After using the BlackBerry KEY² for 2 weeks I am realizing that I prefer to use my button remapper shortcuts over the speedkey.

BlackBerry should give us the option to change the "speedkey" back to its original shift function. In addition they should implement more uses for the speedkey such as double tapping for "tab" like the old BlackBerry days. Single press of the Speedkey then pressing a letter should be it's true shortcut functionality, this allows one handed use. Holding the speedkey should act as right shift etc, not sure why they decided to reduce functionality on this phone over the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ

Is there anyway to remap the speedkey back to its original function as right shift? I prefer the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ input functionality where I didn't have to give up my "$/speakerphone" key functionality for a half baked app switcher.
    10-31-18 03:47 PM
    After using the BlackBerry KEY² for 2 weeks I am realizing that I prefer to use my button remapper shortcuts over the speedkey.

BlackBerry should give us the option to change the "speedkey" back to its original shift function. In addition they should implement more uses for the speedkey such as double tapping for "tab" like the old BlackBerry days. Single press of the Speedkey then pressing a letter should be it's true shortcut functionality, this allows one handed use. Holding the speedkey should act as right shift etc, not sure why they decided to reduce functionality on this phone over the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ

Is there anyway to remap the speedkey back to its original function as right shift? I prefer the BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ input functionality where I didn't have to give up my "$/speakerphone" key functionality for a half baked app switcher.
    Total remapped feature could be awesome. Each one could choose his best way to go. Its a must have with a pkb!! Please Blackberry add it!!
    10-31-18 03:52 PM

The button remapper apps (I've tried most of them) have all sorts of inconsistency issues and not being able to determine text-input fields on web pages. Also, none of the BB launcher shortcuts can be assigned to them (that I know of).
    10-31-18 04:00 PM
    Button Remapper is actually great, I have zero issues. Yes, you have to re-create your shortcuts within the button remapper app. See my post on BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ forums.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...eyone-1152151/
    10-31-18 04:07 PM
    @BLAZEDv3 I cannot agree with you more! The implementation of the Speed Key is not even half baked, a quarter at best...

The compromises that the hardware & software designers take in the name of simplicity are not only annoying but shows lack of vision or perhaps willingness to go the extra mile by taking a good idea and making it more complete.

Here is a fresh example from the last security patch:

The Convenience Key received a dedicated Google Assistant settings that works with a short, long and double presses. Great idea, it had been requested and suggested since the KEYᵒⁿᵉ launched.

Why in the word did they leave the standard functionality of the Convenience Key as is rather than upgrade it to the same functionality as the new Google Assistant settings?

It's as if they use us users as testers to see what works and what doesn't...okay cool but once we realize it works where do we report it and how can we make it implemented fast? Not in a year or so from now.
    10-31-18 04:34 PM
    Button Remapper is actually great, I have zero issues. Yes, you have to re-create your shortcuts within the button remapper app. See my post on BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ forums.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...eyone-1152151/
    Third app for kb entry is a serious security risk...
    10-31-18 04:36 PM
    Agreed but no way around it if you want remapping functionality. Overall Button remapper does not send any data, I logged it's network usage, it's nill.
    ElGorgon likes this.
    10-31-18 04:37 PM
    Man I really love the speedkey, really nice to access keyboard shortcuts when in an app without going to the home screen. A step forward for me.
    10-31-18 09:42 PM
    Man I really love the speedkey, really nice to access keyboard shortcuts when in an app without going to the home screen. A step forward for me.
    Same, I'm really liking the speed key. I do think being able to enable a one-handed mode (Probably via double tapping the key) would be a happy improvement though.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-01-18 07:17 AM
    Instead of the Speedkey, using button remapper, I double tap the "H" button which is set to take me home regardless of what app I am in. This then allows me to use all 52 shortcuts from the home page and allows one handed use compared to the Speedkey and it's limited shortcuts. Same amount of time and tbh the position of the "H" is easier to access than the Speedkey.
    11-01-18 07:20 AM
    Instead of the Speedkey, using button remapper, I double tap the "H" button which is set to take me home regardless of what app I am in. This then allows me to use all 52 shortcuts from the home page and allows one handed use compared to the Speedkey and it's limited shortcuts. Same amount of time and tbh the position of the "H" is easier to access than the Speedkey.
    Curious, why map the H key for home instead of using the home capacitive button? (The "circle" android button above the keyboard)
    11-01-18 07:25 AM
    Using the capacitive home button changes the flow of speed. With physical keys you can feel and reach much easier, from different angles and what not, Double tap of the "H" key is much quicker to do and flows effectively on a physical keyboard device.
    11-01-18 07:33 AM
    The speed key is especially useful for those using Nova or some other third party launcher.

