Funny. I got my call yesterday from AT&T and I told them I would wait for the new 5G Blackberry phone coming out this year before accepting their new phone offer. So far, so good but still keeping fingers crossed.
    Also, I thought we had until Feb 2022 before the cut out?
    That is when BB turns lights off. Carriers can do it anytime
    julieg72 likes this.
    03-19-21 06:50 PM
    I am using my K2 on Att right this second.

Go up the line and get a manager.
    03-20-21 07:29 PM
    Same thing happen to me with my Key2. I sweet talked the rep on phone and I think she put a dummy imei to get my phone up and running again.
    Wow nice, that could be a decent workaround
    03-20-21 11:04 PM
    No such thing AT&T can provision any phone to work on there system they just have to want to. What he had happen was the rep provisioned the phone and the system now can see it.
    julieg72 likes this.
    03-21-21 02:46 PM
    No such thing AT&T can provision any phone to work on there system they just have to want to. What he had happen was the rep provisioned the phone and the system now can see it.
    Sure. But it's their network, and they have every right to make their own decisions regarding BYOD.

If someone prefers the BYOD policy of another carrier, they are free to take their business elsewhere.
    03-21-21 04:02 PM
    Sure. But it's their network, and they have every right to make their own decisions regarding BYOD.

If someone prefers the BYOD policy of another carrier, they are free to take their business elsewhere.
    That was not the point the poster felt the rep did something special with the sim/IMEI.
    julieg72 likes this.
    03-21-21 05:54 PM
    That was not the point the poster felt the rep did something special with the sim/IMEI.
    That has everything to do with AT&T's BYOD policies though. They has less built-in support for these kinds of devices, and things regularly get lost in the shuffle.
    03-21-21 06:06 PM
    Lost in the shuffle great thought but far from true, so then the I phone 7-8-11 that they tell people until Apple told them to stop was also a mistake, could be right after I grow a third nipple.

Woof
    03-21-21 06:12 PM
    Lost in the shuffle great thought but far from true, so then the I phone 7-8-11 that they tell people until Apple told them to stop was also a mistake, could be right after I grow a third nipple.

Woof
    That's just large corp bureaucratic miscommunication between departments and various customer service operations.

You're not going to convince me that AT&T is somehow inherently evil. The fact is, they don't care about you yet want your longterm business, and they try to avoid being taken to court - like any other business worth its salt.
    03-21-21 06:36 PM
    And pigs fly
    03-22-21 07:35 AM
    I was on a post-paid AT&T plan with an oem, non-branded Key2, until about a year ago. It worked fine for voice calls, internet, etc, with various limitations, most important of which was NO wifi calling and EXTRA cost for hotspot.

I moved to TMO and they have both of those features for LESS than what AT&T charged for the restricted operation of the Key2 on their plan. I can't speak highly enough of T-Mobile.

Meanwhile, AT&T charges me MORE for some mediocre VDSL internet (no AT&T fiber, as unbelievable as it sounds for an in-fill urban area) service up here in SF Bay Area hills than what Xfinity Cable (yes, I know, everyone has their complaints about Comcast/Xfinity) charge for 5x the speed, so I am changing away from AT&T service there as well.

Bottom line, not feeling the love from AT&T - they may be reliable but they are not user-friendly and significantly over-priced.
    03-24-21 09:38 PM
    Well I wonder what will happen to those of us on Cricket (which uses AT&T's network)?
    03-27-21 11:43 AM
    Well I wonder what will happen to those of us on Cricket (which uses AT&T's network)?
    You should be affected the same because the towers physically would have hardware changes. Cricket could change to use another network in theory like tmobile but its not easy to do obviously especially since the same thing is happening with tmoble.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-27-21 01:34 PM
    You should be affected the same because the towers physically would have hardware changes. Cricket could change to use another network in theory like tmobile but its not easy to do obviously especially since the same thing is happening with tmoble.
    Plus, AT&T owns Cricket soooooo
    03-27-21 05:35 PM
    AT&T has suspended my account. I now have to call them to reactivate my account with a different phone when I get off work.
    Wow. That's some serious B.S. from a carrier. Certainly wouldn't stick with a carrier who did that to me. Might I suggest switching to Mint Mobile. Stupid cheap rates, I've had for over a year and have had great service in a dozen states (traveled last year prior to pandemic in Jan and Feb)
    03-27-21 06:37 PM
    Wow. That's some serious B.S. from a carrier. Certainly wouldn't stick with a carrier who did that to me. Might I suggest switching to Mint Mobile. Stupid cheap rates, I've had for over a year and have had great service in a dozen states (traveled last year prior to pandemic in Jan and Feb)
    I switched to T-Mobile last week in an effort to use my Key2. Come to find out it was blacklisted by an account on Verizon. So now I have a $400 paperweight. Bright side is by switching networks I will be saving $20 a month.
    03-27-21 07:09 PM
    AT&T suspended my account because I tried using a newly bought Key2 on their network. I was coming from a KeyOne. I asked how can my Key2 be outdated 3G tech when it's a 4G LTE device and a newer version of the KeyOne they support? All I got was they'll send it up to tech support to discover the issue and I should get a reply via email in 72 hours
    According to the AT&T rep the reason why they suspended My service was because I was using an unauthorized phone on their network and claim my Key2 is a 3G phone. The rep tried to activate service for the phone but her system wouldn't let her. She sent it to tech support and I'm supposed to hear from them in 72 hours. I'll end up selling it for the cheap if it won't work on AT&T. Too much hassle to switch to T-Mobile for even worse coverage
    I switched to T-Mobile last week in an effort to use my Key2. Come to find out it was blacklisted by an account on Verizon. So now I have a $400 paperweight. Bright side is by switching networks I will be saving $20 a month.
    So to clarify for everyone per your other post, your Key2 was kicked off AT&T, TMO and VZW since it was IMEI blacklisted at VZW for what specific reason?

