So when the Blackberry Key2 LE is released I will be making a choice between the Key2 and the Key2 LE. Its easy to find problems with a phone when you own it but I don't own a Key2. I will be using the phone for texts, emails, powerpoint slides, notes, light facebook/ig and everyday pokemon go. Im in the US with T-Mobile, so ill be using the unlocked version.

I want to know some hardware/software problems you've been having or anything that annoys you about this phone. Im aware that bluetooth signal has been a problem(hoping theirs a fix).
    Last edited by Jubbers; 09-21-18 at 01:01 PM.
    09-21-18 12:51 PM
    In the USA, there don’t appear to be any carrier devices for Key2 or Key2 LE. Since you’re on T-Mobile, I’d get the Key2 with the largest storage available since who knows when or what the next device will be.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-21-18 01:14 PM
    In the USA, there don’t appear to be any carrier devices for Key2 or Key2 LE. Since you’re on T-Mobile, I’d get the Key2 with the largest storage available since who knows when or what the next device will be.
    Hey chuck,
    I know there wont be a carrier for this device in the US, thats why I said Ill be using the unlocked version. Btw the 64 gb comes with a extra sd slot, but space wont be an issue for me considering 64gb is pretty huge.

Thanks for the reply though
    09-21-18 01:26 PM
    Hey chuck,
    I know there wont be a carrier for this device in the US, thats why I said Ill be using the unlocked version. Btw the 64 gb comes with a extra sd slot, but space wont be an issue for me considering 64gb is pretty huge.

Thanks for the reply though
    I don’t think anyone really has the Key2 LE yet except some retailers that have commented here on CB. I haven’t seen actual consumer reviews. Still, if buying just one, I’d go for broke on Key2 planning to keep a long time. I wish a Key2 was released through AT&T but even then I need enhanced features (VoLTE and WiFi calling) and that didn’t even happen on their KEYone
    09-21-18 02:57 PM
    So when the Blackberry Key2 LE is released I will be making a choice between the Key2 and the Key2 LE. Its easy to find problems with a phone when you own it but I don't own a Key2. I will be using the phone for texts, emails, powerpoint slides, notes, light facebook/ig and everyday pokemon go. Im in the US with T-Mobile, so ill be using the unlocked version.

I want to know some hardware/software problems you've been having or anything that annoys you about this phone. Im aware that bluetooth signal has been a problem(hoping theirs a fix).
    If you are willing to put up with none honored warranty and customer service personnel that never gets back to you or do what they say they are going to do then go for for it! No other device will give you what the same experience and if you are lucky and your device will be issue free then you will definitely enjoy it.

I have had decent experience with customer care while having to replace my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the exact opposite with my KEY² so I guess it's a hit or miss.

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/

@BlackBerry Mobile @Smokeaire @BlackberrySupportTeam
    09-21-18 03:28 PM
    I don’t think anyone really has the Key2 LE yet except some retailers that have commented here on CB. I haven’t seen actual consumer reviews. Still, if buying just one, I’d go for broke on Key2 planning to keep a long time. I wish a Key2 was released through AT&T but even then I need enhanced features (VoLTE and WiFi calling) and that didn’t even happen on their KEYone
    Hey Chuck,
    Just wanted to clarify, I know the Key2 LE didn't come out yet, Im waiting to see how that turns out before I make my decision. Don't mean to sound rude but you seem to be stating information that I already said, did you happen to read the OP?

Im aware of the wifi calling and bluetooth problem(we've already had this discussion on another post). Im just trying to see if there are any other problems with the key2 that I don't already know about(I would like to keep the phone for a long time and avoid upgrading next year).
    09-21-18 03:30 PM
    If you are willing to put up with none honored warranty and customer service personnel that never gets back to you or do what they say they are going to do then go for for it! No other device will give you what the same experience and if you are lucky and your device will be issue free then you will definitely enjoy it.

I have had decent experience with customer care while having to replace my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and the exact opposite with my KEY² so I guess it's a hit or miss.

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/

@BlackBerry Mobile @Smokeaire @BlackberrySupportTeam
    Hey Rk,
    That sounds terrible. What went wrong with the key2 that wasn't covered by warranty?

