Currently have an S9 but I've been a long time BB user and have been debating going back with a K2 Black. For those who have it and have used Samsung/iPhone devices, is it worth switching back? I don't consume much media (aside from reading the NY Times every morning and watching some of their videos), occasional YouTube and have about 30-40 essential apps that I use on a regular basis. I remember the K1 lagging a bit which was why I left BB.
    12-23-18 05:49 AM
    You are 100% the right user for the K2. Does not lag even a little (my K1 did, the K2 was the solution). Based on your description of yourself, you will love the K2.
    12-23-18 11:29 AM
    PS I was iPhone for 10 years prior to the K1
    terminatorx likes this.
    12-23-18 11:30 AM
    I have just switched from note8 to key2 , its different but not dissipointing
    terminatorx likes this.
    12-23-18 01:37 PM
    If issues such as this don't bother you plus there are other users complaining about space bar issues amongst many other things then there is no better productivity tool in the market than the K2.

Despite the above, I love it. Do not expect a Samsung quality. BlackBerry Mobile is simply not there yet!
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-23-18 02:03 PM
    The only thing you will miss is the camera coming from the S9. KEY2 camera is absolutely crap in low light situations.
    12-23-18 02:56 PM
    The only thing you will miss is the camera coming from the S9. KEY2 camera is absolutely crap in low light situations.
    With the latest update, it has become a whole lot better though. NOT as good as the S9, but a lot better than before, so I wouldn't call it "crap" anymore.
    12-23-18 04:17 PM
    I was in basically the same boat as you. I had a Galaxy s8+ for about a year then switched to the OnePlus 6T for about two weeks or so, then just switched to the key2 but it has too many quirks so after about a week I went to the key2 LE and I love it. Overall it is a better phone than the key2 as far as usability, technically the key2 is better in the specs department but I prefer the LE by far. After the current LE pricedrops the key2 just doesn't make sense.
    12-23-18 06:14 PM
    I was in basically the same boat as you. I had a Galaxy s8+ for about a year then switched to the OnePlus 6T for about two weeks or so, then just switched to the key2 but it has too many quirks so after about a week I went to the key2 LE and I love it. Overall it is a better phone than the key2 as far as usability, technically the key2 is better in the specs department but I prefer the LE by far. After the current LE pricedrops the key2 just doesn't make sense.
    What issues bothered you about the K2?
    12-23-18 07:12 PM
    The problem is not what the Key2 can or can't do, its trying to compare to an S9 or Note, or any flagship phone for that matter. It's a pricey mid-ranger with a keyboard. Temper your expectations accordingly.
    Vistaus and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-23-18 07:53 PM
    They KeyTwo is a different experience, for me it isn't comparable to a slate device no matter how much better the specs are- a PKB is in a class of its own. If you enjoy PKB"s you should definitely try out the KeyTwo regardless of what device you are coming from.
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-23-18 08:38 PM
    I'd just recommend the LE, in Atomic of course
    12-23-18 09:47 PM
    Thanks everyone, I think I'll order one on Amazon and try it out for myself. Price recently dropped $25 in the US
    12-24-18 07:08 AM
    Best Buy has the Atomic LE for $349.99!
    the_boon likes this.
    12-24-18 09:59 AM
    In terms of security Samsung's Knox is the nearest in terms of that capability.

I had the option of S8 for a work phone or the Key². For me the BB device is about right:

For;
    • Great battery.
    • Fantastic productivity (hub suite of apps I use daily).
    • Camera in my opinion is good. it won't be as good as the Samsung.
    • Multi-tasking via speed key is actually useful.

Case against;
    • A few bugs. If you're not put off by that you might get lucky - I did and have no issues.
    • Bluetooth connectivity is not as good. I have an earpiece which is fine with other handsets but not this one.
    • I miss having a handset which is IP67.

There are fors and against but it's all about what's right for you. For me it's a solid workhorse. I watch videos etc on other devices.
    12-24-18 11:33 AM