Dream!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    09-22-18 07:02 PM
    It's a great phone. I like using it and am using it as my daily driver. I have quite a few phones but prefer the physical keyboard on the Key2. Give it a try!
    09-22-18 07:31 PM
    All of the issues you guys are reporting are on the keyone, the easiest way to make the phone perform well is to ****all get rid of the ****ty BlackBerry Launcher and just put Nova prime on it. Haven't had one issue with memory or sluggishness on my keyone since I did that a month ago. The whole typing issues, just disable predictive text or auto-correct and you are golden. Having AC on a physical KB or expecting swipe to be great is sheer stupidity if you ask me. The capacitive KB is great for selecting text and moving around navigating, if you are buying the phone for swipe you just aren't smart at all. And if they keys are too clicks or ****ed up just return the phone as defective to amazon, and if you don't use amazon you are looking for trouble as none of the other options are that great.
    09-22-18 09:08 PM
    All of the issues you guys are reporting are on the keyone, the easiest way to make the phone perform well is to ****all get rid of the ****ty BlackBerry Launcher and just put Nova prime on it. Haven't had one issue with memory or sluggishness on my keyone since I did that a month ago. The whole typing issues, just disable predictive text or auto-correct and you are golden. Having AC on a physical KB or expecting swipe to be great is sheer stupidity if you ask me. The capacitive KB is great for selecting text and moving around navigating, if you are buying the phone for swipe you just aren't smart at all. And if they keys are too clicks or ****ed up just return the phone as defective to amazon, and if you don't use amazon you are looking for trouble as none of the other options are that great.
    Keyboard gesturing is one of the primary features of these devices and are pretty heavily marketed / bragged about by the device maker.

We, the customers pay for it based on what we are marketed to so I don't see how expecting it to only partially work should be the norm while expecting it to work as advertised is in your words, stupidity.

You have the option to disable keyboard gesturing and if you are happy with that then it works for you however that doesn't make it acceptable for another user, nor should it.

BlackBerry users have a lot of tolerance; I think that all they want is transparency as much as possible and decent Customer Service, that's all. If any of these existed to a satisfactory degree none of these posts would publish because passionate customers that feel they got the short end of the stick while paying the same as everybody else are actually taking the time to post, document and help the device maker pin point the issues and address them, most likely a phenomena in the Mobile industry that doesn't exist anywhere else.
    Jubbers likes this.
    09-22-18 09:39 PM
    The gestures all work well on the keyone. The swipe works well if you go into the dictionary and manually enter all the words you use. There is also the fact that this capacitive keyboard is still essentially in its infancy.
    BlackBerry's Oreo made the keyone worse off as well, I believe the launcher needs better attention. Large amounts of memory leak through BlackBerry Launcher. The problem is TCL/BBmo don't care to put the money into the software.
    09-22-18 09:59 PM
    The swipe works well if you go into the dictionary and manually enter all the words you use. There is also the fact that this capacitive keyboard is still essentially in its infancy.

I believe the launcher needs better attention. Large amounts of memory leak through BlackBerry Launcher. The problem is TCL/BBmo don't care to put the money into the software.
    The issues that most experience here are not so much swipe to type but more swipe to enter predicted words; often time the swipe gesture simply don't register.

