When I first got this phone I turned off swipe typing because it didn't work as well as on a virtual keyboard. But I was really frustrated that I couldn't use swipe typing, so I turned it back on. It actually works fairly well if you make sure your finger is on the first letter you want and then move your finger precisely.
    11-03-18 08:04 PM
    I had the key2 for a week and the swipe up was atrocious for the exact reason you are giving. You had to be absolutely perfect and even then sometimes the capactive keyboard had a delay. Glad I returned it and got my key2 Le
    11-03-18 10:09 PM
    I had the key2 for a week and the swipe up was atrocious for the exact reason you are giving. You had to be absolutely perfect and even then sometimes the capactive keyboard had a delay. Glad I returned it and got my key2 Le
    How are you finding KEY2LE keyboard which is non capacitive compared to KEY2 which is capacitive.
    11-04-18 05:04 AM
    I sort of wish I had waited for that phone so I could have stayed on Verizon
    11-04-18 08:55 AM
    When I first got this phone I turned off swipe typing because it didn't work as well as on a virtual keyboard. But I was really frustrated that I couldn't use swipe typing, so I turned it back on. It actually works fairly well if you make sure your finger is on the first letter you want and then move your finger precisely.
    I turned mine off more because of the virtual screen popping up randomly. I only tried a couple days but found it quite nice. I will try it again. The last straw was trying to make a password and could not make a match as it was jumping in and I would get a symbol.
    11-04-18 01:03 PM
    I turned mine off more because of the virtual screen popping up randomly. I only tried a couple days but found it quite nice. I will try it again. The last straw was trying to make a password and could not make a match as it was jumping in and I would get a symbol.
    Its a known bug! Please follow this thread and continue to open a case if BlackBerry Mobile:

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/
    11-04-18 03:01 PM
    I've tried it a few times times but haven't had great success. Wish I could get it to work the same as on vkb
    11-04-18 06:48 PM
    I've tried it a few times times but haven't had great success. Wish I could get it to work the same as on vkb
    I found on key2 you just swipe up under the word you want. Does not matter on letter. Takes a few times to get it. I'm still not sure if it's all that much faster than typing. Although I do get strings of words at times that work well.
    11-04-18 06:56 PM
    I don't find swipe typing as good on my key2 as It was on my PRIV. Sometimes takes three or four swipes to get it to activate which defeats the purpose of swiping for speed to begin with. I still use it but hope it gets better.
    11-06-18 05:31 PM
    I sort of wish I had waited for that phone so I could have stayed on Verizon
    Just snagged the LE for Verizon and couldn't be happier. My friends with AT&T and TMO are constantly complaining about their service.
    11-06-18 09:37 PM
    Just snagged the LE for Verizon and couldn't be happier. My friends with AT&T and TMO are constantly complaining about their service.
    Yah I miss vzw

And the battery is so amazing id be fine with 3000

Prolly could live without capacitive kbd
    11-06-18 09:55 PM
    I recently disabled the keyboard gestures altogether because I got frustrated with having to swipe multiple times to get the word predictions to work.

It did get vastly better with the last few OS and KB updates but it still remained frustrating for me.

I miss the swipe to delete but am getting used to just deleting with the button.

this reminds me of my Classic now where I would just type and not try to disrupt my typing trying to look up for a word to swipe.
    11-06-18 11:00 PM
    Well, if VZW has better service in general, and the LE has superior reception due to the polycarbonate build, then it looks like we have a killer communication device here
    11-07-18 03:06 AM
    I've had the Key2 for a month, and on balance, I love it. I hope to post a review before long. But on this issue, I view the swiping of words to be worthless. It just doesn't work, at least for me. The good news is, I just tap on the suggested word and it goes flawlessly into my message. And the even better news is, the algorithm generating the suggested words is awesome.
    11-07-18 07:22 PM
    How did you guys workaround retaining the swipe left to delete a word?

Having swipe typing enabled would either delete a word or insert a word. Both settings don't play nice..
    11-09-18 03:35 PM