This was one of my biggest concerns because people have posted their conversations with BB customer support when they tried to get help with keyboard related issues and they were told that a wobbly space bar/buttons(keys) feeling and sounding different is "the way the phone was designed".
    09-21-18 03:35 PM
    Hey Rk,
    That sounds terrible. What went wrong with the key2 that wasn't covered by warranty?

This was one of my biggest concerns considering people on other posts have claimed that a wobbly space bar and buttons(keys) feeling and sounding different is "the way the phone was designed".
    Just read through the thread of the post I linked in my reply. That will give you the answer to your question but hey, others may experience the opposite. This is just my experience!
    09-21-18 03:42 PM
    I really don't understand blackberry at all. As I could read, no carries holds Key2 or Key2 LE in USA!? So, what kind of business are creating blackberry? In a technology, one of the most advanced country, they do not have any carrier who can offer Key2? Is that possible? Where they are selling than their phones? On Tahiti and Maldives, lol 😜 Those guys who are saying that have Key2 or Key2 LE, where are they purchased the phones? Just curious. (I am from Serbia, Europe, and I don't have any illusions that we will get blackberry anytime.... We need to purchase from some other private ways), but you from USA, you would need to have Key2 in every pastry shop 😂
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-21-18 03:47 PM
    Just read through the thread of the post I linked in my reply. That will give you the answer to your question but hey, others may experience the opposite. This is just my experience!
    Hey Rk,
    Thanks for the info, just read through the thread. That sounds like a problem that would tilt me. Is there no way to turn off the pointer/cursor mode for the spacebar?

I also heard about the swipe up auto fill issue and the scrolling issue with the keyboard, where the keyboard will scroll backwards or glitch all over the place.
    09-21-18 03:49 PM
    Hey Rk,
    Thanks for the info, just read through the thread. That sounds like a problem that would tilt me. Is there no way to turn off the pointer/cursor mode for the spacebar?

I also heard about the swipe up auto fill issue and the scrolling issue with the keyboard, where the keyboard will scroll backwards or glitch all over the place.
    Yup; all of the above. I have them too...

There is a way to turn off keyboard gestures altogether; there is no way to turn off the cursor navigation bar only so by doing so you are basically giving up one of the most heavily marketed device features...
    09-21-18 03:54 PM
    I really don't understand blackberry at all. As I could read, no carries holds Key2 or Key2 LE in USA!? So, what kind of business are creating blackberry? In a technology, one of the most advanced country, they do not have any carrier who can offer Key2? Is that possible? Where they are selling than their phones? On Tahiti and Maldives, lol ������ Those guys who are saying that have Key2 or Key2 LE, where are they purchased the phones? Just curious. (I am from Serbia, Europe, and I don't have any illusions that we will get blackberry anytime.... We need to purchase from some other private ways), but you from USA, you would need to have Key2 in every pastry shop ������
    Hey Vladislavt,
    Yeah its a weird business move, but considering how phones are used now days, a business only phone is pretty much killing itself. Not to say that there isn't a market for a business oriented phone, its just a smaller market(most people just like it for the PKB, which is the only reason im here). Also probably costs BB more to link with carriers than it does to fly solo. The only carrier that I know of that has the Key2 is Rogers wireless and from what I heard they are mainly in Canada. But don't quote me on that, idk.
    Vladislavt likes this.
    09-21-18 03:57 PM
    I even suggested this as a workaround....:

/blackberry-key2-f472/pkb-gesture-controls-1154685/
    09-21-18 03:58 PM
    Yup; all of the above. I have them too...

There is a way to turn off keyboard gestures altogether; there is no way to turn off the cursor navigation bar only so by doing so you are basically giving up one of the most heavily marketed device features...
    Gotta be honest, I was kinda hoping people would say there weren't any other problems. Are you able to connect to bluetooth and use it from a reasonable distance, even when the phones screen is off?
    09-21-18 04:00 PM
    Gotta be honest, I was kinda hoping people would say there weren't any other problems. Are you able to connect to bluetooth and use it from a reasonable distance, even when the phones screen is off?
    I don't really use BT other than in my car so I can't comment on that.
    09-21-18 04:01 PM
    I don't really use BT other than in my car so I can't comment on that.
    Alright, thanks for the info. I might have to skip the key2 and wait for the key3 or whatever they do and see if they improve.
    09-21-18 04:10 PM
    Alright, thanks for the info. I might have to skip the key2 and wait for the key3 or whatever they do and see if they improve.
    Customer service won't improve in my opinion. It's a mind set that is led from the top unfortunately.

