The update support of TCL / BlackBerry really sucks more and more.

I'm still on the July patch.
    How about the promised monthly security updates?
    This is scam on the customers!
    This is not acceptable any longer.
    I will sell my Key2 and change to a company who is holding their promises.

Believe me the end of BlackBerry is near.
    Last edited by joergbrandt; 09-11-19 at 04:24 PM.
    09-11-19 06:21 AM
    The update policy of TCL / BlackBerry really sucks more and more.

It was always an experiment to see if TCL could do what BlackBerry had not been able to.

By the way there never really was a promises with the KEY2 of patches or updates... you and others read way to much into the Android Recommended program, that clearly wasn't there.
    hemodad and Vistaus like this.
    09-11-19 07:04 AM
    It was always an experiment to see if TCL could do what BlackBerry had not been able to.

By the way there never really was a promises with the KEY2 of patches or updates... you and others read way to much into the Android Recommended program, that clearly wasn't there.
    On the German product site you could read about the monthly updates.
    09-11-19 07:12 AM

09-11-19 07:12 AM
    The update policy of TCL / BlackBerry really sucks more and more.

I guess you haven't been spending much time in the forums here lately.

TCL owes BlackBerry a lot of money, and BlackBerry is holding back the updates until they pay up.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-11-19 07:17 AM

TCL owes BlackBerry a lot of money, and BlackBerry is holding back the updates until they pay up.
    So BlackBerry is fighting this fight on the back of the users?!?
    This ain't my problem.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-11-19 07:29 AM
    This ain't my problem.
    TCL is BlackBerry's only customer with respect to devices. If they don't pay, they don't get.

You DO have a problem, and it's with TCL.
    anon(10218918) and Vistaus like this.
    09-11-19 07:30 AM

Exactly..anyone expecting any promises being kept etc needs to move on. The blackberry TCL partner ship is what it is.
    09-11-19 07:42 AM
    English site for the KEY2 and LE doesn't say anything about them, and never has... as I pointed out last year. But last year some put a lot of faith in the Enterprise Recommended program. I think last year TCL was thinking ahead... only slip up was one slide sent out to early reviewers.

KEYone had info on patches and updates under it's product info....
    09-11-19 07:54 AM
    This ain't my problem.
    Aren't all labour disputes fought on the backs of the consumer? Service cuts and closures while on strike. Just an example.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-11-19 08:21 AM
    Aren't all labour disputes fought on the backs of the consumer? Service cuts and closures while on strike. Just an example.
    And now I should feel better?
    09-11-19 08:29 AM
    april ,april 2019 may 2018 and doubt to buy a new key device so I bought another brand. Trust is away and must say I miss a my keyboard on my keyone
    anon(10572925) likes this.
    09-11-19 08:34 AM
    And now I should feel better?
    That's your responsibility to make yourself feel better. It came across as you being shocked that a labour dispute would hurt consumers.
    09-11-19 08:41 AM
    That's your responsibility to make yourself feel better. It came across as you being shocked that a labour dispute would hurt consumers.
    Some say this is called deception......
    09-11-19 08:44 AM
    april ,april 2019 may 2018 and doubt to buy a new key device so I bought another brand. Trust is away and must say I miss a my keyboard on my keyone
    I think it's more future proof to buy a Huawei, than a Blackberry atm.
    09-11-19 08:45 AM
    Hm.. From here, that sounds a lot like BlackBerry cutting off its nose to spite its face. And it sounds like very short-term thinking for a company that's on the rebound.. Will see what happens..

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-11-19 09:00 AM
    Hm.. From here, that sounds a lot like BlackBerry cutting off its nose to spite its face. And it sounds like very short-term thinking for a company that's on the rebound.. Will see what happens..

Posted via CB10
    So you believe BlackBerry should be supplying millions of dollars worth of services/IP to TCL without being paid?

A few hundred thousand TCL handset users has almost no thread of connection to any of BlackBerry's current customers.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-11-19 09:02 AM
    Hopefully BlackBerry and TCL can kiss and make up and move on and be best friends again.
    IdBeats likes this.
    09-11-19 09:13 AM
    So you believe BlackBerry should be supplying millions of dollars worth of services/IP to TCL without being paid?

A few hundred thousand TCL handset users has almost no thread of connection to any of BlackBerry's current customers.
    No, send them a bill, maintain BlackBerry's good name, then sue them if and when it all falls apart.

Your last statement may be correct, and I defer to your knowledge of these matters. At the same time, I still suspect that BlackBerry's business with TCL - which carries the BlackBerry name - qualitatively synergizes more with the current business focus than may appear on the quantitative balance sheets.

But maybe that suspicion is incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-11-19 09:15 AM
    No, send them a bill, maintain BlackBerry's good name, then sue them if and when it all falls apart.
    The law requires you to migrate losses. If BlackBerry continues to supply services while not being paid, they would completely undermine their case.

There are also deep challenges with suing a Chinese company.

I suggest that BlackBerry believes that today is a better day to negotiate rather than a year from now. I don't think this is over quite yet.
    09-11-19 09:18 AM
    In the pecking order, BB obligation is to it’s shareholders first and it’s customers second.

BB customers are only it’s licensees from shareholder and legal perspective.

BBMo obligation is to it’s shareholders first and it’s customers second as well.

It would appear from the very beginning that business structure was setup in anticipation of this kind of situation. BBMo only has one shareholder as it’s owned by TCT which is only partly owned by TCL as private equity owners have ownership stake.

TCL has protected itself and it’s new phones and other products. TCL easily could pay the money owed as they’re a giant conglomerate and BB is small potatoes size wise. BB is playing the hand as best it can to win it's due.
    09-11-19 10:20 AM

If you're going by the forum rumors that's only half the story, the same poster also said they aren't paying because BlackBerry was trying to raise their fees.

https://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...umors-1174843/
    09-11-19 12:32 PM
    If you're going by the forum rumors that's only half the story, the same poster also said they aren't paying because BlackBerry was trying to raise their fees.

Although we don't know if that contingency was covered by the initial licencing agreement. I suspect it was a clause in the contract.
    09-11-19 12:34 PM

I suspect raising of fees would simply be a minimum base charge since minimum quantity volume isn’t being met.
    09-11-19 12:35 PM
    I suspect raising of fees would simply be a minimum base charge since minimum quantity volume isn’t being met.
    And bottom line I think that is the issue... sales haven't allowed for the three licensees to cover their cost, much less be able to pay BlackBerry.

We can hope that they part ways amicable and that users do at least get updates of some type (maybe quarterly) for the two years expected.
    09-12-19 08:55 AM
33 12