And not a single car company or UEM manager could care less.
    Most of them don't even realize that BlackBerry is still an option.
    01-04-20 01:16 PM
    And not a single car company or UEM manager could care less.
    Anyway It is pretty clear that the name Blackberry is in the phone. Maybe next time BB should find a more transparent licensee.... HDM/Nokia could be one of them. Their products are very good ....
    01-04-20 01:18 PM
    Anyway It is pretty clear that the name Blackberry is in the phone. Maybe next time BB should find a more transparent licensee.... HDM/Nokia could be one of them. Their products are very good ....
    You say that as if they were lined up at the door.

In any event, TCL did a great job. There's just no market left.
    pdr733 and John Albert like this.
    01-04-20 01:50 PM
    Lol

Thumbs up for the 7.2 as well here. Running well since Xmass.
    Come and join me on the Android Central Nokia 7.2 forum.. pretty quiet in there right now.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-04-20 02:07 PM
    Anyone has been able to license a variety of their software. TCL phones are not the only ones who failed.
    01-04-20 02:35 PM
    Yep, but the damage is done once again, because there is no statement from BlackBerry.
    Damage to who? There’s not enough affected people to care for the next product that doesn’t exist from a company that is no longer in the business.
    01-04-20 02:38 PM
    I narrowed my search to just phones that run AndroidOne and under $500 CAD. HMD phones (Nokia) are made in Taiwan, LG are made in Korea and Vietnam, OnePlus, Xioami and Moto are Chinese built. Forget the Pixel 3a, 64gb and no SD card slot.... might as well just buy a camera and use a flip phone!
    So I landed upon the Nokia 7.2 as best suiting my wants and given that it is a fresh release I'll be getting security updates until Sept 2022 and Android 11 when that roles out in 2021.
    Very good choice.
    01-04-20 02:49 PM
    TCL really did a great job. They secretly installed spyware on my KEY's. Great!
    01-04-20 03:00 PM
    TCL really did a great job. They secretly installed spyware on my KEY's. Great!
    Didn’t they secretly remove it too?
    01-04-20 03:03 PM
    You say that as if they were lined up at the door.

In any event, TCL did a great job. There's just no market left.
    I agree TCL did a great job with the hardware. The failure was the agreement between them and BlackBerry ltd to not support the devices made for 3-4 years
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-04-20 03:07 PM
    Just because they got caught with their hand in the honeypot.
    01-04-20 03:07 PM
    Come and join me on the Android Central Nokia 7.2 forum.. pretty quiet in there right now.
    Almost all forums in Android Central are quiet and have been so for a long time. Anything not Apple or Samsung is failing here in the carrier dominated US.
    01-04-20 03:09 PM
    Just because they got caught with their hand in the honeypot.
    I’m assuming you’re replying to me and forgot to include quote as part of your reply.

The spyware wasn’t anything but simple bloatware installed like every other Android OEM in the marketplace. I’ve received the same bloatware in the past on Alcatel hardware. What’s confusing is that it comes without the best explanation.

Since all of us here don’t trust commie bastardized companies, we consider it spyware. However, it’s that same thinking which has caused other mobile companies to be thrown out from the USA for the same logic.

So I guess Trump correct in throwing out the commie owned companies. Best this BBMo thing is dying off and why the carriers wouldn’t support BBMo and TCL in the long run?
    01-04-20 03:17 PM
    If it was just a 'simple' bloatware, why was it 'secretly' removed?
    01-04-20 03:21 PM
    If it was just a 'simple' bloatware, why was it 'secretly' removed?
    I don’t think it was secret either way. It was done like all Android OEMs seem to do nowadays. I was merely repeating your perception on the installation with the removal.
    01-04-20 03:25 PM
    Damage to who? There’s not enough affected people to care for the next product that doesn’t exist from a company that is no longer in the business.
    Damage to the name BlackBerry. Although you sure have a point that almost nobody is aware that the company still exists, so what harm could be done anyway.
    I suppose that we have come to the point that for consumers it makes no difference anymore, except for those around here... And that's not a big number...
    01-04-20 03:27 PM
    'Secretly' was your word. See #509
    01-04-20 03:28 PM
    'Secretly' was your word. See #509
    Actually I borrowed from #508 above which I clearly stated in my reply.

I know people are so quick to attempt to knock down Chuckie but speed kills

;-) better luck this new year Feliz Nuevo Ano in the serious and best intentions
    01-04-20 03:32 PM
    Although, those of us Dinosaurs that still care about security as a top priority are indeed a dying breed! Some others have already knelt at the Data Culling Alter!
    01-04-20 03:39 PM
    Well, the bottom line is that unless Android wises up and changes their scorched earth policy of 2 years to EOL except for a very select few who get 3 years, then many of us will willing join the iOS camp with 5 OS updates and 5 years of security updates! What BlackBerry (Droidberry) should have been! Alas, we didn't even get 1 OS update with our K2's! Sad, but true!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-04-20 04:56 PM
    Well, the bottom line is that unless Android wises up and changes their scorched earth policy of 2 years to EOL except for a very select few who get 3 years, then many of us will willing join the iOS camp with 5 OS updates and 5 years of security updates! What BlackBerry (Droidberry) should have been! Alas, we didn't even get 1 OS update with our K2's! Sad, but true!
    Well if security is such a big sell then why does Android have about 85% market share worldwide? BlackBerry Mobiles share is less than .05%. Security means a lot to some of us but to the masses it comes down to price and a camera.
    01-04-20 05:07 PM
    They somehow achieved 87% market share when security patches were even worse than they are today.

Besides, 2 excellent Android devices would cost less than a single iPhone, and get you the same support and update cycle.

And the best part: you wouldn't have to be an iPhone owner!
    BBuso77 and Bay 13 like this.
    01-04-20 05:17 PM
    So let me understand this from a BlackBerry enthusiast point of view (which is who I was referencing here), I buy an Android Flagship device, well over $1,000, said devise goes EOL in 2 years, with few exceptions! Then I buy another Android flagship devise in 2 years in order to maintain security and OS relevancy. Now, I buy an iPhone 11 Pro for $1,500 and have a secure devise for 5 years with 5 OS updates! That means that a corporate BYOD iphone can stay relevant for 5 years! Is there a Voodoo economic argument to buy any Flagship Android device? If there is, I'm all ears!

Posted via my Passport
    Last edited by Crusader03; 01-04-20 at 05:39 PM.
    elfabio80 and Invictus0 like this.
    01-04-20 05:22 PM
    So let me understand this from a BlackBerry enthusiast point of view (which is who I was referencing here), I buy an Android Flagship device, well over $1,000, said devise goes EOL in 2 years, with few exceptions! Then I buy another Android flagship devise in 2 years in order to maintain security and OS relevancy. Now, I buy an iPhone 11 Pro for $1,500 and have a secure devise for 5 years with 5 OS updates! That means that a corporate BYOD iphone can stay relevant for 5 years! Is there a Voodoo economic argument to buy any Android device? If there is, I'm all ears!

Posted via my Passport
    Few exceptions? Samsung makes up the vast majority of Android phones out there, and offer 3 years of updates. So does OnePlus, Pixel, and all Android One phones.

But I said excellent device - not necessarily flagship.

Get 2 OnePlus 7 phones for less than an iPhone. There. 6 years.
    to boldly go likes this.
    01-04-20 05:27 PM
    Changing the parameters of my statement is bad form! I clearly stated "Flagship" devices! So, by all means, carry on or you can make a case for Android Flagship vs iPhone Flagship! Have I clearly stated I am discussing Flagship?

Posted via my Passport
    01-04-20 05:34 PM
550 ... 19202122