Hello all, I've been using a Key2 on Verizon for a couple years now without issue. However, yesterday I was on a flight and when I landed and turned airplane mode off, the phone started struggling and hasn't recovered.

Even with 4-5 bars of 4G LTE, it gets 1-2 Mbps and occasionally the signal drops completely.

I don't want to contact Verizon for support because I don't want them to kick me off the network since the Key2 is technically unsupported.

I tried a network settings reset. Is there anything, short of a full hard reset, that might fix it?
    09-23-22 04:13 PM
    Hello all, I've been using a Key2 on Verizon for a couple years now without issue. However, yesterday I was on a flight and when I landed and turned airplane mode off, the phone started struggling and hasn't recovered.

Even with 4-5 bars of 4G LTE, it gets 1-2 Mbps and occasionally the signal drops completely.

I don't want to contact Verizon for support because I don't want them to kick me off the network since the Key2 is technically unsupported.

I tried a network settings reset. Is there anything, short of a full hard reset, that might fix it?
    Try a 32 second reboot. Hold down the power button for 32 seconds, during such time the phone should vibrate 5 times. Then release and let it boot up. If that doesn't work report back.
    09-23-22 09:40 PM
    Try a 32 second reboot. Hold down the power button for 32 seconds, during such time the phone should vibrate 5 times. Then release and let it boot up. If that doesn't work report back.
    I tried it twice. That seems to have stabilized the connection and increased it to 8 Mbps on a full signal, but it's still not where it should be...
    09-25-22 12:40 AM
    I tried it twice. That seems to have stabilized the connection and increased it to 8 Mbps on a full signal, but it's still not where it should be...
    Are you testing the network connection always at the same location?
    09-25-22 02:16 AM

You phone may not have the band Verizon uses as its preferred band. So it may be on a secondary band, this is why it is so slow. This also might be area related.
    09-25-22 09:51 AM
    Are you testing the network connection always at the same location?
    I have been traveling and it's slow regardless of where I am and regardless of the signal strength.
    09-25-22 03:06 PM
    the Key2 is technically unsupported.
    And in the end that's really the issue....

Could try removing the SIM Card, rebooting, and then reinstalling it. After that, either a call to tech support or a factory reset. Maybe when you get home you'll be back to normal? But when traveling networks can get pretty congested, whole reason for 5G and it's extra bandwidth. Also carrier's utilize many bands, but these change in priority in different markets. KEY2 doesn't have 5G or VZW 4G B66.
    09-26-22 09:01 AM
    To update this, now that I'm back home, the phone seems back to normal and is getting full speed on LTE.

After I did the 32 seconds reset, I noticed that Speedtest.net was identifying the network as Verizon whereas previously it was something else (I don't remember what). The whole thing was very strange.
    09-29-22 03:35 AM
    To update this, now that I'm back home, the phone seems back to normal and is getting full speed on LTE.

After I did the 32 seconds reset, I noticed that Speedtest.net was identifying the network as Verizon whereas previously it was something else (I don't remember what). The whole thing was very strange.
    Glad it's back to working...

Where did you travel too?
    09-29-22 08:15 AM