The Launcher is so outdated its not even funny and I agree with you that TCL / BlackBerry Mobile most likely pay as little as they can or not at all which is the reason why though functioning for the most part app development on the feature side is slow and behind in many areas.
    09-22-18 10:14 PM
    Or their customer service you are correct. The fact that their support tool doesn't inject your info into the ticket system, or fact that they use separate internal ticket numbers to refence issues, or that they use the same ticketing system for suggestions as with software defects.
    09-22-18 10:18 PM
    Are you really talking about a keyone or was that a mistake? I agree that capacitive keys on a PKB isn't really a huge deal imo. With that being said it is advertised and promoted as one of the keyboards main features for the key2, and because of that, you are paying a premium for said feature.
    Bottom line, if it is considered a selling point for the key2 it should work, period. If it is half done or not fully functional, and still marketed as a feature, it seems like a betrayal of the consumers trust for a quality product. Like Rk said, just because you're okay without the feature it doesn't make it acceptable.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-23-18 12:50 AM
    I don't use swipe/flick to type that much because it's such a joy to type on this keyboard but I'm in agreement that it needs to be improved if it's to be considered a prime feature of the device. I don't know much about mobile tech but I'm guessing it relies on the small gaps between the keys and frame for sensors to pick up on movement?
    09-23-18 06:16 AM
    I don't use swipe/flick to type that much because it's such a joy to type on this keyboard but I'm in agreement that it needs to be improved if it's to be considered a prime feature of the device. I don't know much about mobile tech but I'm guessing it relies on the small gaps between the keys and frame for sensors to pick up on movement?
    The sensors are behind the keys themselves I believe
    09-23-18 06:28 AM
    just bought key2. nice and manageable. Transfer of date from bb10 to key2 instructions not so easy. Finally figured out needed to download link onto old bb then, then go to google store on new key2 and open the content transfer app (not sure why as already on key2, then sign on with google account to get the transfer to the google cloud- duh. looks like so far- not all contacts are going over- we will see. slow going with pictures- about 1 per sec.
    09-23-18 11:12 AM
    Im glad you're liking the keyboard. What phone did you use previously?
    09-23-18 03:15 PM
    Im glad you're liking the keyboard. What phone did you use previously?
    Passport. Before that I had the Q10. When I saw in the podcasts and hands-on videos that the keyboard was really clicky I imagined the keys to require a really hard press to make them work and to make an annoyingly loud noise; I'd never typed on a Bold before so I didn't know what that level of clickiness meant. My typing speed on the Key 2 is now probably faster than it was on the Passport.
    09-23-18 05:18 PM
    The issues that most experience here are not so much swipe to type but more swipe to enter predicted words; often time the swipe gesture simply don't register.

The Launcher is so outdated its not even funny and I agree with you that TCL / BlackBerry Mobile most likely pay as little as they can or not at all which is the reason why though functioning for the most part app development on the feature side is slow and behind in many areas.
    That's one good thing about the speed key...it allows you to use other launchers and keep your keyboard shortcuts. Too bad the capacitive scrolling is wonky on some other Launchers and apps but I guess it's one reason to not feel like you're missing much with the LE...especially if you're not going with the stock BlackBerry experience.

I agree the BlackBerry apps, including the Launcher have not progressed too much since the PRIV in terms of features, UI, etc. Launcher gets about two new wallpapers with each version of Android and not much else. And as basic as it is, it seems to run faster and smoother on non-BlackBerry phones, for whatever reason. I realize that's very superficial and there is a lot of stuff happening in the background in terms of updates etc, but when you look at what other Launchers are doing with customizable feeds, gestures, transparencies, colours, notification options, etc it becomes apparent BlackBerry is only getting the budget to maintain a pretty barebones package.

Nova is a bit over the top for me but I've been experimenting with the Microsoft Launcher lately and I quite like it. I've been able to replicate the productivity Tab by customizing the Feed, and cleaned up my homescreen with gesture shortcuts to apps such BlackBerry Hub, etc. It has an option to backup settings to the Cloud which is a huge plus, and it runs super smooth on a Key2. Bing daily wallpapers are very nice visually, as is the default clock / weather widget.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-23-18 06:40 PM
    That's one good thing about the speed key...it allows you to use other launchers and keep your keyboard shortcuts
    So they had funds to invest in the Speed Key but didn't have funds to invest in a superior launcher experience? How backwards...

Bet ya two things:

1. Investing in updating the launcher would cost half of what was invested in developing the Speed Key and might even lead to a more affordable price.

2. The Speed Key won't be that hot after the KEY² get Android P simply because app switching will become much more intuitive with the new gesturing UX.
    09-23-18 07:29 PM
    So they had funds to invest in the Speed Key but didn't have funds to invest in a superior launcher experience? How backwards...

Bet ya two things:

1. Investing in updating the launcher would cost half of what was invested in developing the Speed Key and might even lead to a more affordable price.

2. The Speed Key won't be that hot after the KEY² get Android P simply because app switching will become much more intuitive with the new gesturing UX.
    To be fair though, we all know the main purpose of the BlackBerry Android apps is to ease the transition of BlackBerry customers over to BlackBerry Android devices. Once that task is 'accomplished' and BBOS and BB10 are shut down for good, we will know once and for all what the long term game plan is. The beauty of Android is the wealth of solutions available to us. Nothing wrong with that.

