Hey folks, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's my problem: I've been a faithful Blackberry user for several years. I had a KeyOne, and later upgraded to a KeyTwo. The KeyTwo is one of the best phones I've ever owned. I love that thing.

I purchased the KeyTwo in November 2019. The spacebar on the keyboard started failing in July 2020 so I sent it into TCL for repair. They received the device August 6.

Since then, I've been requesting updates on the phone, and they keep telling me they don't have the parts to repair it. They have had it almost two months now, and the darn warranty is going to expire soon. They won't compensate me by sending me a new or refurbished phone.

I bought the phone from GoTalk which is an authorized retailer. I've left a message with their support folks to see if they can do anything, but I doubt it.

Do I have any further recourse? Is my phone just... gone? What do you guys suggest, and have any of you dealt with this BS before?
    09-24-20 07:36 AM
    Hey folks, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here's my problem: I've been a faithful Blackberry user for several years. I had a KeyOne, and later upgraded to a KeyTwo. The KeyTwo is one of the best phones I've ever owned. I love that thing.

I purchased the KeyTwo in November 2019. The spacebar on the keyboard started failing in July 2020 so I sent it into TCL for repair. They received the device August 6.

Since then, I've been requesting updates on the phone, and they keep telling me they don't have the parts to repair it. They have had it almost two months now, and the darn warranty is going to expire soon. They won't compensate me by sending me a new or refurbished phone.

I bought the phone from GoTalk which is an authorized retailer. I've left a message with their support folks to see if they can do anything, but I doubt it.

Do I have any further recourse? Is my phone just... gone? What do you guys suggest, and have any of you dealt with this BS before?
    Through what channel did it get sent back? Do you not have a contact?
    09-24-20 08:12 AM
    It was sent back to the TCL repair facility. My contact is the rep from TCL who basically keeps telling me she can't do anything until they receive the parts for the phone, except it's been almost two months of waiting at this point.
    09-24-20 08:21 AM
    That happened to me too. I got it back after almost three months. They don't care they not selling new phone so they don't care if you are mad. That's my OP. They wound up sending me a refurbished red key2 but it had sharp edges and was kinda crappy so much so I sold it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-20 09:21 AM
    That's terrible!! Even though TCL isn't selling Blackberries anymore, you can bet I will never buy another TCL device. My parents are currently in the market for a new TV right now and I also advised them to not buy a TCL TV. I have not seen this poor level of customer support in many, many years.
    YDShine likes this.
    09-24-20 09:32 AM
    What a horrible experience, sorry to hear that.
    Terrible support from TCL.

I would ask them to send you back your device immediately. Then, order a spare keyboard on eBay, I recommend this seller:

https://www. ebay.com/itm/Keyboard-Keypad-Button-With-Flex-Cable-For-BlackBerry-Key2-KeyTwo-/324229997932

(remove the space between www. and ebay)

Once you have it, take it to a nearby repair shop and have them swap it out. This seller has 2019 made keyboards with the improved spacebar.

Keep us updated on the progress.
    09-24-20 09:35 AM
    That's terrible!! Even though TCL isn't selling Blackberries anymore, you can bet I will never buy another TCL device. My parents are currently in the market for a new TV right now and I also advised them to not buy a TCL TV. I have not seen this poor level of customer support in many, many years.
    Yeah I'd ask for the phone to be returned or for a full refund.....
    09-24-20 09:51 AM
    Boon the repair center is by us and they would allowed me to go and pick it up. Customers not allowed and good luck getting them to send it back before it's done. I asked

Posted via CB10
    09-24-20 10:03 AM
    Boon the repair center is by us and they would allowed me to go and pick it up. Customers not allowed and good luck getting them to send it back before it's done. I asked

Posted via CB10
    You mean they wouldn't allow you to pick it up?

They might say that by phone, but if you showed up in person and insisted you are the owner of the device and showed an ID and proof of purchase, I don't see how they could refuse just handing you back YOUR phone.
    09-24-20 10:35 AM
    You mean they wouldn't allow you to pick it up?

