That's why the next 18 months are critical - now that Cylance is coming out of its integration cycle (which is always a big drain).
    You are the most knowledgeable BlackBerry user on this forum.

What's your honest opinion on the future of BlackBerry Mobile?

Do you think the chances of a Key3 release in 2020 or even 2021 is likely?

If not, do you think BBMobile will ever release another device?

When I look back on BBMobile they've released the DTEK50 and 60 (which were just TCL phones. Idk if the Evolve or Aurora phones are TCL?

Regardless all those phones plus the Motion really were pointless in a sense. Just fillers.

The KeyOne was the break-through, and the Key2 and LE are amazing. It's just the lack of advertising and execution of releases and price that harms this brand.

Anywho enough yappin... do you think a Key3 is coming eventually? Thanks.
    10-11-19 12:34 AM
    You are the most knowledgeable BlackBerry user on this forum.

What's your honest opinion on the future of BlackBerry Mobile?

Do you think the chances of a Key3 release in 2020 or even 2021 is likely?

If not, do you think BBMobile will ever release another device?

When I look back on BBMobile they've released the DTEK50 and 60 (which were just TCL phones. Idk if the Evolve or Aurora phones are TCL?

Regardless all those phones plus the Motion really were pointless in a sense. Just fillers.

The KeyOne was the break-through, and the Key2 and LE are amazing. It's just the lack of advertising and execution of releases and price that harms this brand.

Anywho enough yappin... do you think a Key3 is coming eventually? Thanks.
    The DTEKs were BlackBerry Limited phones - but manufactured for them by TCL. Much like the Priv was manufactured for BlackBerry by Wistron.

The Aurora was a ZTE-built device, and the Evolve was assembled by Optiemus (although I don't know where they got parts from).

There is always room to be pleasantly surprised, but I have a hard time believing there will be another BlackBerry-branded device under this current licencing agreement.
    10-11-19 12:57 AM
    There is always room to be pleasantly surprised, but I have a hard time believing there will be another BlackBerry-branded device under this current licencing agreement.
    My next question would be... could this current license agreement be negotiated and changed to accommodate a Key3 device?

Also it is possible that BBMobile always had plans to release the Key3 but sales and this "license agreement" has now changed their outlook and plans, thus canceling the phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 01:02 AM
    My next question would be... could this current license agreement be negotiated and changed to accommodate a Key3 device?

Also it is possible that BBMobile always had plans to release the Key3 but sales and this "license agreement" has now changed their outlook and plans, thus canceling the phone?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure TCL would continue with devices if BlackBerry bent over backwards for them. But I just don't see BlackBerry doing that, as they have set a minimum ROI to make this worthwhile to them.
    10-11-19 01:09 AM
    One thing of note, having two speakers, "stereo" on the bottom of a phone is goofy. For stereo, there needs to be a reasonable amount of space between the speakers, like Sammy did with the Note 9, using a bottom and top speaker, which isn't bad at all for media consumption.
    10-11-19 04:19 AM
    I'm sure TCL would continue with devices if BlackBerry bent over backwards for them. But I just don't see BlackBerry doing that, as they have set a minimum ROI to make this worthwhile to them.
    BlackBerry Ltd stock just hit sub $5 a share.. the last time it's price was this low was in 2013 so yeah that isn't a good look at all either.

Oh well, I'll always enjoy blackberry machines.. just hoping they can try one more (3rd times a charm ) and release a quality Key3 with a modern screen, dual speakers, bigger battery, AMOLED screen, capacitive keys, bright backlit keys, fast processor, lots of memory, and quality material!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 07:46 AM
    I'm still curious to hold a Key2 in my hand.

Sadly I haven't yet, I've seen one in the wild though.

I want to see the differences between the Key2 and LE. I love my LE but I can just tell the Key2 is way better. Reminds me of my silver Passport (which I'm typing on rn).

Posted via CB10
    10-11-19 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd stock just hit sub $5 a share.. the last time it's price was this low was in 2013 so yeah that isn't a good look at all either.
    Which is why they should bend over backwards for TCL
    10-12-19 08:15 PM
    What does the share price have to with TCL and BlackBerry license?
    10-12-19 08:16 PM
    Which is exactly why they SHOULDN'T bend over backwards for TCL. This isn't a charity, and they need all hands on deck for their core business.
    10-12-19 08:17 PM
    Which is exactly why they SHOULDN'T bend over backwards for TCL. This isn't a charity, and they need all hands on deck for their core business.
    Well then they can say goodbye to their PKB IP patents and all the sunken costs that went into them.
    10-12-19 08:22 PM
    Well then they can say goodbye to their PKB IP patents and all the sunken costs that went into them.
    Better than losing more money.

If they decide to do that, it will be a different deal, with (likely) a different OEM.
    10-12-19 08:23 PM
    BlackBerry just needs TCL minimum payment for the five year licensing deal. It just wants that money and doesn’t really care as that should be fairly significant based on the way TCL is rumored to be so upset. If TCL doesn’t pay, it could have credibility repercussions with other business line channel partners since TCL has the capability to pay.
    10-12-19 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry just needs TCL minimum payment for the five year licensing deal. It just wants that money and doesn’t really care as that should be fairly significant based on the way TCL is rumored to be so upset. If TCL doesn’t pay, it could have credibility repercussions with other business line channel partners since TCL has the capability to pay.
    It seems as if these tech companies are suing one another all the time. Just business. Compared to most this dispute is very small and likely would go to arbitration.
    10-12-19 10:35 PM
    The DTEKs were BlackBerry Limited phones - but manufactured for them by TCL. Much like the Priv was manufactured for BlackBerry by Wistron.