I use the BB one so honestly I wouldn't mind being able to map it to Ctrl for example, since I don't really need it.

When I'm in an app, tapping the circle and then the keyboard shortcut is barely slower than using the speed key, and it doesn't take 2 hands.
    Smokeaire and BLAZEDv3 like this.
    11-01-18 07:40 AM
    The speed key is especially useful for those using Nova or some other third party launcher.

I use the BB one so honestly I wouldn't mind being able to map it to Ctrl for example, since I don't really need it.

When I'm in an app, tapping the circle and then the keyboard shortcut is barely slower than using the speed key, and it doesn't take 2 hands.
    I agree. I've used the Speed Key maybe a couple of times. I would use it a lot more if I could use it as the control key.
    11-01-18 08:08 AM
    I agree. I've used the Speed Key maybe a couple of times. I would use it a lot more if I could use it as the control key.
    Can it work with button mapper?
    11-01-18 08:45 AM
    The truth is to imagine a Russian sitting at home with access to everything you've written on the keyboard including passwords and numbers, and I'm terrified a little.
    (with all respect to Russian BTW)
    11-01-18 08:59 AM
    The truth is to imagine a Russian sitting at home with access to everything you've written on the keyboard including passwords and numbers, and I'm terrified a little.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what does this have to do with the Speed Key?
    11-01-18 09:27 AM
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what does this have to do with the Speed Key?
    Do you read all the thread or just the last comment? Take a look at button remapped app and you'll see what I mean.
    11-01-18 09:32 AM
    You sound like an NPC. Scared of the evil Russians because CNN said so.
    11-01-18 09:47 AM
    You sound like an NPC. Scared of the evil Russians because CNN said so.
    There is no CNN in my country, but thank you very much just in case.
    11-01-18 09:58 AM
    Do you read all the thread or just the last comment? Take a look at button remapped app and you'll see what I mean.
    No permissions required and no data leakage.
    11-01-18 10:32 AM
    I do also feel that the speed key should have been an additional button rather than replace the right shift key.
    If I want a notification drop down button, a ctrl button and a speed key, no combination can give me that currently unfortunately.
    Hopefully BlackBerry changes that with the KEY3.
    Also I totally agree that they should implement the speed key to aid single handed use.
    CrackBerry Kevin had even dropped a feature request regarding right at the beginning when the KEY² launched but nothing yet.
    11-01-18 10:35 AM
    No permissions required and no data leakage. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bb235e5ae8.jpg
    You need to activate accessibility in the app to be able to use it, that means it can monitor all the text you type, including passwords and everything, and that it doesn't have an active internet connection does not mean it haven't a passive entry from outside. Speedkey is a step back for BlackBerry KEY series-screenshot_20181101-163701.jpeg
    11-01-18 10:41 AM
    Oc I'm not saying is a bad app, I think is a pretty useful one, but important security flawless for blackberry system.
    11-01-18 10:45 AM
    Testy little buckaroo aren't you? Your comment was pretty open ended and didn't quote a particular post.
    11-01-18 10:46 AM
42 12