Can you file a claim against the seller if online? If personal, file a criminal report?
    03-27-21 07:47 PM
    At&t told me the phone wouldnt work because it was a 3G phone. Even escalated to higher ups and they told me the same thing. It's not their phone and it will no longer work on their network. Tmobile is the one who told me it was Blacklisted otherwise they have no issues with the Key2 and would gladly let me use a different Key2 on their network. Verizon couldn't find the owner just off the IMEI number. They said I need a first and last name and possibly a location to help find the person who reported the phone stolen in an effort to fix the situation. Pretty much a bull**** answer so I gave up. The phone now just sits in my desk drawer. I was going to sell it but who would buy it knowing that it won't work in any of the big 3 carriers!?
    03-27-21 08:00 PM
    At&t told me the phone wouldnt work because it was a 3G phone. Even escalated to higher ups and they told me the same thing. It's not their phone and it will no longer work on their network. Tmobile is the one who told me it was Blacklisted otherwise they have no issues with the Key2 and would gladly let me use a different Key2 on their network. Verizon couldn't find the owner just off the IMEI number. They said I need a first and last name and possibly a location to help find the person who reported the phone stolen in an effort to fix the situation. Pretty much a bull**** answer so I gave up. The phone now just sits in my desk drawer. I was going to sell it but who would buy it knowing that it won't work in any of the big 3 carriers!?
    It's a Key2 or Key2 LE?
    03-27-21 10:33 PM
    It's a Key2 or Key2 LE?
    It's the Silver BlackBerry Key2 BBF100-2 North America model
    03-27-21 10:46 PM
    I have 3 key 2 (silver edition) running on AT&T since the key 2 launch. My wife's key 2's back plate was coming off and seemed to have a bulge which appeared to be the battery expanding. I bought another one for her and last month switched the sim. Switching the sim worked but I had to move it back to her old phone to do something (synching something) and then moved it back to the new phone and everything stopped working carrier wise. I called and the lady said they had locked the sim because I was moving it to a phone that only supported 3g. (I believe they locked it because it appeared to be a fraud problem and then seized the opportunity to try and force me to give up the Key 2). I said no it doesn't ,it is a 4g lte phone and the phone I was calling her on was the same model a 4g lte and the phone I was moving the sim too was the same model that was working fine on their network. Of course she fixated for a moment on the fact that it was a blackberry. She went away and came back and said reboot the phone. I did and it worked fine. Sure I know they are probably forcing it to use the 3g band because they haven't whitelisted the volte on the phone and definitely haven't whitelisted the HD voice all of which we know the phone supports and can do with no problem. In the past I needed AT&T because of the integration I used with unified messaging and my cell phone but I no longer use that technology. At the end of this year one of a few things is going to happen. 1. I will by an onward mobile 5G phone, if it is released and will work going forward on AT&T's network. 2. I will buy an unlocked samsung phone if it will work on AT&T's network going forward. 3. I might consider a locked samsung phone on ATT in order to use the advanced features and deal with the bloatware and deal with other shenanigans. 4. I might consider switching to T-Mobile if I can confirm the places I want coverage work well and they stay more open to BYOD.

I am anticipating this to be an annoying upcoming year. Hopefully I am wrong and the 5G blackberry is released, works well and is accepted on my carrier of choice. I am not holding my breath at this point.
    03-28-21 05:13 AM
    How and where did you buy the phone?
    03-28-21 08:09 AM
    How and where did you buy the phone?
    Ah the scum AT&T............................either buy a phone from us or leave. The phone will work on T Mobile as long as it has the right radio bands. Welcome to the New AT&T........
    03-30-21 04:19 PM
    It's the Silver BlackBerry Key2 BBF100-2 North America model
    Worst case, you can probably still get a decent amount for it on eBay, since resale value is so high these days, especially silver ones.

If it doesn't work on T-Mo, does that mean it for sure wouldn't work on an MVNO that uses T-Mo towers, such as Mint Metro?
    03-30-21 04:32 PM
    Ah the scum AT&T............................either buy a phone from us or leave. The phone will work on T Mobile as long as it has the right radio bands. Welcome to the New AT&T........
    Worst case, you can probably still get a decent amount for it on eBay, since resale value is so high these days, especially silver ones.

If it doesn't work on T-Mo, does that mean it for sure wouldn't work on an MVNO that uses T-Mo towers, such as Mint Metro?
    Sigh.... Did both of you miss the part where it’s a blacklisted IMEI so no USA carrier will activate. LOL - sometimes it’s the simplest of reasons
    03-30-21 04:36 PM
331 12345 ...