The Aurora was a ZTE-built device, and the Evolve was assembled by Optiemus (although I don't know where they got parts from).

Point of order. My learned friend knows that the PRIV was designed by BlackBerry Ltd whereas the DTEK phones were essentially Alcatel phones running the BlackBerry Android OS.

The PRIV might have been a minor success if it was not plagued by an inferior processor. The Dtek’s should have guided both TCL and BlackBerry that another partnership was probably not such a great idea.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-12-19 at 11:14 PM.
    10-12-19 10:51 PM
    Point of order. My learned friend knows that the PRIV was designed by BlackBerry Ltd whereas the DTEK phones were essentially Alcatel phones running the BlackBerry Android OS.

The PRIV might have been a minor success if it was not plagued by an inferior processor. The Dtek’s should have guided both TCL and BlackBerry that any partnership might be doomed.
    Yes, BlackBerry designed the Priv from scratch, whereas they only "designed" the DTEKs by choosing from a list of components being offered by TCL. Despite many similarities to other TCL models, the DTEKs were still unique.
    10-12-19 10:56 PM
    Yes, BlackBerry designed the Priv from scratch, whereas they only "designed" the DTEKs by choosing from a list of components being offered by TCL. Despite many similarities to other TCL models, the DTEKs were still unique.
    Yes, similarities with the Alcatel 4 and 4s AKA Badge Engineering.
    10-12-19 11:29 PM
    Yes, similarities with the Alcatel 4 and 4s AKA Badge Engineering.
    The DTEK60 was similar to the TCL950, but had the higher res screen (and device storage configuration) from the 4s. It was the best one out of them all.

The DTEK50 was similar to the Idol 4, but had a unique non-slip back cover.
    Last edited by conite; 10-13-19 at 12:02 AM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-12-19 11:48 PM
    Better than losing more money.
    Explain how licensing PKB patents (that are already there) for cheap to the ONLY manufacturer that's interested in them would cost BlackBerry a thing?
    10-13-19 01:20 AM
    Explain how licensing PKB patents (that are already there) for cheap to the ONLY manufacturer that's interested in them would cost BlackBerry a thing?
    But that's not all they're doing. This started with your comment that BlackBerry should bend over backwards for TCL.
    10-13-19 06:52 AM
    As soon as the five year deal is up, then perhaps licensing just the PKB could be an option. If TCL won’t pay it’s PIE bill now, then really no point. That’s becoming concerning now. I’ve never had a problem with cheap Alcatel hardware. If TCL doesn’t pay it’s dues, it’s concerning about TCL brand commitment to mobile. I suspect TCL is just meeting the basic terms of BB licensing hoping to salvage carrier relationships for TCL in near future.
    10-13-19 07:00 AM
    As soon as the five year deal is up, then perhaps licensing just the PKB could be an option. If TCL won’t pay it’s PIE bill now, then really no point. That’s becoming concerning now. I’ve never had a problem with cheap Alcatel hardware. If TCL doesn’t pay it’s dues, it’s concerning about TCL brand commitment to mobile. I suspect TCL is just meeting the basic terms of BB licensing hoping to salvage carrier relationships for TCL in near future.
    10-13-19 07:00 AM
    Their entire mobile escapades are sunk costs. Best to amputate that gangrenous limb after the last ditch license it to the lowest bidder strategy fizzled.
    10-13-19 07:18 AM
    TCL and BlackBerry agreemement start on december 5th 2016 so if it is 5 years it will ended in december 2021. That is more then 2 years and good news.

In a interview with TCL in London (6 days ago( they answer this about BlackBerry:
    This is a long term strategy for TCL: we’re not here for short term success.”

“The first step for us is TCL Plex, this will not replace Alcatel and BlackBerry or Palm. TCL will sit above those brands and focus on the mid-tier segment”.

BlackBerry and Palm have their unique use cases. Alcatel sits in the entry point of the market and then there’s a lot of space above that we did not address, that’s where TCL sits.”

So it seems we have to wait for a new device and they didn't write off BlackBerry . So the main focus is the plex and that one s just released. I think there focus will be there for 3 months on the plex and that means next year for a BlackBerry device
    10-13-19 05:54 PM
    TCL and BlackBerry agreemement start on december 5th 2016 so if it is 5 years it will ended in december 2021. That is more then 2 years and good news.

In a interview with TCL in London (6 days ago( they answer this about BlackBerry:
    This is a long term strategy for TCL: we’re not here for short term success.”

“The first step for us is TCL Plex, this will not replace Alcatel and BlackBerry or Palm. TCL will sit above those brands and focus on the mid-tier segment”.

BlackBerry and Palm have their unique use cases. Alcatel sits in the entry point of the market and then there’s a lot of space above that we did not address, that’s where TCL sits.”

So it seems we have to wait for a new device and they didn't write off BlackBerry . So the main focus is the plex and that one s just released. I think there focus will be there for 3 months on the plex and that means next year for a BlackBerry device
    you like tasting foot dont you lol

https://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...s-1177487-new/
    10-13-19 06:13 PM
188 ... 34567 ...