In the US customer service is very important if you want to stay in business and create loyal following but let's face it, don't expect the leaders of TCL to understand or better yet comprehend half of that...

What you might have though as time go by is better devices and hence less need to deal with customer care.
    09-21-18 04:22 PM
    Ok, here goes, don't buy it! lmao!
    09-21-18 04:38 PM
    Customer service won't improve in my opinion. It's a mind set that is led from the top unfortunately.

In the US customer service is very important if you want to stay in business and create loyal following but let's face it, don't expect the leaders of TCL to understand or better yet comprehend half of that...

What you might have though as time go by is better devices and hence less need to deal with customer care.
    Yeah that's the dream, but with TCL quality control Im not sure how realistic that's going to be. Don't want to sound dramatic but I might have to get used to the idea of typing on glass and give in to the one+ 6 or something. Sad day.
    09-21-18 07:38 PM
    Yeah that's the dream, but with TCL quality control Im not sure how realistic that's going to be. Don't want to sound dramatic but I might have to get used to the idea of typing on glass and give in to the one+ 6 or something. Sad day.
    Not gonna lie and can't believe I am actually saying it but I did ponder going Pixel. Yup, I know....a whole different world but if user experience isn't there then depending on the level of disturbance I may not be able to tolerate it.
    09-21-18 07:41 PM
    Not gonna lie and can't believe I am actually saying it but I did ponder going Pixel. Yup, I know....a whole different world but if user experience isn't there then depending on the level of disturbance I may not be able to tolerate it.
    Yeah this is a really sad situation, I mean the only reason I want to buy a Key2 is for the keyboard, and that isn't even done right. $650 and the main selling point is flawed. Still wondering why blackberry sales aren't doing too well these days, its seriously unjust.
    09-21-18 08:16 PM
    I really don't understand blackberry at all. As I could read, no carries holds Key2 or Key2 LE in USA!? So, what kind of business are creating blackberry? In a technology, one of the most advanced country, they do not have any carrier who can offer Key2? Is that possible? Where they are selling than their phones? On Tahiti and Maldives, lol ������ Those guys who are saying that have Key2 or Key2 LE, where are they purchased the phones? Just curious. (I am from Serbia, Europe, and I don't have any illusions that we will get blackberry anytime.... We need to purchase from some other private ways), but you from USA, you would need to have Key2 in every pastry shop ������
    It’s not BB (TCL) that don’t want to phone in the US, it’s the carriers that don’t want to carry it. There is next to 0 (zero) demand for it in the US. Mot worth the time and money to stock a device that simply has almost no sales appeal
    09-21-18 09:06 PM
    $650
    +tax
    09-21-18 09:28 PM
    It’s not BB (TCL) that don’t want to phone in the US, it’s the carriers that don’t want to carry it. There is next to 0 (zero) demand for it in the US. Mot worth the time and money to stock a device that simply has almost no sales appeal
    But I just read a headlining article that says BlackBerry smartphones are here to stay...

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    09-22-18 06:13 AM
    Hey Rk,

This was one of my biggest concerns because people have posted their conversations with BB customer support when they tried to get help with keyboard related issues and they were told that a wobbly space bar/buttons(keys) feeling and sounding different is "the way the phone was designed".
    So, the clicky spacebar is there by design? What about stopping insulting our collective intelligence?

Judging by the numerous posts I've read on the forum over the years, customer support is inconsistent. When the problem is real and crippling, they'll take your phone back for repair. Unfortunately, a lot of the problems on the K2 - or K1 before that - is stuff they can't do anything about because quality control sucks big time at BBMo/TCL (clicky spacebar, lousy microphone for video calls).
    09-22-18 06:33 AM
87 123 ...