They might say that by phone, but if you showed up in person and insisted you are the owner of the device and showed an ID and proof of purchase, I don't see how they could refuse just handing you back YOUR phone.
    Might be Covid protocol.
    09-24-20 10:57 AM
    If the phone is under warranty, they have a legal obligation to resolve this, as they already accepted the device for repairs. I would send a registered letter to them summarizing all the dates, correspondence and details, with a cc to your state Attorney General and demand a full refund for the purchase price (assuming you can produce a receipt. )

By law and standard accounting practices, TCL has to have reserved enough deferred revenue to cover warranty costs. They may not have the parts, but they could probably write you a check for the purchase price.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    09-24-20 11:42 AM
    I don't see how they could refuse just handing you back YOUR phone.
    HIS phone no longer exists. It went into a pile of returns and they will send him a random handset from repaired used phones. Since they have not, it probably means that they no longer have any to send or else they allocated so little resources to warranty repairs that it is now "normal" to wait 3 months.
    09-24-20 04:00 PM
    I am working on filing a credit card chargeback. The CC company requires me to first contact the retailer, GoTalk (Blackberry authorized dealer). Obviously GoTalk can't do anything, but I need to talk to them first before I can file for a chargeback. What sucks is that I'm not sure if the retailer gets penalized for the incompetence of the manufacturer - but I can see no other way to get compensated at this point
    09-24-20 04:30 PM
    HIS phone no longer exists. It went into a pile of returns and they will send him a random handset from repaired used phones. Since they have not, it probably means that they no longer have any to send or else they allocated so little resources to warranty repairs that it is now "normal" to wait 3 months.
    Oh right, I forgot that they wipe the phone before repairing if not already done prior.

If they don't have a spare fixed used KEY2 to send him, they should just refund.

But being TCL...it's a 3 month wait.
    09-24-20 04:41 PM
    I had problems with my Keyboard so I send my Key2 in Switzerland to an authorized repair center and get it back 6 days later. Here in Switzerland even in September 2020 the hardware support for Blackberr phones is OK👍
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-25-20 01:54 AM
    I told TCL I was starting a credit card dispute yesterday, and by the end of the day they said they have found the parts and are fixing my phone. What a strange coincidence!

I do wonder if this is just a stall tactic though. Maybe it will take them two more months to "install the new parts"
    PantherBlitz and elfabio80 like this.
    09-25-20 07:22 AM
    I told TCL I was starting a credit card dispute yesterday, and by the end of the day they said they have found the parts and are fixing my phone. What a strange coincidence!

I do wonder if this is just a stall tactic though. Maybe it will take them two more months to "install the new parts"
    It's laughable, I wouldn't be surprised of anything by them at this point. Maybe they did end up ordering a keyboard from the same eBay seller as I did lol.

Keep us updated
    09-25-20 08:49 AM
    My Key2 has been in TCL's hands for 30 days...what a disaster!
    ???Class Action Lawsuit???
    09-28-20 08:17 AM
    My Key2 has been in TCL's hands for 30 days...what a disaster!
    ???Class Action Lawsuit???
    For what exact violation or grievance of your warranty contract would a class action lawsuit be implemented?
    09-28-20 08:42 AM
    WOW ... that is a long time. Disgusting

For what exact violation or grievance of your warranty contract would a class action lawsuit be implemented?
    class action lawsuits .... funny.
    lol
    09-28-20 08:52 AM
    WOW ... that is a long time. Disgusting

class action lawsuits .... funny.
    lol
    Instead of getting your phone back, you get coupons for a new TCL phone if you’re lucky and if you’re unlucky, coupons for the new BBMo Key3 instead.
    09-28-20 09:10 AM
    Never, I repeat, never agree to send your phone back for warranty replacement to any company until they send you the replacement first.
    09-28-20 09:51 AM
    Never, I repeat, never agree to send your phone back for warranty replacement to any company until they send you the replacement first.
    But to do that with TCL, you had to give them all your card information up front. Plus, in dealing with them, you don’t know exactly what TCL was doing either, repair or replacement.
    09-28-20 10:31 AM
    But to do that with TCL, you had to give them all your card information up front. Plus, in dealing with them, you don’t know exactly what TCL was doing either, repair or replacement.
    A hold on a CC is normal practice and perfectly acceptable. What isn't acceptable is expecting someone to send out a defective phone with no replacement. Not everyone has a backup phone.
    09-28-20 10:34 AM
    A hold on a CC is normal practice and perfectly acceptable. What isn't acceptable is expecting someone to send out a defective phone with no replacement. Not everyone has a backup phone.
    Regardless, it was their policy and it’s well documented here. Plus, unfortunately, many companies use this kind of business model to reduce fraud and risk from their perspective. It’s one reason I’ve always preferred carrier devices since I have more leverage.

Plus, repair makes this difficulty
    09-28-20 10:38 AM
41 12