Here is a summation for my old Key 2 story.

- I bought a silver Key 2 for my brother from GoTalk USA in July 2020.
    - The space bar had an issue after almost a year, and my brother returned it to me and bought a new Z Flip.
    - I contacted BlackBerry Mobile, but no one responded to my emails or calls.
    - I then contacted TCL directly. Firstly, they denied to provide a warranty and claimed that my device is no longer supported. Later, they verified my order details and accepted the repair.

- Almost two months later (September), they sent me an email said that they no longer have spare parts and agreed to pay me $40 for the space bar issue. By the way, They didn't ask me to send the phone for diagnosis.

- I rejected this offer and tried other routes. After many calls and emails, my case was finally escalated to one of TCL support manager.
    - I waited two more months until I received a new device in mail.
    - Shipping was from China. They didn't even mention that was a replacement device or any kind of information inside the package. They didn't even ask me to send my old one.
    - I contacted the manager regarding this shipment last week. I first thanked him for this big surprise and asked him how could I send the defective Key 2 back!. Today, I got his reply. "Thanks and welcome".

Lol 😂

I had a similar case with my old Priv.
    Do you have any suggestions?

Should I keep the new Key2 or sell it?
    Could I use it now safely as a primary device?TCL support: New Key2-102591.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails TCL support: New Key2-102593.jpg  
    12-05-21 08:22 AM

- The space bar had an issue after almost a year, and my brother returned it to me and bought a new Z Flip.
    - I then contacted TCL directly. Firstly, they denied to provide a warranty and claimed that my device is no longer supported. Later, they verified my order details and accepted the repair.

- Almost two months later (September), they sent me an email said that they no longer have spare parts and agreed to pay me $40 for the space bar issue. By the way, They didn't ask me to send the phone for diagnosis.

- I rejected this offer and tried other routes. After many calls and emails, my case was finally escalated to one of TCL support manager.
    - Shipping was from China. They didn't even mention that was a replacement device or any kind of information inside the package. They didn't even ask me to send my old one.
    - I contacted the manager regarding this shipment last week. I first thanked him for this big surprise and asked him how could I send the defective Key 2 back!. Today, I got his reply. "Thanks and welcome".

Lol

Could I use it now safely as a primary device?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102591.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	451339
    Wow!!! So for a defective silver spacebar they sent you a brand new red one??

My advice: Sell it as brand new sealed on eBay, that's how you can get top dollar for it.

If you really wanted to use a KEY2 in 2022, you can just find cheaper ones on eBay too but they won't be red. If it's in decent condition it'll give you the same exact user experience.
    12-05-21 09:57 AM

Lol ������

Could I use it now safely as a primary device?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102591.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	451339
    Sell it and …….

12-05-21 10:59 AM
    Wow!!! So for a defective silver spacebar they sent you a brand new red one??

My advice: Sell it as brand new sealed on eBay, that's how you can get top dollar for it.

If you really wanted to use a KEY2 in 2022, you can just find cheaper ones on eBay too but they won't be red. If it's in decent condition it'll give you the same exact user experience.
    I was very surprised when I got it, but It wasn't easy at all. I wasted so much time and lots of arguing in order to be connected to that manager who was extremely helpful.

Do you have any idea about the current selling price of this variant?
    12-05-21 11:33 AM
    Sell it and …….

😂😂😂

Is the Key2 still safe to use?
    12-05-21 11:34 AM
    I was very surprised when I got it, but It wasn't easy at all. I wasted so much time and lots of arguing in order to be connected to that manager who was extremely helpful.

A sealed BNIB Red Edition Key2 can sell from US $1,500 - $2,000 on average. You've hit a jackpot.
    pdr733 likes this.
    12-05-21 12:01 PM

Hmm, I'd think $1000 easily. Could be even $1200 or more. But with eBay's greedy 12.55% fees and then shipping (you're gonna want to purchase some insurance and maybe tracking confirmation) a $1000 sale price would end up with $860 or so.

Is the Key2 still safe to use?
    Lol, did you forget where you are posting?

The general answer here is that you should only use it for basic stuff like calls, sms, calculator and CB forums and not have a single piece of personal data on the phone. Anything other than that and you are asking to get hacked/harvested.

