Just got my KEY2, and I haven't been able to assign the three swipe gestures I'd been using a lot on my PRIV. Has this feature been removed in favour of the keyboard, or am I just unable to find the setting for it?
    09-25-18 01:19 AM
    What three gestures? If you can elaborate on those please
    09-25-18 01:49 AM
    What three gestures? If you can elaborate on those please
    See this video about the PRIV, it shows it:
    It's about being connectingg three on-screen swipe gestures to opening apps. Sure, on the KEY2 there's a whole keyboard for this, but having got used to those gestures so much, I'd really like to continue using them.
    09-25-18 01:54 AM
    Oh that one. It disappeared even in KeyOne.
    Some said it killed some code and was a performance hog back in the day. Guess it also felt redundant when you had physical shortcut keys, specially in Key2 now you can use SpeedKey.

You can probably set the Convenience Key to have 3 shortcuts under Normal Profile if you want to use something similar.
    09-25-18 02:17 AM
    Or try another launcher.
    09-25-18 06:48 AM
    It was killed because the home button action was assigned as Google Assistant launcher by Google.

It's a shame because it was awesome! A lot better than the Convenience Key, or even the Speed Key which requires two handed operation.

If you ask me it needs to be the other way around...Google Assistant needs to be launched with the CK and the 3 swipes needs to make a comeback to the home button...
    09-25-18 08:27 AM
    It was killed because the home button action was assigned as Google Assistant launcher by Google.

It's a shame because it was awesome! A lot better than the Convenience Key, or even the Speed Key which requires two handed operation.

If you ask me it needs to be the other way around...Google Assistant needs to be launched with the CK and the 3 swipes needs to make a comeback to the home button...
    It might come back with Android Pie, where the OS offers gestures.
    10-04-18 07:26 PM
    It might come back with Android Pie, where the OS offers gestures.
    That would be fantastic!
    10-04-18 07:32 PM
    That would be fantastic!
    If you really want something gesture based, you can use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esture.control

You'll probably need the Pro version to use it against Apps or Shortcuts. On top of that you can disable the navigation buttons completely using Button Remapper app.

I tested above with Swipe up and Hold Swipe up, works just fine. It adds a small bar right above the Home button that is used to initiate the gestures.
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    10-06-18 08:56 PM
    If you really want something gesture based, you can use this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...esture.control

You'll probably need the Pro version to use it against Apps or Shortcuts. On top of that you can disable the navigation buttons completely using Button Remapper app.

I tested above with Swipe up and Hold Swipe up, works just fine. It adds a small bar right above the Home button that is used to initiate the gestures.
    Yup! I have tried these before. While they are great they also require Accessibility Service which I personally try to avoid as they do have tendency to slow the device down, depending on how they are designed.
    10-06-18 09:20 PM
    Yup! I have tried these before. While they are great they also require Accessibility Service which I personally try to avoid as they do have tendency to slow the device down, depending on how they are designed.
    Then this is the most basic one without any special permissions but you have to turn off Google Default search from the home button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...swipeuputility

You can either set it to launch an app or show launch box with multiple apps.
    10-06-18 09:24 PM
    Then this is the most basic one without any special permissions but you have to turn off Google Default search from the home button.

You can either set it to launch an app or show launch box with multiple apps.
    This is fantastic! Didn't know there was a way to take over your default assist app which I don't use anyway. Thank you!!
    TheBond likes this.
    10-06-18 09:38 PM
    This is fantastic! Didn't know there was a way to take over your default assist app which I don't use anyway. Thank you!!
    Haha. Yeah I just found a minute before telling you too.
    Now I have got it set to launch BlackBerry Hub.

The app is a little fiddly if you switch between Launch Box or individual app, but once it's sorted, it works fine.
    10-06-18 09:40 PM
    Haha. Yeah I just found a minute before telling you too.
    Now I have got it set to launch BlackBerry Hub.

The app is a little fiddly if you switch between Launch Box or individual app, but once it's sorted, it works fine.
    Yup! I set it to Hub & it works fantastic. Now I have the Convenience Key free to launch my Device Search app. Life's good!
    10-06-18 09:43 PM
    which one out of the two is the best?
    10-07-18 05:50 PM
    which one out of the two is the best?
    10-07-18 05:56 PM
    Nova Launcher allows the assigning of gestures. https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...tures-0179904/
    10-10-18 12:01 PM
    Nova Launcher allows the assigning of gestures. https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...tures-0179904/
    Yes, but then you loose all shortkey functions of the PKB.

