I believe his desire was for HMD/Nokia to license and build and "BlackBerry" PKB device. The reminder that BlackBerry left the handset business in thread after thread by so many is patronizing and condescending. Most here on these forums are well aware of the business relationship that Gabe rise to Key devices. Irrespective of who is actually building the device a "BlackBerry" phone with a physical keyboard is still for sale to this day.
    "I hope BlackBerry is up for sale" probably warrants a quick note. The business dynamic is quite important to understanding what can and can't be done, or what can and can't be expected.

Not everyone is as up-to-speed as you and many others are.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-06-20 10:47 PM
    I think they stated they were going to concentrate on some new devices that were not BlackBerry devices, so this doesn't surprise me.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-07-20 05:15 AM

Plus a new 5G phone for under $500.
    Coolpad announced a 5G phone sub $400 with almost universal support for AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile.
    01-07-20 09:37 AM
    Coolpad announced a 5G phone sub $400 with almost universal support for AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile.
    Yes. They just announced that today. It will be interesting to see how they stack up against each other when final pricing is announced.
    01-07-20 09:43 AM
    My next phone will be either Nokia or Motorola. Won’t touch a TCL or Huawei (or any Chinese company) with the proverbial 10 foot pole.
    John Albert and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-07-20 09:57 AM
    My next phone will be either Nokia or Motorola. Won’t touch a TCL or Huawei (or any Chinese company) with the proverbial 10 foot pole.
    Well the Motorola is really Lenovo just licensing the Motorola brand....just another BlackBerry and TCL deal
    01-07-20 10:00 AM
    Well the Motorola is really Lenovo just licensing the Motorola brand....just another BlackBerry and TCL deal
    Not to mention Nokia outsources manufacturing to Foxconn - although final assembly is done in Vietnam.
    01-07-20 10:20 AM
    Those are the two I'd consider as well. I'd add the Pixel 3a/4a to that list if I wanted to upgrade as infrequently as possible.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    01-07-20 10:38 AM
    Alcatel (TCL value brand) also had four new smartphones, one feature phone and a Tablet at CES as well...

Many of these TCL and Alcatel devcies aren't going to hit the market for months. I think the folding phone is like Q3 at best.

If TCL had plans for BBMo, they have shown something.
    01-07-20 10:51 AM
    Actions vs. words. When they stop talking to you or making plans to be with you, it's over. LOL

LMBO. Im still hoping they're just giving us the silent treatment for not buying enough K1's & K2's...and will soonly show up out of the blue saying they miss us too. Hahahaha.
    01-07-20 11:24 AM
    Yes. They just announced that today. It will be interesting to see how they stack up against each other when final pricing is announced.
    How is any of this interesting?
    01-07-20 11:38 AM
    How is any of this interesting?
    Two 5G phones likely around the $400 mark is news for many.
    01-07-20 11:39 AM
    Two 5G phones likely around the $400 mark is news for many.
    Not sure what's wrong with our society that we suddenly want 5G as if 4G LTE suddenly isn't good enough anymore.
    01-07-20 12:01 PM
    Not sure what's wrong with our society that we suddenly want 5G as if 4G LTE suddenly isn't good enough anymore.
    Why does anyone need a car that goes faster than 65 miles an hour, or a 4K TV when you're sitting so far back your eyes can't even resolve 1080p.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-07-20 12:05 PM
    My 1920 Ford with the manual transmission does 40 mph so what are the race cars you speak of? There’s nowhere to drive that fast anyway.
    01-07-20 12:15 PM
    My 1920 Ford with the manual transmission does 40 mph so what are the race cars you speak of? There’s nowhere to drive that fast anyway.
    Certainly not in Florida with you geezers slowing down to read road signs on your way to the early bird specials!

john_v, Mecca EL and eldricho like this.
    01-07-20 12:20 PM
    I don't know, but you just blew by me.
    01-07-20 12:22 PM
    I don't know, but you just blew by me.[IMG=480x328]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200107/dba7cf296561ce37e9fbd5b5e00efd90.gif[/url]
    Lol I don't know about you but when I think of 4G LTE I don't think of a horse and carriage.

But hey, I guess that's what it is now that 5G is barely coming on the scene
    01-07-20 12:49 PM
    Lol I don't know about you but when I think of 4G LTE I don't think of a horse and carriage.

It's not the smartphone "game changer" that LTE was. Most users would not even know the difference in few MS of latency, and sure are not going to need a maxed out download speed that's possible (use your whole months "Unlimited" allotment in a day). Business, Industry and maybe some prosumers will be able to make use of it...

But it's not going to really be a big deal, I bet by the time TCL is selling these phones, that other will be using the new Qualcomm chips as well. 5G won't be real... till Apple invents it (or finds a real use for it that matters to consumers).
    01-07-20 02:03 PM
    It's not the smartphone "game changer" that LTE was. Most users would not even know the difference in few MS of latency, and sure are not going to need a maxed out download speed that's possible (use your whole months "Unlimited" allotment in a day). Business, Industry and maybe some prosumers will be able to make use of it...

But it's not going to really be a big deal, I bet by the time TCL is selling these phones, that other will be using the new Qualcomm chips as well. 5G won't be real... till Apple invents it (or finds a real use for it that matters to consumers).
    This is what everyone used to say in the late 90s about Internet enabled consumer phones and even the original BB hardware.
    01-07-20 02:48 PM

Unfortunately we cannot slow down the pace or progress. 5G will make all the '19 and 20 devices worth SO much less than the 5G capable and that will be beneficial to many.

The TCL branded phones were only shown @ CES. They will be launched @ MWC and who knows maybe the BlackBerry Key3 with 5G. 😎🤟👍
    01-07-20 02:50 PM
    Unfortunately we cannot slow down the pace or progress. 5G will make all the '19 and 20 devices worth SO much less than the 5G capable and that will be beneficial to many.

The TCL branded phones were only shown @ CES. They will be launched @ MWC and who knows maybe the BlackBerry Key3 with 5G. ������������������
    Unfortunately, seeing the Plex and such pricing underscores the BBTax without ever considering the negative brand image.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-07-20 02:57 PM
    Actions vs. words. When they stop talking to you or making plans to be with you, it's over. LOL

Straight from my ex's playbook! (no PB pun intended!!)
    01-07-20 03:04 PM

The TCL branded phones were only shown @ CES. They will be launched @ MWC and who knows maybe the BlackBerry Key3 with 5G.
    I don't think the extra battery drain of 5G is worth the extra speed gain
    jonathanbcase likes this.
    01-07-20 03:22 PM
    3 new phones

And no Blackberry to speak of...game over man...
    WRONG.

Bringing Key to Verizon

https://www.techrepublic.com/article...m-at-ces-2020/

GAME CHANGER

Crackberry should send a journalist to MWC and cover the event.
    Does Crackberry Kevin count? He is there.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-07-20 03:35 PM
186 1234 ...