So, now that StraightTalk is killing their 3g towers, I can't make calls with my Key2. I love this phone, irrationally so, and I just want to keep using it. I switched my phone to 4g only, and turned on VoLTE and now everything works phone except for the actual phone part. I can text, use data, but no phone calls.

Is there a way to either fix my VoLTE problem in settings? Or is there a network that'll take me and my phone and our forbidden love?
    01-27-22 09:54 AM
    So, now that StraightTalk is killing their 3g towers, I can't make calls with my Key2. I love this phone, irrationally so, and I just want to keep using it. I switched my phone to 4g only, and turned on VoLTE and now everything works phone except for the actual phone part. I can text, use data, but no phone calls.

Is there a way to either fix my VoLTE problem in settings? Or is there a network that'll take me and my phone and our forbidden love?
    Unlike BB10 phones, the KEY2 should work...

StraightTalk isn't a carrier, it has no towers. As a MVNO they rent space with different carriers in different markets. I assume in your area it AT&T. It's not a phone issue by a carrier issue.

If you move to T-Mobile or one of their MVNO... it should work fine, if T-Mobile has coverage in your area.
    Bradleykirksey and irob20000 like this.
    01-27-22 10:53 AM

You’ll need StraightTalk customer service to issue a new SIM probably. It sounds like you’re on AT&T backbone for service. If TMO has coverage in your area, StraightTalk will do this pretty easily. If there’s no good TMO coverage in your area, you’ll need to move onto a supported device from StraightTalk to keep your service.
    Bradleykirksey likes this.
    01-27-22 11:49 AM
    Thanks so much. I'll call ST and if that doesn't work, I'll switch to TMO!
    01-27-22 01:15 PM
    Thanks so much. I'll call ST and if that doesn't work, I'll switch to TMO!
    Or simply buy a modern, current, secure, carrier supported device.
    01-27-22 01:59 PM
    Look at Ting as well. I signed up so I could use my Key2 LE in the Minneapolis , MN market. I got the Sim that uses the T-mobile backbone. So far it works really well. I like the price and the shared data pool. It's about 1/3 what I pay for AT&T based on my data requirements.
    01-27-22 04:22 PM