I'm surprised there hasn't been more reports here on the terrible quality of the microphone on the KEY² when using WhatsApp or Duo video calling for instance. I can barely make myself heard and whenever I can I just switch to a computer to carry on a conversation. My daughter is spending the year abroad and we video call quite a bit. The experience has proven to be quite frustrating...No problem on KEY1 as I recall.
    Mike Benadiba likes this.
    08-12-18 02:37 PM
    have the same, no clue what's causing it though...
    Interestingly, had this only when calling my gf who has an iphone. My mum has a Samsung, my best friend nexus 5 and I have no issues with the video calls.
    08-12-18 03:33 PM
    have the same, no clue what's causing it though...
    Interestingly, had this only when calling my gf who has an iphone. My mum has a Samsung, my best friend nexus 5 and I have no issues with the video calls.
    Interesting. Everyone else has an iPhone in my house so could not try it with a different phone.
    08-12-18 04:16 PM
    did you find a solution for your problem? its annoying me so much
    08-12-18 05:04 PM
    Bump. If you have Twitter, you can also contact BlackBerry Mobile @bbmobile and let them know about this issue there.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 07:45 PM
    Bump. If you have Twitter, you can also contact BlackBerry Mobile @bbmobile and let them know about this issue there.

Posted via CB10
    I emailed BlackBerry Support about this yesterday. Waiting for a response.
    08-13-18 12:37 AM
    Agree. It's actually more than just annoying if you need to cut a conversation short because of that, which I've had to do a few times. Really hope there is a possible fix to that.
    08-13-18 12:40 AM
    How's regular voice calls on whatsapp? Is it just the video that's bad?
    08-13-18 04:02 AM
    I think i have the same issue, my girlfriend also couldn't hear me over the WeChat video call, she has a galaxy S8 though.
    08-13-18 05:37 AM
    How's regular voice calls on whatsapp? Is it just the video that's bad?
    I'll try that as soon as I can. It should be like a regular voice call though and work fine. I'll it give it a shot though.
    The problem is it's terrible. I could deal with average but having to cut a conversation short is another matter altogether.
    08-13-18 06:13 AM
    I'll try that as soon as I can. It should be like a regular voice call though and work fine. I'll it give it a shot though.
    The problem is it's terrible. I could deal with average but having to cut a conversation short is another matter altogether.
    So some software bug is giving crap voice quality when the camera and mic are being used at the same time it seems
    xubabi likes this.
    08-13-18 07:55 AM
    Yes, thats right. If only the microphone in a call for Whatsapp/DUO its working. But only when camera gets up in a call. Its working fine with snapchat when taking video for story, but as soon as I start a Video call in same app the voice got so low so it can't be heared.
    08-13-18 09:32 AM
    https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/

Let them know about the issue!
    08-14-18 01:24 AM
    Ought to be a beta report system to report these different bugs...
    08-14-18 10:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem making WhatsApp video calls to my girlfriend (who's using an iPhone 7). It's usually so bad I have to stop the call and switch to FaceTime (on my Mac).
    08-15-18 12:42 PM
    I was worried a out this, but did a Whatsapp video chat with the family today and no issues. I explicitly asked if audio was loud and clear.
    08-15-18 05:08 PM
    I was worried a out this, but did a Whatsapp video chat with the family today and no issues. I explicitly asked if audio was loud and clear.
    That's actually a worse thing. If its working for you, then this might be another hardware issue.
    Perhaps you've got a newer build than these guys. Have you also tried Duo and Skype?
    08-15-18 06:08 PM
    That's actually a worse thing. If its working for you, then this might be another hardware issue.
    Perhaps you've got a newer build than these guys. Have you also tried Duo and Skype?
    How can it be a hardware issue if phone call quality is ok.
    08-15-18 07:12 PM
    How can it be a hardware issue if phone call quality is ok.
    The camera and mic working together. Might be something blown off. Either it should be failing for everyone or fair few.
    Having someone who has it working means, it could be that he has that others dont.

It may still be a software issue and doing a factory reset may fix it. Sometimes some apps in-conjuction to each other can block certain hardware features.
    08-15-18 07:26 PM
    The camera and mic working together. Might be something blown off. Either it should be failing for everyone or fair few.
    Having someone who has it working means, it could be that he has that others dont.

It may still be a software issue and doing a factory reset may fix it. Sometimes some apps in-conjuction to each other can block certain hardware features.
    I just seems like a very hardware fault. I have no guess what kind of variable hardware fault would cause this...

We will see...
    08-15-18 07:31 PM
    I still vote for software issue if normal phone calls are crystal clear, and front facing camera is ok.
    08-16-18 05:11 AM
    Interesting that this is such an issue with some apps as it works fine with BBM video chats, at least in my experience. Very clear audio.
    08-16-18 12:04 PM
    I'll give it a try tonight with Duo, BBM and Skype.
    08-16-18 01:00 PM
    I've been using Duo for video chatting and have not experienced this issue. I am coming through loud and clear to the people I video chat with. I don't have Whatsapp installed and have never used it.
    08-16-18 03:14 PM
    So tried Duo and BBM (couldn't do Skype). Sound is terrible on BBM (somewhat like WhatsApp) and fine with DUO.
    I don't get it, completely inconsistent, depending on the app...
    Last edited by Laramie50; 08-16-18 at 04:42 PM.
    08-16-18 03:39 PM
27 12