message jumps up the screen when I reply and also why the words are being underlined as I type. When my phone is unlocked, I tend to randomly touch the screen so there are times when I inadvertently open an app or a setting. I may have "messed up a setting" but I can't figure out what I accidentally changed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Text messaging displays extra space and underlining words-screenshot-text-words-being-underlined.png
    Attached Thumbnails Text messaging displays extra space and underlining words-screenshot-text-words-being-underlined.png  
    10-14-21 05:19 PM
    I think the underlining is normal. I'm sure someone else can explain that.
    I definitely noticed the extra space recently. I sent a note to the Messages team about it. It's like they're making space for the software keyboard. I believe it's a bug and I hope they fix it, but we're not exactly their top priority over there.
    10-14-21 07:03 PM
    I'm by no means a power user so when the attached showed up I went to settings trying to find a reason why all of a sudden the original text message jumps up the screen when I reply and also why the words are being underlined as I type. When my phone is unlocked, I tend to randomly touch the screen so there are times when I inadvertently open an app or a setting. I may have "messed up a setting" but I can't figure out what I accidentally changed. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    There is a bug with the latest Messages app release which creates that huge gap. The only thing left to do is either downgrade to previous version or simply wait until it gets fixed.
    Hint: If you tap on the text field before you start typing it with function normally.
    Guanacoracer and bibbula like this.
    10-14-21 07:05 PM
    ...a bug with the latest Messages app....
    What messages app is that?
    10-14-21 08:19 PM
    Happening to mine too. Its the native SMS that comes with the Key2, at least mine is.
    10-14-21 08:27 PM
    There is a bug with the latest Messages app release which creates that huge gap. The only thing left to do is either downgrade to previous version or simply wait until it gets fixed.
    Hint: If you tap on the text field before you start typing it with function normally.
    I noticed the big gap as well. Its just annoying.
    10-15-21 01:48 AM
    Google Messages.
    10-15-21 11:49 PM