I have repeatedly posted a list of steps to take to stay safe on an "outdated" unpatched device but that gets ignored and they'll say it's still not safe and to just be happy on a slab.
    12-05-21 12:04 PM

I have repeatedly posted a list of steps to take to stay safe on an "outdated" unpatched device but that gets ignored and they'll say it's still not safe and to just be happy on a slab.
    It's not ignored. They are all good tips. But ultimately, having a currently supported and patched device is equally important as good behaviour.
    12-05-21 12:06 PM
    Thank you for these tips.

I'm still surprised why is TCL still having new and sealed discontinued devices!
    12-05-21 12:31 PM
    Thank you for these tips.

I'm still surprised why is TCL still having new and sealed discontinued devices!
    They had committed to stop selling devices in Aug 2020 in order to put an end date of their support cycle requirement.

They weren't able to get rid of their old inventory by then, and are using it for things like this.
    12-05-21 12:38 PM
    They had committed to stop selling devices in Aug 2020 in order to put an end date of their support cycle requirement.

They weren't able to get rid of their old inventory by then, and are using it for things like this.
    Or that manager just wanted from me to shut up and send me the one in his collection.

😂😂😂
    12-05-21 12:40 PM
    In your place I would definitely sell it, taking advantage of its "collectible" status and the fact that there are desperate PKBers who are ready to pay top dollar for it. Its probably worth more unused
    12-05-21 01:30 PM

How do you know this?

Just because they have a couple extra Reds around doesn't seem to indicate that they had a warehouse full of unsold KEY2's. If they were worried about leftover stock, they could have lowered the price on the BB EU Store and with their partnered retailers.
    12-05-21 02:05 PM
    How do you know this?

Just because they have a couple extra Reds around doesn't seem to indicate that they had a warehouse full of unsold KEY2's. If they were worried about leftover stock, they could have lowered the price on the BB EU Store and with their partnered retailers.
    Where did I say "warehouse full"?

The fact is, at Aug 31st 2020, whatever was left was dead inventory and couldn't be sold.
    12-05-21 02:09 PM
    Where did I say "warehouse full"?

The fact is, at Aug 31st 2020, whatever was left was dead inventory and couldn't be sold.
    I'm sure they found a way to sell them to someone somewhere before the date
    12-05-21 02:10 PM
    I'm sure they found a way to sell them to someone somewhere before the date
    Obviously they didn't.
    12-05-21 02:12 PM
    Besides complaining (I have nothing to complain about, my Key2 is pristine and still works flawlessly), how does one get their hands on this "inventory"?
    12-06-21 12:24 PM
    Besides complaining (I have nothing to complain about, my Key2 is pristine and still works flawlessly), how does one get their hands on this "inventory"?
    It seems they keep it for situations as described above.
    12-06-21 12:26 PM
    It seems they keep it for situations as described above.
    What's really stopping them from creating a consumer looking eBay account and offloading them there? Is BB gonna find out? Or gonna care if they even do?
    12-06-21 08:03 PM
    What's really stopping them from creating a consumer looking eBay account and offloading them there? Is BB gonna find out? Or gonna care if they even do?
    BlackBerry makes it's money on contract enforcement.
    irob20000 likes this.
    12-06-21 08:12 PM
    They have better things to do? It costs them less than having to fix devices?
    12-06-21 08:19 PM
    They have better things to do? It costs them less than having to fix devices?
    Maybe they'll sell them off on eBay if there's any leftover inventory after August 2022 which is their warranty support cutoff.
    12-06-21 08:22 PM
    Maybe they'll sell them off on eBay if there's any leftover inventory after August 2022 which is their warranty support cutoff.
    Maybe.

But they'll probably just toss them, or forget they even have them by then.
    12-06-21 08:23 PM
    Hi if you are interested, I would love to buy it off you, once you decide you don't need it. I amok with the spacebar issue, my fingerprint stopped working and while fixing that, I broke the antenna. Unfortunately since I purchased from someone on Facebook, I couldn't claim warranty. I live in Windsor, Ontario Canada.
    12-06-21 11:21 PM

But they'll probably just toss them
    Stupidest thing anyone can possibly do with a sealed rare phone that's still mostly serviceable.
    12-07-21 06:08 AM
44 12