Dear Forum and experts,
    I envisage to switch from iPhone X (back) to BB Key2. I have red in this forum that many of you have have already done this step. Unfortunately, I have not found to much on how to transfer data, besides the BB content transfer. Therefore, I'm asking you on how to:
    - transfer pictures without any cloud, as I have over 10'000 pics on my phone

Any other suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance for your advices!
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    08-04-18 09:45 AM
    Dear Forum and experts,
    I envisage to switch from iPhone X (back) to BB Key2. I have red in this forum that many of you have have already done this step. Unfortunately, I have not found to much on how to transfer data, besides the BB content transfer. Therefore, I'm asking you on how to:
    - transfer pictures without any cloud, as I have over 10'000 pics on my phone

Any other suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks a lot in advance for your advices!
    I have switched from an iPhone 8 plus to an Android based Blackberry and I found the experience to be much easier than I expected, but there were a few tips that helped me out.

For me, I was interested in moving all of my data off of Apple's iCloud email and photos service and on to Google services. What I did was download Google apps on my phone and allow them to gather my contacts and other data so that could be uploaded to Google's servers and save there. Some people do not want to do this, so you would have to figure out how to manually export your data from your iPhone to the app of your choice on BlackBerry. But, if you use a major service provider like Office 365 or Yahoo or something, you can just use their respective apps to do the same thing.

Moving my photos from iCloud to Google photos was very easy on my computer. What I did was make sure all of my photos from iCloud were in the photos app on my Mac, then I downloaded an app from Google that shows up as an option when you log in to Google photos on the web. This app sits in the mini bar of your computer and scans your computer for things like a photo library and uploads that to Google. I did a test of the photo quality on Google's standard settings because if you upload your apps in standard quality, which is approximately 16 megapixel jpeg, you get unlimited storage for free of your photos.

I do not mind having my data stored on Google servers, including my photos, which is why this was so easy for me. Because then, all you have to do is download the Google photos app on your new BlackBerry and all of your photos will be there for you without taking up space on the phone. It is very similar to iCloud, however I have found Google photos on Android to be so much better than iCloud and iPhone photos ever was.

I have found that some things on BlackBerry are not as good as the iPhone, but most of it is just aesthetic or next level details which I am happy to live without for a phone as useful and well-thought-out as the Blackberry. What I lost on the iPhone in refinements is more than made up for by the awesome customization and Powerful productivity tools on the BlackBerry.

I also found Google tap to speak system to be much more useful on Android than iPhones dictation service ever was. I have typed this entire message to you using Google speech recognition with only very minor edits. I could never have accomplished something like this using the iPhones dictation service without wanting to pull my hair out

As long as you are able to keep your iPhone for about a week before you sell it, you will have some time to figure out how to transfer any other data that might not easily have transferred using the method above. Google offers a help page if you search for switching from iPhone to Android. Blackberry has a few apps that can help transfer data from old blackberries, but I did not use any of blackberry services to transfer my data. I find where you are going to put your data in the cloud to help you move from iOS to Android

I think you will love the Blackberry keytwo, But be sure to understand that the camera on the iPhone 10 is much better than the camera on the key to. There are people in this forms that say there is not that much of a difference between the cameras, but if you care about photo quality in a meaningful way, you will need it Lee notice the difference between the two cameras. It's not to say the Blackberry key to camera is so bad that you should not go for it, however if the camera is the favorite feature you have on your iPhone X you will definitely miss it
    JOHNGAETANO and j21jam6 like this.
    08-04-18 01:22 PM
    I have switched from an iPhone 8 plus to an Android based Blackberry and I found the experience to be much easier than I expected, but there were a few tips that helped me out.

For me, I was interested in moving all of my data off of Apple's iCloud email and photos service and on to Google services. What I did was download Google apps on my phone and allow them to gather my contacts and other data so that could be uploaded to Google's servers and save there. Some people do not want to do this, so you would have to figure out how to manually export your data from your iPhone to the app of your choice on BlackBerry. But, if you use a major service provider like Office 365 or Yahoo or something, you can just use their respective apps to do the same thing.

Moving my photos from iCloud to Google photos was very easy on my computer. What I did was make sure all of my photos from iCloud were in the photos app on my Mac, then I downloaded an app from Google that shows up as an option when you log in to Google photos on the web. This app sits in the mini bar of your computer and scans your computer for things like a photo library and uploads that to Google. I did a test of the photo quality on Google's standard settings because if you upload your apps in standard quality, which is approximately 16 megapixel jpeg, you get unlimited storage for free of your photos.

