Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    What's up with the new and ugly design choices for the BlackBerry Key2 square app icons and outlined text format?

I didn't do anything in the settings and now the text is so bad and annoying that I can't even read it correctly.

Who is making these childish design decisions?
    Attached Thumbnails Square App icons and ugly outlined text font - BlackBerry Key2-20785.jpg  
    01-02-19 01:20 PM
    What's up with the new and ugly design choices for the BlackBerry Key2 square app icons and outlined text format?

I didn't do anything in the settings and now the text is so bad and annoying that I can't even read it correctly.

Who is making these childish design decisions?
    Well, that font is def. a glitch. Shouldn't look that way.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-02-19 01:38 PM
    Hi! I don't think so. I have restarted the device multiple times since yesterday. I uploaded three photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Square App icons and ugly outlined text font - BlackBerry Key2-20786.jpg  
    01-02-19 01:45 PM
    and there goes the last one!
    Attached Thumbnails Square App icons and ugly outlined text font - BlackBerry Key2-20787.jpg  
    01-02-19 01:45 PM
    Hi! I don't think so. I have restarted the device multiple times since yesterday. I uploaded three photos.
    You seemingly have high contrast text enabled. Go to settings, search for contrast, then choose High Contrast Text and disable it. How it got enabled, I dunno, but as said, shouldn't look that way.
    Rico4you and Jafar Anvary like this.
    01-02-19 02:36 PM
    You seemingly have high contrast text enabled. Go to settings, search for contrast, then choose High Contrast Text and disable it. How it got enabled, I dunno, but as said, shouldn't look that way.
    Other apps look better with high contrast to me, I can't read them well without high contrast. It's BlackBerry that needs to adapt to the high contrast setting.
    01-02-19 04:20 PM
    Other apps look better with high contrast to me, I can't read them well without high contrast. It's BlackBerry that needs to adapt to the high contrast setting.
    Can't really see that happening since it's an experimental feature anyway.
    01-02-19 04:22 PM
    Can't really see that happening since it's an experimental feature anyway.
    So other apps adapted well, including ones by indie devs that hardly have any spare time to develop, yet BlackBerry, a big company with quite a few devs, can't?
    01-02-19 04:24 PM
    So other apps adapted well, including ones by indie devs that hardly have any spare time to develop, yet BlackBerry, a big company with quite a few devs, can't?
    I never said they can't. I said I can't see it happening. The difference between the ability to and the willingness to.
    01-02-19 04:25 PM
    Hi! That actually solved the outlined text problem. I seriously didn't know that option or that that area in settings existet. Let alone activating or deactivating it.

Thanks man!

I think I can live with the square app icons.
    01-02-19 05:37 PM
    Thanks man!
    Glad to help.
    01-02-19 05:38 PM
    It should like this not the one above!Square App icons and ugly outlined text font - BlackBerry Key2-screenshot_20190104-113241.jpeg
    01-04-19 01:33 PM