But we shouldn't jump to conclusions either. Quite a bit has been invested into DTEK for example. There could be major changes in the works for the rest of the suite we don't yet know about!
    09-23-18 10:12 PM
    To be fair though, we all know the main purpose of the BlackBerry Android apps is to ease the transition of BlackBerry customers over to BlackBerry Android devices. Once that task is 'accomplished' and BBOS and BB10 are shut down for good, we will know once and for all what the long term game plan is. The beauty of Android is the wealth of solutions available to us. Nothing wrong with that.

But we shouldn't jump to conclusions either. Quite a bit has been invested into DTEK for example. There could be major changes in the works for the rest of the suite we don't yet know about!
    Interesting theory! If it's true then everything make sense, for a change...
    09-23-18 10:16 PM
    Passport. Before that I had the Q10. When I saw in the podcasts and hands-on videos that the keyboard was really clicky I imagined the keys to require a really hard press to make them work and to make an annoyingly loud noise; I'd never typed on a Bold before so I didn't know what that level of clickiness meant. My typing speed on the Key 2 is now probably faster than it was on the Passport.
    If you could rate the keyboard feel from 1(being horrible) to 10(best) what would you rate it?
    09-24-18 10:59 PM
    If you could rate the keyboard feel from 1(being horrible) to 10(best) what would you rate it?
    If they are able to flawlessly fix the random activation of the cursor navigation bar, the SYM keyboard and the missed registration of the swipe up to insert predicted text it would be a flying colors 10!
    09-24-18 11:05 PM
    If they are able to flawlessly fix the random activation of the cursor navigation bar, the SYM keyboard and the missed registration of the swipe up to insert predicted text it would be a flying colors 10!
    I heard when typing at times the text box will lag or stutter. Have you experienced this?
    09-25-18 01:32 AM
    I heard when typing at times the text box will lag or stutter. Have you experienced this?
    The text box meaning the area in which you input text? If so then I have not experienced that (or perhaps noticed) but it may be the reason for the missed registration of the swipe up to enter predicted text.
    09-25-18 01:36 AM
    The text box meaning the area in which you input text? If so then I have not experienced that (or perhaps noticed) but it may be the reason for the missed registration of the swipe up to enter predicted text.
    Yeah, so what I heard is sometimes when people type there will be random times where nothing shows up and a second or two later it will all appear at once. It used to be common on old phones but I heard it sometimes happens to people on the key2. Also it doesn't only appear for text messaging it happens on other apps too, twitter, ig and even the internet search bars.

So you said typing experience is 10/10(aside from capacitive keys). If i turn off the capacitive features is the keyboard $650 good?
    09-25-18 02:11 AM
    Yeah, so what I heard is sometimes when people type there will be random times where nothing shows up and a second or two later it will all appear at once. It used to be common on old phones but I heard it sometimes happens to people on the key2. Also it doesn't only appear for text messaging it happens on other apps too, twitter, ig and even the internet search bars.

So you said typing experience is 10/10(aside from capacitive keys). If i turn off the capacitive features is the keyboard $650 good?
    No; it $450 good, as in KEY² LE. You pay for the capacitive keyboard to work, not to disable it.
    Jubbers likes this.
    09-25-18 02:15 AM
    No; it $450 good, as in KEY² LE. You pay for the capacitive keyboard to work, not to disable it.
    Very true about the capacitive keys. Theirs only three things that freak me out about the LE:
    1. The processor is a small step up from the keyone
    2. The plastic housing makes me super uneasy.
    3. The keyboard is a touch smaller than the key2(more resembles keyone size with key2 keys)
    09-25-18 02:24 AM
    Very true about the capacitive keys. Theirs only three things that freak me out about the LE:
    1. The processor is a small step up from the keyone
    2. The plastic housing makes me super uneasy.
    3. The keyboard is a touch smaller than the key2(more resembles keyone size with key2 keys)
    Then go for the KEY² but know that for now, until they fix the issues, if they ever will, you are likely to experience them and boy can these issues ruin what otherwise should be a great experience, if not the best there is.
    Smokeaire and HaRdKoR_CdN like this.
    09-25-18 02:37 AM
87 1234