The same with Action Launcher.

Sad, sad!
    10-10-18 12:20 PM
    Yes, but then you loose all shortkey functions of the PKB.

The same with Action Launcher.

Sad, sad!
    You can still use the speed key with those other launchers
    10-10-18 03:33 PM
    You can still use the speed key with those other launchers
    + with Action Launcher you can setup a home key tap to invoke app search in keyboard ready mode! Then rename your app to the shortcut key you have configured in the BlackBerry Launcher and boom!

For example, rename Instagram to I

Then tap the home key followed by I + Enter and there you have it..

The extra taps is nothing compared with what Action and Nova give you + you can easily perform these actions one handedly, unlike when using the Speed Key.
    10-10-18 03:41 PM
    For example, rename Instagram to I

Then tap the home key followed by I + Enter and there you have it..

The extra taps is nothing compared with what Action and Nova give you + you can easily perform these actions one handedly, unlike when using the Speed Key.
    I know exactly what you did. And it's the best you can do, so you get all the things of Action Launcher and a sort of shortcut feeling.

But I don't understand why BlackBerry Launcher can't integrate right swipe in it's program! Sad sad. It would be so simple. Others can do as well. If they would do, Hub would be like ever.
    10-13-18 01:47 AM
    But I don't understand why BlackBerry Launcher can't integrate right swipe in it's program! Sad sad. It would be so simple. Others can do as well. If they would do, Hub would be like ever.
    They can, they don't seem to want to or think it's any priority and that's a big difference.

Also, in order to create a true BB10 experience, one that can allow proper peeking into Hub rather than a half baked Productivity Tab, Hub will have to be an under layer rather than over layer and the only way to do that is to merge Hub & BlackBerry Launcher into one app which means that if you use Hub you won't be able to use another launcher as effectively there will no longer be an independent Hub app.

Sure you can create a home screen horizontal swipe to launch Hub but I don't think that's what you are after and if you are then all you have to do is install a 3rd party launcher that support horizontal home screen gestures.

So if you take the complexity of merging Hub & BlackBerry Launcher and the fact that in order to access Hub you will have to somehow interact with your home screen (launcher) and you end up creating a unique experience that may or may not be liked by new users or even ones that were BlackBerry users in the past and spent a lot of time on Android before their return to BlackBerry.

The point is that I am not saying it's impossible, of course it is and I would be all for it but such a move would be very risky and unfortunately will never happen IMO.
    10-13-18 12:14 PM
    The point is that I am not saying it's impossible, of course it is and I would be all for it but such a move would be very risky and unfortunately will never happen IMO.
    Thanks very much. I see now how it works. I tried (and bought) many 3rd party tools and they would do what I like, but this "3-5 second delaying" roule of the launchers make them useless. We buy a quick smartphone an have to wait until the launcher starts an app, you have started with a swipe right gestures?! Strange.
    10-14-18 03:23 AM
    Thanks very much. I see now how it works. I tried (and bought) many 3rd party tools and they would do what I like, but this "3-5 second delaying" roule of the launchers make them useless. We buy a quick smartphone an have to wait until the launcher starts an app, you have started with a swipe right gestures?! Strange.
    You shouldn't experience delays in launching your apps and if you do then make sure you use apps that does not require Accessibility Service as these apps create device lag (by design).

My recommendation is to avoid any such app at all costs and if you need one then enable / disable it as needed with the built in Accessibility Service shortcut.

This is true for most apps, not all as some are coded better than others in that respect but if you want to learn why Accessibility Service causes device lag search the forum; I have explained it here several times. You can also find a lot of info by searching the web.
    10-14-18 12:13 PM
    I use an app called Pie Control. It is similar to the 3 app swipe option on the Priv. If you use the paid version, you could assign several more apps when you swipe. you can set it for the corners of your device (which is what I have it for) or on the left or right side like the productivity tab. Serves as a great alternative for me.
    10-16-18 02:24 PM
33 12