Hello Guys,

My blackberry key2 has a blackscreen. I can call my number and it rings normally but nothing happens on the phone.
    I've tried all the reboot options I've found:
    "hold the power button for 32 seconds."
    "hold the power button and volume down or/ up "

Nothing happens if i plug it to power adapter or to a computer.

I can't take it to replacement center because there's no blackberry support center in my country.

Any ideas i can try before giving up ?

Edit: the fix was holding power + vol down for 1 mins and 35 seconds. (I had a chronometer)
    Last edited by Joe-94; 03-08-19 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Issue fixed
    03-07-19 03:57 AM
    sounds like the display ribbon cable might of came undone, have you dropped your phone recently? Even a slight bump can unplug the ribbon cable rendering the screen useless. Potential easy(-ish) fix.
    03-07-19 07:46 AM
    It wasn't the screen!
    I did hold the power + vol down for 1 mins and 35 seconds after that the device turned on and all is back to normal!
    Ps: the phone was on charge when this happened.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-08-19 02:33 PM
    Happy to hear good outcome. That would be a very uncomfortable situation.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    03-08-19 05:21 PM
    It wasn't the screen!
    I did hold the power + vol down for 1 mins and 35 seconds after that the device turned on and all is back to normal!
    I had similar problem before. I forgot what i did to result to the blank/black screen.

Anyway, it took me a while to find how to hard reset the key2, then everything bck to normal
    03-10-19 05:43 AM
    It wasn't the screen!
    Wow impressive. I wouldn't have the patience to hold the keys for so long.
    03-10-19 06:34 AM
    Same thing just happened to me. I held the power button down but all I got was those floating triangles and circles. Then I held down the power button and convenience key at same time for several seconds and it booted back up to normal. My phone was on the charger when I went to check it, would have been close to full charge, when this happened. Last week,the screen was on but no icons were showing. I rebooted phone and they re appeared. Love the phone but feeling somewhat uneasy about it given these last two incidents....
    03-19-19 11:02 PM
    Same thing just happened to me. I held the power button down but all I got was those floating triangles and circles. Then I held down the power button and convenience key at same time for several seconds and it booted back up to normal. My phone was on the charger when I went to check it, would have been close to full charge, when this happened. Last week,the screen was on but no icons were showing. I rebooted phone and they re appeared. Love the phone but feeling somewhat uneasy about it given these last two incidents....
    I would start by backing everything up while it's currently working.

Then, maybe consider doing a factory reset to see if it's software related
    03-20-19 02:56 AM