I do not mind having my data stored on Google servers, including my photos, which is why this was so easy for me. Because then, all you have to do is download the Google photos app on your new BlackBerry and all of your photos will be there for you without taking up space on the phone. It is very similar to iCloud, however I have found Google photos on Android to be so much better than iCloud and iPhone photos ever was.

I have found that some things on BlackBerry are not as good as the iPhone, but most of it is just aesthetic or next level details which I am happy to live without for a phone as useful and well-thought-out as the Blackberry. What I lost on the iPhone in refinements is more than made up for by the awesome customization and Powerful productivity tools on the BlackBerry.

I also found Google tap to speak system to be much more useful on Android than iPhones dictation service ever was. I have typed this entire message to you using Google speech recognition with only very minor edits. I could never have accomplished something like this using the iPhones dictation service without wanting to pull my hair out

As long as you are able to keep your iPhone for about a week before you sell it, you will have some time to figure out how to transfer any other data that might not easily have transferred using the method above. Google offers a help page if you search for switching from iPhone to Android. Blackberry has a few apps that can help transfer data from old blackberries, but I did not use any of blackberry services to transfer my data. I find where you are going to put your data in the cloud to help you move from iOS to Android

I think you will love the Blackberry keytwo, But be sure to understand that the camera on the iPhone 10 is much better than the camera on the key to. There are people in this forms that say there is not that much of a difference between the cameras, but if you care about photo quality in a meaningful way, you will need it Lee notice the difference between the two cameras. It's not to say the Blackberry key to camera is so bad that you should not go for it, however if the camera is the favorite feature you have on your iPhone X you will definitely miss it
    Thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer and for your time!

I'm an "old" Blackberry fan (the last was the passport silver). The main reason for me to change to Key2 is the productivity factor and the keyboard.

I remember time when 90% of business travelers (like me) had a.... Blackberry in their hands. Unfortunately, BlackBerry did not recognised the time and we had to move to iPhone or Samsung... I hate to have to open 4 differents apps in order to read my messags. As we known iPhone was never made for productivity but much more for having a life style phone for the masses.

Foto: I'm not really fan of iPhone X picture quality. If you want to make great pictures you need to have a dedicated solution named "camera". And this is not only the case in photography but in nearly all aspects of our life.

Keyboard: I never felt comfortable to type on glass, since the beginning of typing on virtual keyboard. And I'm not alone

As you understood, the Key 2 would be my working horse and not a device for "fun".

Thanks againvfor sharing your experience!
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-04-18 01:59 PM
    Yeah, if those photos are on your phone... you’ll need to sync via computer if you don’t want to use cloud services of some type.

Once your on your Key2, just confirm you are saving to your SD and you are golden going forward as a non cloud user.

As for “great pictures” I’m not sure the Key2 is geared to be that.
    08-04-18 04:28 PM
    Yeah, if those photos are on your phone... you’ll need to sync via computer if you don’t want to use cloud services of some type.

Once your on your Key2, just confirm you are saving to your SD and you are golden going forward as a non cloud user.

As for “great pictures” I’m not sure the Key2 is geared to be that.
    To be clear, we are all programed to believe our phones will provide "great pictures" I but the reality is, great pictures still come from cameras. The X takes better photos than my KEY2 but I think we forget where great ones come from. Having used an RX 100 VI last weekend, a high end point and shoot, I was amazed of the quality vs my wife's X. Shockingly better quality.
    08-05-18 04:32 AM
    Yeah, you are completely right. My daughter has a Fujifilm Camera and the quality compared to iPhone X is shockingly better as you said!
    08-05-18 04:47 AM
    I didn't think I would sell my X but I did and the Key2 is my daily driver now. It's beyond the return period as of today I got $900 with a case and wireless charger so I am ahead of the game.
    Frank Costanza and the_boon like this.
    08-05-18 06:06 AM
    The investment (I believe) was a good one.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-05-18 06:54 AM
    You can simply use itunes for that transferring photos. Then make a google account, move all contact in your iphone there, then login the same google account into your new phone.
    08-05-18 07:58 AM
    I have my iCloud account synced to my Google photos account and I can switch devices and never worry about my photos, everything stays synced with no issues.
    08-05-18 02:26 PM